What's new

Will Jazz fans kill the Utah Jazz franchise?

I just want to point out - I've pointed this out before - that all the speculation is coming from reporters whose job it is to bolster their station's ratings or paper's readership.

They aggressively pursue the most sensational angle - because it gets people's attention.

Truth is an afterthought, really.

What really credible source has indicated that D-Will was the catalyst?

It doesn't mean it's not true though. Too bad we may never know what happened. Or maybe we do and we just don't know it.

Dont udnerestimate Ty Corbin. How do we know he wont lay down the hammer and bring Deron in line?

Who the hell says Deron is "out of line"? Two days ago 75% of this board was calling for Jerry's instant resignation because he wasn't allowing Deron to play to his full potential, among other things. Now it happens, and the board reacts like this? What a ****ing joke.

I'm not saying it was Deron's fault, as I've yet to see any concrete proof of that. I'm just saying, everyone going on about how Deron is a spoilt baby, running the franchise blah blah blah. Ty Corbin has a big role to play now to lead this franchise, regain the respect of the players that was supposedly lost to Sloan, and get us back to winning ways.

It doesn't mean it's not true though. Too bad we may never know what happened. Or maybe we do and we just don't know it.

I've never asserted that it isn't true. I am in the same boat as everyone else - very little substantive information. But IMO, this is just a witch hunt at this point. If I don't have any good info, why assume the worst? Why not assume that what everyone from the Jazz organization has been saying is true? Why are the media hacks - and their agendas - more credible than the peeps actually involved?

I've never asserted that it isn't true. I am in the same boat as everyone else - very little substantive information. But IMO, this is just a witch hunt at this point. If I don't have any good info, why assume the worst? Why not assume that what everyone from the Jazz organization has been saying is true? Why are the media hacks - and their agendas - more credible than the peeps actually involved?

Who the hell says Deron is "out of line"?

Well, regardless of what else we may or may not know about the situation, it's pretty clear that Deron DID ignore coaching instructions and that he DID have a confrontation with Coach Sloan. I guess that's not really out of line in the modern NBA. Just a young brotha being himself and not letting the Man keep him down.

Because it makes for great controversy and discussion of Jazz fans. That's what us Americans like to do. We like to assume, point fingers, blame, assume the worst because the truth, most of the time, is --well, boring.

Because it makes for great controversy and discussion of Jazz fans. That's what us Americans like to do. We like to assume, point fingers, blame, assume the worst because the truth, most of the time, is --well, boring.

So it's okay to alienate arguably the best player our franchise has seen in the last decade - who may or may not be guilty of the accusations being levied against him, as long as we aren't bored?

*we Americans

Well, regardless of what else we may or may not know about the situation, it's pretty clear that Deron DID ignore coaching instructions and that he DID have a confrontation with Coach Sloan. I guess that's not really out of line in the modern NBA. Just a young brotha being himself and not letting the Man keep him down.

Stock and Malone both owned up multiple times to these same confrontations, so in the long run I guess they had just as much to do with Jerry retiring as Deron did, huh?

If you guys want to buy what the national media is selling--- the same national media who doesn't give one solitary **** about our team unless they can spin garbage like this--- then go for it. Assume the worst. Enjoy your witch hunt. Until that man is off my team or loses the support of his fellow coaches and players, I will scream my lungs out in support.

I'll still be just as strong a Jazz fan as I ever was. Go Corbin. Go Deron. Go Jazz.

So it's okay to alienate arguably the best player our franchise has seen in the last decade - who may or may not be guilty of the accusations being levied against him, as long as we aren't bored?

*we Americans

Is it ok? Sure it is. It happens when you're a public figure. Is it fair? No.

"Us Americans" works for me, guy. I'm a Utahr.

*we Americans
Deron Williams is NOT the Utah Jazz. And while I will take this situation as innocent until proven guilty, if he was the driving force behind this, then I want HIM gone!!

Is it ok? Sure it is. It happens when you're a public figure. Is it fair? No.

I'm not talking about fairness. Guys that make that kind of scratch for playing a playground game should be able to handle it. It goes with the territory.

What I'm saying is, if fans drive away a star player, the franchise suffers. Fans included. More if he's innocent.

I'm not talking about fairness. Guys that make that kind of scratch for playing a playground game should be able to handle it. It goes with the territory.

What I'm saying is, if fans drive away a star player, the franchise suffers. Fans included. More if he's innocent.
That's why I hope everybody just pauses and takes a deep breath first. Let the situation settle down first and don't make rash decisions. But then again, this is America. D'oh!

This is Williams' team now. He owns it warts and all. If he fails this season, fans will be breathing down his neck.

Is it fair? Maybe not - but we knew the second Sloan was out of the picture, things would shift to the guy who has butted heads, at least publicly, with him the most.

That is Williams.

If Utah rebounds and wins and advances up the WC ladder, we'll forgive and forget. Jazz fans are good at forgiving winning stars - just ask Karl Malone.

If, though, the team struggles and actually appears worse and Williams continues to bitch, well it's going to get ugly. Real ugly.

Karl Malone was booed the first home game after he made his "I have played my last game in a Utah Jazz uniform" statement while on Los Angeles radio. By the end of the night, it was over. I expect the same to happen tomorrow night.

People aren't giving Deron the benefit of the doubt because they're afraid. I'm afraid. How could I not be?

Coach of 23 years leaves, along with his COY-winning assistant, abruptly in the middle of the season. This, after signing an extension a few days ago. We all know the relationship between Coach Sloan and Williams has been deteriorating. We know they had a bust up last night. How am I supposed to not draw the connection between the two?

Yeah, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid because player power has grown exponentially in the past decade. I'm afraid because several teams just went through this kind of stuff(or are going through it) and not one has actually kept the player.

I'm afraid because it seems like every good player not playing for the Lakers, Heat, or Celtics wants to leave and go somewhere else.

I'm afraid because I've seen what Cleveland fans are going through.

I'm afraid because the Jazz are not the Knicks and can't afford to be a terrible franchise for a decade.

I'm afraid because I just don't see the passion in Greg Miller's eyes that I saw in his father's.

I'm afraid that in 10 years, there won't be a team in SLC.

It's tough, man. I'm being asked to trust a selfish, spoiled, rich kid that he won't break the hearts of everyone connected with this team.

According to Jazz fans, the 2nd best player on the Jazz is Andrei Kirilenko and the best player off the bench is Gordon Hayward.

Perceptions that the whitest fan base in the NBA have an unintentional streak of racism are totally absurd and without merit.

According to Jazz fans, the 2nd best player on the Jazz is Andrei Kirilenko and the best player off the bench is Gordon Hayward.

Perceptions that the whitest fan base in the NBA have an unintentional streak of racism are totally absurd and without merit.

****ing THIS.

and to answer the OP's question: possibly. Your average Utah Jazz fan is by far the most sheltered, delusional fan in the league. There is a very, very high chance that they turn on D-Will just because of some garbage spewed by Ric Bucher and Chris Broussard.