What's new

Who is the Best Guard or Wing We can Get for Walker Kessler?

Let's see, 5 games into his 2nd season with a new team mate that plays in essentially the same space. Not sure what you expected but he seems to be about where I'd expect, you know, inconsistent and learning. What did you expect, prime Shaq?

Sounds like more of a you problem than a Kessler problem, tbpfhwy.
No, Walker is what I expected, but I was open to being wrong with how much hype he got from some people.

Why do we need to get rid of him just because he hasn't started the season well? It's not like he has a big contract that's crippling the team and there's no reports of a locker room problem. And even if the non-shooting defense first center player type isn't as useful as it once was, he's the only one of that player type on the team. If we're trading players who haven't started well it should be one of the guards who don't do anything but dribble and brick shots. There are like 4 of them on the team, let's get rid of one of those guys before we get rid of the one shot blocking center on a rookie contract.

Why do we need to get rid of him just because he hasn't started the season well? It's not like he has a big contract that's crippling the team and there's no reports of a locker room problem. And even if the non-shooting defense first center player type isn't as useful as it once was, he's the only one of that player type on the team. If we're trading players who haven't started well it should be one of the guards who don't do anything but dribble and brick shots. There are like 4 of them on the team, let's get rid of one of those guys before we get rid of the one shot blocking center on a rookie contract.
That's not the question. It's nothing about getting rid of him, just who is the best player we could get for him.

Did we ever get any good answers in this thread?

What teams could use a Kessler? Wendell Carter Jr. just went down for at least a couple of weeks. Suggs? Fultz? Black...? How much more valuable are those caliber of players than Kessler?

I’m not looking to trade Kessler, but if I’m being honest I don’t think there are many teams looking to trade for him either.
I'm sure there are at least a handful. He would be pretty easy to trade. You arent getting a huge package for him, but you can probably get solid vets and a draft pick.

I'm sure there are at least a handful. He would be pretty easy to trade. You arent getting a huge package for him, but you can probably get solid vets and a draft pick.

Looking at the list of teams, I’m not I find a handful. Most teams, even some of the crappy teams, have a C. WAS and MEM are the only ones that jump out to me, but I could be missing some.

name names... the reasons you think his upside is limited are similar to the reasons his trade market will be a bit limited. While I am Captain Stockpile Picks... why we moving Kessler for a pick? We have picks.

If you really want to move him for a mid package you do it at draft time if you want to move up or get a pick in the late lotto. His value is much more likely to go up from where he is right now.

Looking at the list of teams, I’m not I find a handful. Most teams, even some of the crappy teams, have a C. WAS and MEM are the only ones that jump out to me, but I could be missing some.
GS would be one that I think would be open to getting some size. I don't think it needs to be a crappy team. I don't see a ton of suitors that would also have interest. A team like the Suns would have interest but no picks. I could see Indy being interested as Turner always seems like he's perpetually available, but maybe not. The two teams you mentioned.

Then there is always a team or two (looking at you Detroit) that just go get a guy and it makes no sense at all. So I'd guess there would be a wildcard team or two.

GS would be one that I think would be open to getting some size. I don't think it needs to be a crappy team. I don't see a ton of suitors that would also have interest. A team like the Suns would have interest but no picks. I could see Indy being interested as Turner always seems like he's perpetually available, but maybe not. The two teams you mentioned.

Then there is always a team or two (looking at you Detroit) that just go get a guy and it makes no sense at all. So I'd guess there would be a wildcard team or two.

I don’t think it needs to be a crappy team, just saying that even some of the bad teams have a C. I would love for DET to pull a wtf but they’ve got a lot of them and Duren is actually great.

GSW is kinda interesting.

name names... the reasons you think his upside is limited are similar to the reasons his trade market will be a bit limited. While I am Captain Stockpile Picks... why we moving Kessler for a pick? We have picks.

If you really want to move him for a mid package you do it at draft time if you want to move up or get a pick in the late lotto. His value is much more likely to go up from where he is right now.
  • Warriors
  • Bulls
  • Wizards
  • Nets
  • Dallas
  • Spurs
  • Grizzlies
  • Thunder
  • Lakers
  • Suns
All could be teams who are interested in Walker.

• Warriors
  • Bulls
  • Wizards
  • Nets
  • Dallas
  • Spurs
  • Grizzlies
  • Thunder
  • Lakers
  • Suns
All could be teams who are interested in Walker.
Of those options the only ones I think would actually be interested and actually have stuff to trade are GS, Memphis, and maybe the Thunder if they want a more traditional option... it does not seem like they do at all. Maybe the Lakers but they got lots of options.

A pick centered GS/Memphis trade doesn't do a whole lot for me personally.

I don’t think it needs to be a crappy team, just saying that even some of the bad teams have a C. I would love for DET to pull a wtf but they’ve got a lot of them and Duren is actually great.

GSW is kinda interesting.
Wasn't specifically thinking Detroit... was just thinking a team that kinda comes out of nowhere like they do for a guy they shouldn't trade for.

Of those options the only ones I think would actually be interested and actually have stuff to trade are GS, Memphis, and maybe the Thunder if they want a more traditional option... it does not seem like they do at all. Maybe the Lakers but they got lots of options.

A pick centered GS/Memphis trade doesn't do a whole lot for me personally.
idk, GSW could be something like Moody/Pick for Walker.

I wouldnt do that trade now, but maybe at the draft if you get Sarr you do something like that.

idk, GSW could be something like Moody/Pick for Walker.

I wouldnt do that trade now, but maybe at the draft if you get Sarr you do something like that.
Basically what I been saying. This conversation is premature as you want to have the replacement in-house already. I might be interested in that if we drafted a different center… if not it’s dumb.

Basically what I been saying. This conversation is premature as you want to have the replacement in-house already. I might be interested in that if we drafted a different center… if not it’s dumb.
Yeah, I'd agree with that last part. I'm not advocating for getting rid of him. Just wondering what his equivalent value at more important positions would be down the line.

I want to reiterate that I'm not pushing to trade Kessler...but it is my duty to throw out the question of if we can get Quickley out of this.

Also, can we use Kessler as a salary dump incentive for buff Miye?

I want to reiterate that I'm not pushing to trade Kessler...but it is my duty to throw out the question of if we can get Quickley out of this.

Also, can we use Kessler as a salary dump incentive for buff Miye?
That's possible. I don't think they love Mitch