What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

You may very well be right. I live in Arizona and watched a lot of Wildcats games this year. Not overly impressed with any of the players but Mathurin’s stats are pretty good. Better than what I would have guessed.
I am not sure on him but based on stats and YouTube analysis he’s a good prospect. College basketball is different sport and so much depends on how these guys work and what environments they land in. Hell look at Wiggins… withwolves he’s an empty stat guy… GS he’s a three and D guy that operates as a good secondary scorer. Bet against whatever guy Sacramento takes.

I am not sure on him but based on stats and YouTube analysis he’s a good prospect. College basketball is different sport and so much depends on how these guys work and what environments they land in. Hell look at Wiggins… withwolves he’s an empty stat guy… GS he’s a three and D guy that operates as a good secondary scorer. Bet against whatever guy Sacramento takes.

Wiggins and Horford are both washed.. you know this.

Mathurin has the same statistical profile as Ivey. As close as you can get….but I see a much more natural transition to the pros with his size and his shot has way better indicators. Wiggins isn’t a bad comp. He’ll probably be a bad/average shot creator…only his very high end outcomes result in him being a true wing scorer, but he still has that potential. If it doesn’t work out, he very easily fits into the most valuable role in the league. Can’t get enough 6’6 athletic guys who can shoot. Same tier of prospect of Ivey….but when it’s close I’m siding with the guy with a more promising jumper.

Mathurin has the same statistical profile as Ivey. As close as you can get….but I see a much more natural transition to the pros with his size and his shot has way better indicators. Wiggins isn’t a bad comp. He’ll probably be a bad/average shot creator…only his very high end outcomes result in him being a true wing scorer, but he still has that potential. If it doesn’t work out, he very easily fits into the most valuable role in the league. Can’t get enough 6’6 athletic guys who can shoot. Same tier of prospect of Ivey….but when it’s close I’m siding with the guy with a more promising jumper.
I like him... tics a lot of boxes... shot and physical profile. I think there is some edge there and in interviews his rough upbringing has been mentioned (I have no details but get the feeling it was a struggle) and he has that "look I can't fail" type of attitude. I like that with these guys for a number of reasons. It isn't always going to work out, for example Ben Mclemore had a rough upbringing and I always rooted for him because of some of the stories you hear, but I think when guys have that edge it really helps them.

I think he ends up late first. I like him a lot. If I had to bet on a couple guys from 25-40 being at very least solid rotation players - I think LaRavia and Moore would be my bets.
Moore is one of the most underrated players in the class. Won't ever be a star but he's someone that will have a long NBA career.

6'6" 217 with a 7'0" wingspan and was Duke's primary ball handler/best perimeter defender last season. He's also a guy that has been through adversity after a disappointing start to his college career. One of the few players you'll see that saw a major leap in both production and efficiency at the same time from one year to the next.

Moore is one of the most underrated players in the class. Won't ever be a star but he's someone that will have a long NBA career.

6'6" 217 with a 7'0" wingspan and was Duke's primary ball handler/best perimeter defender last season. He's also a guy that has been through adversity after a disappointing start to his college career. One of the few players you'll see that saw a major leap in both production and efficiency at the same time from one year to the next.
I'm afraid to throw this comp out there because he is the goat... but I think he might turn into an Ingles type. He may just be a three and D guy that doesn't suck at dribbling and passing.

Considering how limited Mathurin is off the dribble right now, I don't see how he can be compared to Ivey. Very different players, imo. Ivey should be a solid on-ball creator with an extraordinary ability to beat defenders and break the paint--e.g., John Wall.

He worked out for Charlotte… so I think he’s really sliding… no smoke screens needed.
Sharpe has worked out with 10 teams. I know he has gotten a lot of love from the draft media/internet but he's a mystery prospect, NBA scouts literally have never seen him play a game live in person.

Kevin O’Connor’s new mock is out this morning.

Murray at 4
Ivey at 5
Sharpe at 6
Daniels at 7
Mathurin at 8

Kevin O’Connor’s new mock is out this morning.

Murray at 4
Ivey at 5
Sharpe at 6
Daniels at 7
Mathurin at 8
I may end up really wrong, but I am not a believer in Murray. He seems way too vanilla. I would take the other 4 before him.

I really love this draft from the late lottery to the end of the 1st round. Tons of wings, big guards, and forwards that can D up, move the ball, and shoot. It's increasingly feeling like we're not going to have a pick after all, but would really dig any of Eason, Liddell, Agbaji, Moore, Jalen Williams, Laravia, Braun, or Kendall Brown.