What's new

Would you trade ...

Just imagine the Cavs' luxury bill this year and next. So take out Shumpert's $11 million and replace it with Hill's $19 million. They are going to pay Love ($24), Hill ($19), Thompson ($17.5), JR ($15), Korver ($7.5) and Crowder ($7) a combined $90 million next year. That's before LeBron or IT or anybody else. That's more than the entire Bulls roster right now.

I don't think those 6 guys could get to the playoffs without LeBron. Man Cleveland is going all in....

Just imagine the Cavs' luxury bill this year and next. So take out Shumpert's $11 million and replace it with Hill's $19 million. They are going to pay Love ($24), Hill ($19), Thompson ($17.5), JR ($15), Korver ($7.5) and Crowder ($7) a combined $90 million next year. That's before LeBron or IT or anybody else. That's more than the entire Bulls roster right now.

I don't think those 6 guys could get to the playoffs without LeBron. Man Cleveland is going all in....
It will be a yard sale next year and the tank age begins. I am guessing they will never be good again since they are never going to land a Lebron level player again and even if they did they would chase him away since they are not getting a Lebron level player that happens to be from the area and only came back because of that fact. This is the last time you see a Cavs team that has any chance of winning a championship, unless they change owners imo.

It will be a yard sale next year and the tank age begins. I am guessing they will never be good again since they are never going to land a Lebron level player again and even if they did they would chase him away since they are not getting a Lebron level player that happens to be from the area and only came back because of that fact. This is the last time you see a Cavs team that has any chance of winning a championship, unless they change owners imo.

You are probably right. What's crazy is that nobody will be shopping at that yard sale. Maybe for Love, but he'll be an expiring. I guess it's possible that Cleveland turns around and trades Tristan and the Brooklyn pick for DeAndre. Then their salary balloons even higher. If LeBron leaves, he is leaving an absolute mess.

It looks like Kings are after compensation for the trade which seems obvious to me. My guess is that its their own 1st round pick. That means they cant trade the Brooklyn pick since they dont have their own pick next year. Something to keep an eye on for those that think they will trade that pick.

It looks like Kings are after compensation for the trade which seems obvious to me. My guess is that its their own 1st round pick. That means they cant trade the Brooklyn pick since they dont have their own pick next year. Something to keep an eye on for those that think they will trade that pick.

Cleveland would be idiotic to trade a pick in that deal. Hell, they are saving Sacramento $8 million for next year. Sacramento has already been quoted saying they don't need their vets. Cleveland better send a 2nd and tell Sacramento you're welcome.

Cleveland would be idiotic to trade a pick in that deal. Hell, they are saving Sacramento $8 million for next year. Sacramento has already been quoted saying they don't need their vets. Cleveland better send a 2nd and tell Sacramento you're welcome.
Its not like Sac is going to chase much in FA this offseason. They dont really have cap concerns next year. The year after that George Hills deal is only guaranteed for 1 million so its an expiring contract next year. They are definitely the ones doing Cavs a favor. Kings have little to no reason to do the deal unless they get a young player or a pick.

Yeah. Cleveland is dumb if they trade a pick also. Although, that might be what it costs to unload Shumpert.

Think Tristan Thompson is the guy you look to attach a pick to get rid of. That’s the only move that helps lower the Cavs luxury bill.

Its not like Sac is going to chase much in FA this offseason. They dont really have cap concerns next year. The year after that George Hills deal is only guaranteed for 1 million so its an expiring contract next year. They are definitely the ones doing Cavs a favor. Kings have little to no reason to do the deal unless they get a young player or a pick.
Other than the fact that George Hill is already vocally disgruntled and looks the be sitting a lot more if he stays. Sacramento needs to move him. Neither side really has any leverage tbh.

Other than the fact that George Hill is already vocally disgruntled and looks the be sitting a lot more if he stays. Sacramento needs to move him. Neither side really has any leverage tbh.

I mean all they seem to care about is tanking this year and trying to develop some young players. Hill can sit for all they care until a team wants him or he is an expiring contract next year. There are lots of rumors Hill is helping the young players and claims to be happy in that role. I dont completely believe him but I dont think Kings are desperate to dump him nor should they be, unless they get something for his return. Hill had to know the team would suck when he signed with them.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article195805114.html

Shumpert for $11 million is so much better than Hill at $19 million. Sacramento should take the trade as is (Frye, Shumpert and Rose for Hill), and run away laughing.

Shumpert for $11 million is so much better than Hill at $19 million. Sacramento should take the trade as is (Frye, Shumpert and Rose for Hill), and run away laughing.
That’s my thought as well. If anything, I could see a second being attached somewhere. No way I’d put a first round pick into the deal.

Why would they do that?

So they can be below the min salary next year?

They like Hill's leadership and what he teaches the young guys. His contract comes off the books if they want it the next time there is a big free agency in 2019.

They have literally no reason to make that trade unless they get some asset. They dont want to win this year.

It could still be worth it for the Kings for a 2nd but I am guessing they are trying to get the 1st round pick. I am sure they are also trying to find a landing spot for a couple players and which guys they are giving up for nothing.

Not if you are trying to win basketball games... MFers forgot George Hill is still good. Basketball purgatory will wear on good players.

His only issue was availability and he seems to have remedied that. I'd trade Rubio for him in a nano-second. Cleveland's cap situation gonna suck next year either way. Hill will be their starting pg and they gave up guys they can't play in the playoffs for him.

Rumors are they are moving Skal or Richardson... if they are only getting seconds for those guys I'd be all for it.

We might be able to develop those guys and its not like you can evaluate them based on what Sacramento has done for them.

Rumors are they are moving Skal or Richardson... if they are only getting seconds for those guys I'd be all for it.

We might be able to develop those guys and its not like you can evaluate them based on what Sacramento has done for them.

Can we clear a free roster spot and take salary back without giving them any? I dont think we can. I would give up a couple 2nds in a heartbeat for Skal. He would be a solid pickup. I dont really care about Richardson.