What's new

2021 Free Agency

Remember this moment. Scroll through these comments when you want to be reminded why we need to maximize our assets.

It was absolutely idiotic to use so many assets to shed Ed Davis, Tony Bradley, etc last summer.

I'm still upset that we lost a 1st just days ago so we could shed Favors. So flapping stupid now that you see that Favors' contract wasn't really all that bad compared to spending on FA Day 1. All to save money?

And yes, the Mike Conley trade was downright stupid. We bid against ourselves. We gave up a decent bench player in a rookie deal and a fantastic 3&D guy who wanted to be here. And 2 1st rounders. AND all financial flexibility. We ended up wasting the last two years of Don's rookie contract on a guy who has been exactly what we thought he was - good dude, injury prone, not a championship pillar, and a bad fit next to Don.

Why do free agents pause on coming here? Maybe ask Favors. Or ask Crowder. Or ask Millsap. Wes Matthews. We suck at moves on the margins. We don't even try to make moves for young guys. Ever.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Not upset about OBJ, I had major concerns about his injuries history. I would take Paschall and get Frankie Smoke and call it a day. I would not bring back Niang at any costs. Jazz fans always want the supermodel and when she goes off on someone else they try to convince them that their old girlfriend is just as hot. No Milsap, Niang or any other washed up Jazz player. Time will tell if the Jazz have improved. I think Doka can at least replace Favors production and even surpass it. I would sign Winslow to a minimum contract to see if we can reignite his career. Call it a day. Hope that Butler or Hughes are ready to play.

Last edited:
Any chance Kelly Oubre takes a 1 year deal for what we can offer? I would rather sign and trade for him than Paschall if that is also a possibility. He had a bit of a down year but he is still 25 and can play great defense at 4 positions. I dont think Paschall is much of a defender, he isnt a shooter, and he isnt a rebounder. What does he really offer us? Whoever we lose for a trade I think makes us worse off.

I would definitely be interested in Either Markkanen or Collins in sign and trades but I think those are not possible. Either could play a little 4 and little backup 5.

I also would have some interest in Derozan for cheap. He would make someone tradeable. I dont like his shooting or defense, but he hustles can create his own shot and passes well. Plus is a solid veteran.

Winslow and Stanley Johnson could be a development project for min.

Remember this moment. Scroll through these comments when you want to be reminded why we need to maximize our assets.

It was absolutely idiotic to use so many assets to shed Ed Davis, Tony Bradley, etc last summer.

I'm still upset that we lost a 1st just days ago so we could shed Favors. So flapping stupid now that you see that Favors' contract wasn't really all that bad compared to spending on FA Day 1. All to save money?

And yes, the Mike Conley trade was downright stupid. We bid against ourselves. We gave up a decent bench player in a rookie deal and a fantastic 3&D guy who wanted to be here. And 2 1st rounders. AND all financial flexibility. We ended up wasting the last two years of Don's rookie contract on a guy who has been exactly what we thought he was - good dude, injury prone, not a championship pillar, and a bad fit next to Don.

Why do free agents pause on coming here? Maybe ask Favors. Or ask Crowder. Or ask Millsap. Wes Matthews. We suck at moves on the margins. We don't even try to make moves for young guys. Ever.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jesus Christ STFU already

There we have it then. Trade Ingles for Paschall & Oubre, sign Jock Landale & maybe one other minimum guy hoping to find something (Tyler Dorsey, Abdel Nadar, Justice Winslow, etc.)

G) Mike Conley, Jared Butler, Trent Forrest
G) Donovan Mitchell, Jordan Clarkson, Miye Oni
F) Royce O'neale, Kelly Oubre, Elijah Hughes
F) Bojoan Bogdonovanic, Eric Paschall, Jarrell Brantley
C) Rudy Gobert, Jock Landale, Udoka Azubuike

Working against them is the financial climate and an owner who seems to have finally bumped his head against his financial ceiling. The Warriors may not use all of their available tools because they have a stiff repeater tax anchoring every dollar.

If Jazz forward Joe Ingles is indeed available for trade, sources say the Warriors do have interest — just no good way to get him. Ingles, approaching 34, fits the Warriors’ need for a veteran and another offensive playmaker. His passing would fit perfectly with the Warriors. He can run point forward and spot up off the ball, making him viable with the starters and the second unit. He’s got 45 playoff games under his belt. He shot a career-best 45.1 percent from 3 on a career-high 6.1 attempts per game — his third season at 44 percent or above. He’s also reputed for being a great guy and would add to the culture of the locker room.

But acquiring his $13 million expiring contract is difficult. The Warriors would have to send out $10.4 million in salary to make the deal work. The contracts of forwards Eric Paschall and Kevon Looney leave them about $3.4 million short. The Warriors would have to sign rookie Moses Moody, wait 30 days until he’s eligible to be traded, and then throw him in an offer with Paschall and Looney. That is quite a bit to offer up for Ingles, who could end up a one-year rental. The most viable option to get Ingles is to see where Oubre Jr. signs and try to convert it into a sign-and-trade. In that scenario, the Warriors would get a traded player exception in exchange for Oubre and they could use that exception to get Ingles, if he is available. But that’s adding $13 million (plus the repeater tax) to what is already the league’s highest payroll. Ingles is good, but is he good enough for Lacob to stomach the added cost? The Warriors could keep the TPE for potential use later, but the same question would come up.

Why would the Jazz go along with at trade that involves a TPE from the Warrior's side? We would get no players back, so it would just be picks? What good is that if we're trying to win now? We're making the Warriors better, whilst getting worse ourselves.

The only thing it would do would be to put us under the luxury tax. Definitely not a win now move.

Trading Ingles to GSW is just gross unless it’s a godfather offer involving Moody or Kuminga. Not doing anything with them that doesn’t involve those two. Period. Not worth not getting to see Ingles retire in a Jazz uniform, and not worth making GSW a real title contender.

Would much rather trade Ingles to one of the allegedly interested eastern conference teams if we must trade him.

If Don is insisting on Paschal, just send them a second round pick and use a TPE. Don’t think Paschal moves the needle for us so I would not give up anything big.

Trading Ingles to GSW is just gross unless it’s a godfather offer involving Moody or Kuminga. Not doing anything with them that doesn’t involve those two. Period. Not worth not getting to see Ingles retire in a Jazz uniform, and not worth making GSW a real title contender.

Would much rather trade Ingles to one of the allegedly interested eastern conference teams if we must trade him.
We’ve gotta get a serious prospect or player back. No point in setting everything up for a title run, then ditching one of our most integral players for a dice roll.