What's new

Who is the Best Guard or Wing We can Get for Walker Kessler?

I wouldn't even think about trading Kessler until you give him a look with a more traditional lineup. Ideally I would trade Olynyk and move Collins to our primary big off the bench and move Ochai to sf and Lauri to the 4. At that point if he still continues to struggle then I start to have a conversation about where he fits in our future.

I would tank first this year as much as we can and see what we got. If we got Sarr or another profile. 5 games still a too small sample to jump into conclusion but we may be bad this year. If it happen, just use it as an opportunity.

Trading a guy that came in a very close third last year in ROY is dumber than foooudge! Led the league in blocked shots per minute last season (and prolly so far this as well).

If we want a shot this season we need to trade Sexton and Clarkson for a bonafide bucket getter like Levine. We need a REAL second scoring option in the worst way. A guy that can create without taking the air out of the ball. A guy with a decent field goal %.

Kessler is a 2nd year player in a slump which normally is no biggie, but this questions is valid becouse of his archtype which doesnt really fit modern basketball. I'm still hoping he develops a jumpshot or some passing. A center needs to be a shooter or a playmaker/hub to really be effective these days.

The most concerning thing is I'm not sensing that Kessler is willing to do either. He seems like a guy who soaks on mistakes, and thats not a good thing for shooter/passer since you are gonna miss and turn it over every now and then and getting over those mistakes becomes a part of what makes you good or bad.

At one point Hardy just must somehow push that stuff to his plate. Otherwise he will stay in the same developmental limbo as Evan Mobley has been for a while now.

Kessler is a 2nd year player in a slump which normally is no biggie, but this questions is valid becouse of his archtype which doesnt really fit modern basketball. I'm still hoping he develops a jumpshot or some passing. A center needs to be a shooter or a playmaker/hub to really be effective these days.

The most concerning thing is I'm not sensing that Kessler is willing to do either. He seems like a guy who soaks on mistakes, and thats not a good thing for shooter/passer since you are gonna miss and turn it over every now and then and getting over those mistakes becomes a part of what makes you good or bad.

At one point Hardy just must somehow push that stuff to his plate. Otherwise he will stay in the same developmental limbo as Evan Mobley has been for a while now.
Trusting the guy to develop as a shooter when he can't even shoot FT's straight, much less make them, is such a wild thing to bet on.

Trading a guy that came in a very close third last year in ROY is dumber than foooudge! Led the league in blocked shots per minute last season (and prolly so far this as well).

If we want a shot this season we need to trade Sexton and Clarkson for a bonafide bucket getter like Levine. We need a REAL second scoring option in the worst way. A guy that can create without taking the air out of the ball. A guy with a decent field goal %.
MCW won ROY once.....

There's a number of players who had great rookie seasons who never amounted to much of anything.

I think Paschall was first team rookie and is now out of the NBA.

Trusting the guy to develop as a shooter when he can't even shoot FT's straight, much less make them, is such a wild thing to bet on.
I'm not betting on anything. Quite the opposite, I want to see stuff put to his plate before making any final calls.

You are the one doing all the bets here by suggesting that we cut bait on a 22 year old guy who was 3rd in ROTY voting.

I'm not betting on anything. Quite the opposite, I want to see stuff put to his plate before making any final calls.

You are the one doing all the bets here by suggesting that we cut bait on a 22 year old guy who was 3rd in ROTY voting.
I mean, sell at high value.

I dont think they have to trade him, but I do think if they go into next year wanting to the best team possible, it will probably be with him off the bench.