What's new

Your top 5 videogames

1: Zelda Ocarina of time : Of course this one is default. Game was so polished and fun. I could even watch someone play it for hours.

2: Final Fantasy 7 : This story though...

3: n64 007 Goldeneye : Many hours spent on killing sprees.

4: Halo Series : from Halo 1 (gamespy 3rd party program to play online) to halo 3 my click and I went undefeated in southern Utah.

5: Secret of Mana : this was a super nintendo 2 player rpg, 4 out of 5 stars for the time it was out.

I could really do like a top 15, a top 5 is hard.

Was that the first GTA mention? I barely got around to playing 5 a month or so ago.....but it was definitely worthy a top 10 spot....well.... At least one of the GTA games has to be up there. 5 and SA were the best to me. 4 was awful. Vice City was good.
I mentioned gtaV

And yes, S.A., vice city, 4, and liberty city (3?) Were all very good as well.

Imo gta is the best series/franchise

It is very difficult to pick just 5, specially that I can't decide between individual games in favorite series. Best I can do:

Dark Souls
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, or XII
Elder Scrolls IV or V
Civilization IV or V
World of Warcraft

1) Zelda, Link to the Past. I enjoyed it more than OoT
2) Chrono Trigger
3) Okami
4) Resident Evil 4
5) Gran Turismo whatever-- I just love the series. I've owned 2-5 (little brother sold the PS3 without my permission right before 6 came out. Waiting on a port for Ps4 now).

With that said, I used to be WAY WAY more into video games than I am now. I probably peaked around age 15-16. I'd buy wii points cards every month, I had 2-3 systems. Gamed nonstop.

I started really following the Jazz in g12, and I started taking my school pretty seriously. I just don't make time for video games anymore. Other than FIFA and NBA, I haven't touched my Wii or PS4 like at all.

It is very difficult to pick just 5, specially that I can't decide between individual games in favorite series. Best I can do:

Dark Souls
Elder Scrolls IV or V
Civilization IV or V
World of Warcraft
I spent countless hours playing ES3, ES4, and Fallout 3. But by the time Skyrim rolled around, I was bored of the formula. Too much of the same thing.

I never got into Civ, I'm not much of an RTS guy. But I've been known to like the occasional turn-based strategy/4x game (Orion 2, GalCiv2).

Never got into Warcraft because I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee. I'd probably like it if I tried it, though.

1) Zelda, Link to the Past. I enjoyed it more than OoT
2) Chrono Trigger
3) Okami
4) Resident Evil 4
5) Gran Turismo whatever-- I just love the series. I've owned 2-5 (little brother sold the PS3 without my permission right before 6 came out. Waiting on a port for Ps4 now).

With that said, I used to be WAY WAY more into video games than I am now. I probably peaked around age 15-16. I'd buy wii points cards every month, I had 2-3 systems. Gamed nonstop.

I started really following the Jazz in g12, and I started taking my school pretty seriously. I just don't make time for video games anymore. Other than FIFA and NBA, I haven't touched my Wii or PS4 like at all.
I've actually never really played any Zelda game except the original on NES. I did buy OoT on 3DS, but couldn't get into it.

Love your middle three choices. Okami is amazing, it's somewhere in my second tier. And RE4 is in my own top 5, easily.

Dark Souls
Elder Scrolls IV or V
Civilization IV or V
World of Warcraft

I've got a 7 year WoW career, at my prime I was top PvP Elemental Shaman in my battle group (several servers combined, estimating over 800,000 players) I would stream my gameplay online on xfire.com at any given time I had over 200 viewers.
Since then I've lost 74lbs.

I never got into Civ, I'm not much of an RTS guy. But I've been known to like the occasional turn-based strategy/4x game (Orion 2, GalCiv2).

Woah. I totally forgot about PC games. I had Civ II and Starcraft on my Mac (the ol iMac which I hated, cuz rarely did game developers ever port video games to Mac. Loved them both.

Never got into Warcraft because I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee. I'd probably like it if I tried it, though.

Same.

I've actually never really played any Zelda game except the original on NES. I did buy OoT on 3DS, but couldn't get into it.

You've got a Wii, don't you? Just buy a Wii Points card, and buy Majora's Mask + Zelda Link to the Past with it (presuming you have a GameCube controller lying around).

Majora's mask isn't as universally loved, but it's unique in it's own way. I think LOTP is a perfect 16bit game. I still prefer 2D over 3D lots of times.

Love your middle three choices. Okami is amazing, it's somewhere in my second tier. And RE4 is in my own top 5, easily.

I got Okami for my Wii when I heard you discussing it around 3 years ago on these very forums. So I owe you (I always read through your posts, whether the discussion is video games, or philosophical in nature).

Was that the first GTA mention? I barely got around to playing 5 a month or so ago.....but it was definitely worthy a top 10 spot....well.... At least one of the GTA games has to be up there. 5 and SA were the best to me. 4 was awful. Vice City was good.
I would take the first GTA above all. Awesome game that took a lifetime from me to enjoy.

I've got a 7 year WoW career, at my prime I was top PvP Elemental Shaman in my battle group (several servers combined, estimating over 800,000 players) I would stream my gameplay online on xfire.com at any given time I had over 200 viewers.
Since then I've lost 74lbs.

I played the game for 5 years. My main was a Resto Shaman, and I was very much into PvP. I once managed to earn the Duelist title in 2v2 teaming with a Hunter. I stopped playing a few months into Cataclysm.

But yeah, lots of good memories in WoW.

I spent countless hours playing ES3, ES4, and Fallout 3. But by the time Skyrim rolled around, I was bored of the formula. Too much of the same thing.

I never played ES III, but to be honest, I'm hoping ES VI makes fundamental changes to the formula if I'm to play it.

I don't typically play RTS, but I did love the old Command and Conquer games. 4x is probably my favorite overall genre. I loved GalCiv 2 and I'm looking forward to the upcoming sequel.

Looking at other people's responses, there seems to be a general preference for older games. Maybe it's because I'm just about the least sentimental guy you'll meet, but I think games have been steadily improving. :)

Did anyone ever play Champions of Norath? That's the most fun I've had playing a rpg action multiplayer game sinve diablo II

You've got a Wii, don't you? Just buy a Wii Points card, and buy Majora's Mask + Zelda Link to the Past with it (presuming you have a GameCube controller lying around).

Majora's mask isn't as universally loved, but it's unique in it's own way. I think LOTP is a perfect 16bit game. I still prefer 2D over 3D lots of times.

I got Okami for my Wii when I heard you discussing it around 3 years ago on these very forums. So I owe you (I always read through your posts, whether the discussion is video games, or philosophical in nature).

Nice to know I convinced someone to get Okami. My favorite game critic, Keza Macdonald, called it "the only game in history to out-Zelda the Zelda series."

I really should play more Zelda games. I own Twilight Princess, OoT, and Majora's Mask, but I've never actually played them! Oh, my ever-growing backlog...

Also, Chrono Cross does not have the best soundtrack ever. That would be Mega Man 2. If you say otherwise, well, you're just plain wrong. ;) And hey, what about Journey?
The Chrono Cross soundtrack is a merciful god, and forgives you your heresy.

However, I'm not sure the vengeful videogame gods will forgive me for forgetting to put SSX 3 and Dark Souls on my honorable mentions. :(

I am going to start playing the revamped version of XCOM. Pretty excited tbh.

I am going to start playing the revamped version of XCOM. Pretty excited tbh.

I have my criticisms but it's a pretty good game.

Sad that, imho, the old game is far more sophisticated in pretty much every way other than graphics quality.