What's new

Will The Jazz Make Any Significant Trades?

Do The Jazz Make a Significant Trade?

• Total voters
Probably pretty unlikely. But how likely is it that we compete with Lauri/Embiid after we gut our asset base to acquire the latter?

Embiid has been paired with a variety of stars in Philly and they haven't been able to get it done in the playoffs.

It takes loads of superstars a long time to make it all the way (look at Giannis). If you have a chance to get a player of Embiid's caliber, without gutting your team, you go for it.

Probably pretty unlikely. But how likely is it that we compete with Lauri/Embiid after we gut our asset base to acquire the latter?

Embiid has been paired with a variety of stars in Philly and they haven't been able to get it done in the playoffs.
Come on folks - I had to like a YoungJefe post. Talk sense. This isnt about Kessler vs Embiid… it’s the opportunity cost of us spending our assets and still not having a great playmaker / scorer. If we get Embiid for Kessler straight up with no salary considerations we all take it and run.

How likely is it Kessler can become as good as Embiid?
If I’m being honest, it doesn’t matter. The Jazz were a team invested in the wrong places financially with the Gobert/Mitchell pairing and it blew up. They have a great young center at a reasonable price and team control for at least 5+ years. They should focus their limited resources (assets and cap space) on wings and guards.

I’d rather have 22 year old Walker Kessler for the next 5+ years on reasonable contracts, and get a different star instead than spend a crap ton of assets and a huge portion of the salary cap on 29 year old Joel Embiid (with a history of significant injuries) on a max contract.

It takes loads of superstars a long time to make it all the way (look at Giannis). If you have a chance to get a player of Embiid's caliber, without gutting your team, you go for it.
I wouldn't be opposed to it, would just depend on the asking price tbh. Lauri/Embiid is a great duo, you need the right pieces around them to contend though.

If I’m being honest, it doesn’t matter. The Jazz were a team invested in the wrong places financially with the Gobert/Mitchell pairing and it blew up. They have a great young center at a reasonable price and team control for at least 5+ years. They should focus their limited resources (assets and cap space) on wings and guards.

I’d rather have 22 year old Walker Kessler for the next 5+ years on reasonable contracts, and get a different star instead than spend a crap ton of assets and a huge portion of the salary cap on 29 year old Joel Embiid (with a history of significant injuries) on a max contract.

Oh, okay. The Jazz can just go grab another superstar then...

If you get the chance to add a top 5 player to your roster, for the price of one good player and picks, of course you take it.

Can you imagine how ****ing dominant Lauri and Embiid would be together? Plus you have enough assets afterwards to get another star to pair with those two.

Embiid hasn't gone any further in the playoffs than DM and Gobert did, in a weaker conference. Plus the idea of trading for both Embiid and Dame is a pipe dream. It would take every single pick we got from Minnesota and Cleveland plus some of our own for Philadelphia to give up Embiid.

Can you imagine how ****ing dominant Harden and Embiid would be together? Plus you have enough assets afterwards to get another star to pair with those two.
Seems like we have heard this song before.

Embiid hasn't gone any further in the playoffs than DM and Gobert did, in a weaker conference. Plus the idea of trading for both Embiid and Dame is a pipe dream. It would take every single pick we got from Minnesota and Cleveland plus some of our own for Philadelphia to give up Embiid.

Jokic didn’t do anything in the playoffs either until he did. Same goes for Giannis.