What's new

White House Discord: Bob Woodward Book, NYT Op-Ed

you mean an anonymous fake official in Bob's imagination.

The whole Watergate thing, imo, was only run out "with permission" from the Rockefeller managers. Lessee.... back then I was in the Philippines during that election, talking to folks who proved credible that Philippine Pres. Ferdinand Marcos had been financed by the Rockefellers to win his first election. He got pretty big for his britches, pretty fast..... and started snarling and biting the hand that fed him. The media there started running up scandal after scandal, and Marcos declared Martial Law. At that time I was actually in a commie-controlled area, the Huks in central Luzon. They were pretty nice folks, and took me home for supper to explain Philippine history to me, and how American business Bigs had abused their country. These were not hayseed rural hicks, but college-educated and brilliant young folks whose parents WERE the corporate Bigs of the Philippines. University of the Philippines is the premier educational institution there, like Harvard.

When I got here, it was deja vu all over again. Nixon got too big for his britches, too.

But he wouldn't have been taken down if he had done what he was told. The whole problem with Trump is he is really his own damn man.

I might have absorbed some perspective from being a firstline bookkeeper hired to gather receipts and post them in ledgers in a huge sprawling mansion where, allegedly, "Deep Throat" called home. ah, what a career, being a fly on the wall.

At any rate, Woodward and Bernstein are over-rated hacks now. Hillary's crew has gotten out their "Active Measures" now, too. More twisted bias run out in desperation trying to stop the steady progress of unraveling the much more significant scandals coming from Obama's operations in weaponizing the federal agencies, using taxpayer assets to destroy representative democracy from the root up. More than 1000 times the private little burglar crew.....
Whaaa?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

This is not about their agenda. If Trump goes Pence becomes President. Agenda is largely the same. I think the Republican establishment is terrified of the backlash that would come from Trump's base if they were complicit in his ouster.

You’re right. The cabinet members have an agenda.

Paul Ryan and mitch McConnell are afraid of voters gutting them in the primaries.

Rich elitists like the Kochs, Adelsons, and DeVoses want the tax cuts and deregulation.

I do think it’ll be interesting to see what Mueller finds in regards to dirty Russian money. There’s strong evidence from what I’ve seen that Russia has figured out a way to launder dirty money into republican coffers through the NRA.

What a bunch of ****ing cowards. It's pretty cool that the office of the presidency has fallen to what amounts to a coup by Trump's advisors/cabinet.

Whoever wrote that article is more interested in holding onto their own power within the presidency than acting as some kind of resistance.

If they truly belive Trump is unfit for office, and apparently they do, there's a solution called the 25th amendment.

"Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

He/she says "we" enough times in the op-ed to make me wonder if they're having weekly meetings to coordinate the administration of government in the executive branch. In the Situation Room, lol. Meanwhile Republicans in Congress are all deer in the headlights, and Trump's base is behind the wheel, not about to turn the lights off. Sounds like it's time to just have that Constitutional crisis, and get it over with.

Whaaa?

babe goes through more aluminum(foil hats) in a day than the Coca Cola company. If there's not a conspiracy, he'll surely find it.

I do think it’ll be interesting to see what Mueller finds in regards to dirty Russian money. There’s strong evidence from what I’ve seen that Russia has figured out a way to launder dirty money into republican coffers through the NRA.

I've been told he has donnie's tax returns. I'm not sure that's true, but if he's got that, and the records from the Trump Organization, and a guilty plea from a staff member testifying about straw funding, they've got something on the money situation.

Also something to think about; it's been reported Mueller will accept written responses for now, even if he can't ask about collusion. Accepting this could mean that he's enough evidence to properly accuse collusion, but is looking for something else. Maybe conspiracy charges. Which can probably implicate Pence.

I love the cultists on twitter and on this website defending Dump.

It’s pretty simple. Either he has the worst judgment of any president and hired the ********* people.

Or

He really is a ****ing moron (rex tillerson).

Should we really be confirming a justice that he’s nominated at this time?

My only question is, just how much longer before trump and his cult following blame the old punching bag Hillary on all of this? Frankly, I’m surprised that Hillary, Obama, and soros havent been blamed yet for all of these “deep state leaks.”

It's funny this article mentioned Mussolini - I was thinking the other day about all the back-tracking that will take place from Congress on down when this clown finally implodes. I guarantee all these lawmakers who supported or tolerated or at least gave tacit approval of Trump's nonsense will be the first ones to dance on his grave.

It will be 1946 Germany all over again.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/06/politics/elizabeth-warren-25th-amendment/index.html

What are the chances that a top admin official, or even 2-3, come forward and push this?

I can’t imagine the Rs going along. But if the Ds take the House?

Also how would the hard base react? Would we see fighting?

Thoughts?
Imo this is a red herring. The op ed is diverting attention from the Woodward book. It is a gift to the president and the Rs. The talk now is about the "deep state", the cowardice of anonymous, and conspiracy theories, rather than the credible criticism in the Fear book. The op ed piece will not benefit any cabal of sanity within the wh. If anything it will likely push the president to dig in against any voices calling for sanity. This is the kind of thing Bannon would have loved. The Times knows who it is so I don't think it is a plant, but it is a distraction from the real story.