What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

Most people here praised the Crowder trade. We all thought he could kind of return to his Boston play and be one of the best role players on a cheap deal. It hasnt happened. Is it DL's fault he's shooting 26% from 3 in November?

Sixers want a first and an expiring serviceable player for Fultz. https://www.google.com/amp/s/sixers...ixers-markelle-fultz-trade-latest-rumors/amp/

Cleveland is a team that makes sense because they have Korver, but Cleveland isn't sending their 1st. I doubt Phoenix or Orlando would either. Contenders won't want him.

So the question is, since we arent a contender, why not take a chance? My three way trade just makes too much sense for us and Sixers. Dont know why Cavs say no either. I would trade Burks, Bradley and 2nd rounders for Fultz all day long.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last year Crowder was a piece in a trade for a super-star PG. That's how good of a role player he was.

Now, he's probably just a throw in for salary matching.

No, Crowder is worth more than that especially with his contract. He loves being here and he has value to us. To me, Gobert, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder and Grayson are the only players I don't touch.

I would trade our first because I believe in our core to figure it out. We are going to end up around .500 or better so our 1st won't have that much value. It is better served on a high potential value or a proven commodity.

OH MY GOD!!! this site is turning into virtual toys “R” Us, and how did things work out for that business? @LoPo is infecting jazzfanz with his outrageous propaganda I can’t eeeffffing take it anymore.

Washington owner is cheap as hell. Take on Mahinmi's contract since we aren't gonna sign a free agent anyway, then give them the max amount of cash in a deal (what is it, 5mil?) that they can use to fire Scotty Brooks.

I'm in on beal. Start donovan at the point

I don't think we have a great shot, but Mahinmi's contract is horrid. Minnesota tried so hard go dump Dieng with Butler but couldn't.

Rubio, Burks, Thabo, Bradley, 1st rounders and 2nd rounders for Beal and Mahinmi is a strong offer.

Wiz avoid luxury, shed $40+ million and get multiple 1sts. Not bad...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9wwgal3

You guys live in some kind of fantasy land. We aren’t getting Beal, even if DL throws in a “pretty please” for that pile fof crap, idiots!!
Lol

Yes, I’m laughing at your idiocy as well
We need to do something. Even a minor deal would send a message.

Lol what kind of message does a minor trade send? What the hell would that do for the jazz?
Dennis Lindsey doesn't do major trades, it's just not his m.o. I expect him to make a minor deal right at the deadline that doesn't really move the needle at all.
The trade for Burks, trade for Gobert, trade up for Mitchell, trade for Crowder, trade for Hill. STFU, idiot!!
Who’s job is it to get assets?
I guess we could trade DM. And Gobert, that would get us assets, idiot. How in the hell are we getting any major assets, Exum? Favors? O’Neale? Oh, I know... Udoh will get it done, brilliant, why the hell hasnt DL shipped Udoh’s *** out for two first rounders yet, fire his ***!!
can we go back in time and sign bellijnca?
I wanted him so bad
Fultz is exactly what we need... if we have decided to tank the season.

We need him, and his 9million he will make next year to tank? We are doing a great job of that on our own without him

No to fultz
YES to Beal
I guess so but might regret it to OPJ

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The only player that we could possibly get to salvage this season is Bobby Portis from the Bulls. All other options are either paired with toxic contract or flat out mediocrity. If we don't get Portis, I'd say let's trade for as many first round draft picks as we possibly can for this next year's draft, which is stacked with long and athletic forwards that the Jazz desperately need at the moment. Zion, Bol Bol, Reddish, Little, Rui, DeAndre Hunter, Sekou...... I'd say get them all.

Mirotic :(

BTW I love Lindsey and he deserves some buffer zone, wouldn't dream of firing him or anything. And hey, I was definitely wrong about looking into Jabari Parker. But Lindsey was wrong on Bjelicia and Mirotic. I don't think there is much argument to be made there.

We can't say "No one around here suggested anything different" Many, many people did.

Here's another great stat. We are .8% from being the worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA while taking 31 attempts per game lmao.... don't forget, we are 3rd in the NBA at being wide open when we take shots. There's no fixing that on a coach level. It's the players.

I would honestly take on Fultz. He wouldn't be under pressure here and is only 20 years old. He could bomb and be nothing, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that keeping the status quo is going to get us anywhere.

I would honestly take on Fultz. He wouldn't be under pressure here and is only 20 years old. He could bomb and be nothing, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that keeping the status quo is going to get us anywhere.

This. It's obvious the talent is there, and I trust our player development coaching. Seems like a no-brainer to me if Philly really wants to unload him.

Mirotic :(

BTW I love Lindsey and he deserves some buffer zone, wouldn't dream of firing him or anything. And hey, I was definitely wrong about looking into Jabari Parker. But Lindsey was wrong on Bjelicia and Mirotic. I don't think there is much argument to be made there.

We can't say "No one around here suggested anything different" Many, many people did.
It's 20 games in. It's way too early to say he was wrong on anything.

Let's see what happens. Let's see what they do with Favors expiring contract. These fake trades we want for Beal and Porter would be much harder without his salary. Let's see what happens in free agency. If we sign Bjelica, we have less cap-room for next off-season.

@Thee jazz fan

Hey buddy, I understand you are upset. We all are. Like you said in your rant, we do make trades. Almost all of those trades come from very credible sources prior to happening. For example, we knew that our FO loved Crowder for years. Everyone knew Rubio was being made available by Minnesota. We knew our FO was very impressed with Mitchell. Etc, etc.

In this dark time early in the season, I would rather take the time to debate league trade chatter than sit around and moan.

Back to subject - I'm loving the idea of Fultz more and more. I have more faith in rehabbing his career than I do getting some major free agent this summer.

Assuming we trade an expiring contract for Fultz, what would that do to our cap situation this offseason?

The Salary Cap for 2019-20 will be $109 million (up $7 million from this year). The luxury tax will be $134 million (up $8 million from this year). https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-sets-salary-cap-2019-20-2020-21-seasons-020033583.html

For 2019-20, we have the following contracts:
Gobert $25
Favors $16.9 (team option)
Ingles $12
FULTZ $9.75
Exum $9.6
Crowder $7.8
Mitchell $3.6
Allen $2.5
Bradley $2
Neto $2 (team option)
Niang $1.6 (team option)
O'Neale $1.6 (team option)
Draft pick cap hold $2
TOTAL: $97 million (if we picked up all team options)

Rubio $22.5 cap hold
Burks $17.3 cap hold
Thabo $6.8 cap hold
Udoh $4.4 cap hold

The most cap space we could possibly have available is $75 million if we sent all the team option guys packing and renounced all 4 unrestricted free agents.

So if we let everybody go, renounced all the free agents, we could still target Middleton, Tobias Harris, whoever with a max contract. These guys would be under contract:
Gobert, Ingles, Fultz, Exum, Crowder, Mitchell, Allen, Bradley. We could keep Niang and O'Neale and still have over $30 million.

Really, this. Unless they want expiring contracts like favors and Burks, what's appealing about anyone besides don and rudy?

I think joe would be very appealing to a lot of teams, not saying they should trade him but I definitely think there would be teams interested.

I think joe would be very appealing to a lot of teams, not saying they should trade him but I definitely think there would be teams interested.

I agree. Not only does he fit in pretty much any system, but he also has a friendly, declining contract. We should not let him go for many, many reasons.