What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

Why do people want fultz? Another injury prone guard that can't shoot... hmmmmm.... we are 5 years into one of those prospects and everyone wants him gone now

The 2nd round doesnt have more talent then undrafted free agents and Non-NBA free agents. It's not close, at least not in the 50's.

No one, including DL, thought Favors was going to be on the roster this year until the 2018 starting lineup resurgence.
Hold up, you're saying that the people that didnt get drafted are better than the people that actually got drafted? Are you a moron?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Why do people want fultz? Another injury prone guard that can't shoot... hmmmmm.... we are 5 years into one of those prospects and everyone wants him gone now
That prospect was never good at basketball. No ****ing talent.

Fultz is talented, he might just be busted. If it doesn't cost any picks, just getting a crack at that is worth it since our cap space is going to be ****ing worthless anyway.

What makes me angry is that DL knows the Jazz need sharp shooters since many seasons, but he took players like Crowder, Thabo, Rubio, Mack, Lyles and so on, that is well known they are not good shooters.

Furthermore, couldn't they trade 2nds they don't care for at the moment for future 2nds instead of pocket change? At least they retain an asset.

You can use those seconds to move up to get guys you like that slipped to early second round as well...

I know there is a low likelihood we find the next Jokic but turning a basketball asset into a cash asset really does not benefit the actual basketball at all. The team has been really profitable. Not saying the millers are evil and pocketing the money... they have been generous and paid for their own stadium upgrades etc... I’m just saying you can’t say we need that money to do other things that do benefit the basketball... those things can get non-draft pick financing.

That prospect was never good at basketball. No ****ing talent.

Fultz is talented, he might just be busted. If it doesn't cost any picks, just getting a crack at that is worth it since our cap space is going to be ****ing worthless anyway.

I wouldn’t acquire him unless him and his agent really told the team what was going on in a direct manner... if there was a motorcycle accident as rumored... then I need to know... if it is the yips then I need to know.

I don’t think the yips have ever been cured... even if they figured it out I’d be terrified to invest in the guy because those things can come back.

Let another team pick up his option... when he flames out then sign him to a cheap flier type deal... that’s about the only way I’d do it.

I wouldn’t acquire him unless him and his agent really told the team what was going on in a direct manner... if there was a motorcycle accident as rumored... then I need to know... if it is the yips then I need to know.

I don’t think the yips have ever been cured... even if they figured it out I’d be terrified to invest in the guy because those things can come back.

Let another team pick up his option... when he flames out then sign him to a cheap flier type deal... that’s about the only way I’d do it.
But what are the Jazz out for trying? This team has no asset or talent pool, and it's cap space is once again going to be relegated to being used for purposes such as this - scavenging.

But what are the Jazz out for trying? This team has no asset or talent pool, and it's cap space is once again going to be relegated to being used for purposes such as this - scavenging.

I think we can net something better... I just think guys like Middleton and Harris are pipe dreams. We will wind up settling for taking Porter into our space or a move like that imo. The one I'm terrified of is DL strikes out and takes Love into our space to have something to point to for all his patience.

Specifically on Fultz I'd be really cautious. The team that knows the most, who invested a lot, and really can wait for him to develop wants to move on. I'm fine with an upside gamble... but that specific one is a no-go for me.

Judging DL before free agency is dumb, since it's been made pretty clear that's when the organization plans to make their moves.

They really like Middleton, and I have a feeling they might know something that we don't. There is already a front office relationship there, remember.

Well, we have
Judging DL before free agency is dumb, since it's been made pretty clear that's when the organization plans to make their moves.

They really like Middleton, and I have a feeling they might know something that we don't. There is already a front office relationship there, remember.

We have been waiting on DL to bring us something via free agency for years. All our "talent" has been acquired via trade (Crowder, Rubio) or the draft. We simply do not sign major difference makers here. Only one year could be claimed as a big free agency year when we got Boozer and Okur. That's it.

If we don't use all these expirings by the deadline, we might as well trade Ingles and Gobert this summer. Very best scenario is getting Mirotic, but I'm not as sold on him as others. I don't think we add Mirotic to this team and all of the sudden we are in the 2nd round of the playoffs. His defense concerns me.

Fultz is the play because he is a risk worth taking. We could add him AND have money for a big free agent if one does happen to be on our radar.

If you were a player and you could stay on a team with a legitimate, perennial chance at the finals and higher chances at making an all-star game, or you could come to a team that will miss the playoffs in the west and is arguably the smallest market in pro-sports, do you really pick the latter?

The cap space approach only made sense if this team was going to be badass and look like they're fun to play for. We have no choice but to wait, but that plan looks like this right now.

titanic-survivors-eyewitness-account.jpg

If he had just taken over as GM I'd agree... he's had cap space before... we waited and bakked cakkk while good players signed good contracts. One such player was Khris Middleton. It is fair to judge him on moves he's done. His tenure is not complete so we can't judge next year's team until the summer... but it is totally fair to judge what we are seeing. It's been 5 years... how has he used his cap space thus far? And we are confident he will land a guy like Middleton even though Milwaukee can offer $50M more... because we hired a guy who was in the front office of his team for a couple years... yeah we totally got this.

If Miami keeps losing, I bet they switch to tanking before long. They are about $6 million over the luxury limit.

Would anybody be interested in Olynyk? I think he would be an upgrade to Favors especially on the offensive end. He is shooting 34% from 3 on 3.4 attempts per game. He would space the floor pretty well for us. I'm also interested in Justise Winslow. He's one of those all purpose type guys who would be even better off the bench. He shot 38% from 3 last year. Still only 22.

I wonder if we could send some combo of Burks, Bradley, Thabo, Bradley and 2nd rounders. Sure we would sacrifice some summer cap space, but we might could get two useful players for 4 not so useful players. Miami could get very close to or under the luxury limit.

Last edited: