What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Green Room Invitees:
Jabari Smith
Chet Holmgren
Paolo Banchero
Jaden Ivey
Keegan Murray
Shaedon Sharpe
Dyson Daniels
Ben Mathurin
AJ Griffin
Jalen Duren
Johnny Davis
Ousmane Dieng
Jeremy Sochan
Ochai Agbaji
Mark Williams
Malaki Branham
Tari Eason
TyTy Washington
Jalen Williams
Marjon Beauchamp

Last edited:
How are you trading into the top 8 to get Mathurin?

If the Jazz were to trade Gobert, they might be able to turn around a trade a player from that deal for Portland's #7 pick. However, I'm not sure if this would be a priority. For example, if the Jazz acquired OG Anunoby or John Collins, they'd probably just keep that player rather than trade him for a draft pick.

2nd round guys that intrigue me:

• Wendell Moore | GF | Duke
• John Butler | FC | Gonzaga
• Christian Koloko | C | Arizona
• Jean Montero | PG | OTE

I'd add the Italian kid Procida, Alondes Williams from Wake, and Trevor Keels from Duke. Some people seem to like Josh Minott's potential, but I haven't watched him much.

I'd add the Italian kid Procida, Alondes Williams from Wake, and Trevor Keels from Duke. Some people seem to like Josh Minott's potential, but I haven't watched him much.
As a Duke fan I'm not really a fan of Keels as an NBA prospect.

Have you seen any John Butler? He's intriguing.

7'0" 175 with a 7'3" wingspan, played primarily on the perimeter and was in the 86th percentile in spot up shooting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1XMi7u7gQ

2nd round guys that intrigue me:

• Wendell Moore | GF | Duke
• John Butler | FC | Gonzaga
• Christian Koloko | C | Arizona
• Jean Montero | PG | OTE
I don't see how Wendell Moore isn't at least a 4th/5th wing rotation type. Shoots, defends, has decent length and athleticism, and also played some point during the season. I think he's actually a high floor, decent ceiling and is slept on a bit. Think he is going to be in the tier of Dhillon Brooks, Josh Hart type of wing... not that those are player comps... just the level of player I think he could be.