What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Moore is one of the most underrated players in the class. Won't ever be a star but he's someone that will have a long NBA career.

6'6" 217 with a 7'0" wingspan and was Duke's primary ball handler/best perimeter defender last season. He's also a guy that has been through adversity after a disappointing start to his college career. One of the few players you'll see that saw a major leap in both production and efficiency at the same time from one year to the next.

If there's a big guard in this draft who gets picked in the late 1st or early 2nd round, but then goes on to have a big two-way impact and play both on and off the ball (a bit like Desmond Bane), I think Moore could be that guy. He has at least fringe starter potential.

Last edited:
I may end up really wrong, but I am not a believer in Murray. He seems way too vanilla. I would take the other 4 before him.

I think he's a complementary scorer, functionally similar to a Harrison Barnes or a TJ Warren. He's a bit smoother off the dribble than Barnes though, imo. He can average maybe 17/6/3 and have some big nights.

At this point, I think my Top 25 Big Board would look like this ---
Banchero​
Smith​
Ivey​
Holmgren​
Sharpe​
Murray​
Daniels​
Duren​
Hardy​
Eason​
Sochan​
J. Williams​
M. Williams​
Jovic​
Dieng​
Davis​
Terry​
Griffin​
Agbaji​
Liddell​
Brown​
Washington​
Moore​
Procida​
Braun​

If there's a big guard in this draft who gets picked in the late 1st or early 2nd round, but then goes on to have a big two-way impact and play both on and off the ball (a bit like Desmond Bane), I think Moore could be that guy. He has at least fringe starter potential.
He reminds me of a watered down Iggy.

My big board would look like:
1. Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue
2. Jabari Smith | F | Auburn
3. AJ Griffin | GF | Duke
4. Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga
5. Paolo Banchero | F | Duke
6. Shaedon Sharpe | GF | Kentucky
7. Dyson Daniels | GF | G-League
8. Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor
9. Jalen Duren | C | Memphis
10. Keegan Murray | F | Iowa
11. Ousmane Dieng | GF | New Zealand
12. Jalen Williams | GF | Santa Clara
13. Mark Williams | C | Duke
14. Malaki Banham | GF | Ohio State
15. Johnny Davis | CG | Wisconsin

I have very little interest in the draft this year since we don’t have a pick. So no obsessive checking of mock drafts and youtube videos this time. Based on 15 minutes of doing that today, if we do end up with a decent pick in a trade my guy is Jeremy Sochan. Great size, great defender, good playmaker. Shooting stats don’t look great, but his form is decent. Seems like a good dude too. My completely uninformed opinion is that he has the potential to be something special.

My big board would look like:
1. Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue
2. Jabari Smith | F | Auburn
3. AJ Griffin | GF | Duke
4. Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga
5. Paolo Banchero | F | Duke
6. Shaedon Sharpe | GF | Kentucky
7. Dyson Daniels | GF | G-League
8. Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor
9. Jalen Duren | C | Memphis
10. Keegan Murray | F | Iowa
11. Ousmane Dieng | GF | New Zealand
12. Jalen Williams | GF | Santa Clara
13. Mark Williams | C | Duke
14. Malaki Banham | GF | Ohio State
15. Johnny Davis | CG | Wisconsin
But Jaden Ivey is a “small guard”.

I called Coby White who's 6'3 with a 6'4" wingspan a small guard, lol. Ivey is 6'4 with a 6'9 wingspan...
You said he and Ayo are small guards. They are not small guards, and quibbling about fractions of an inch is ****ing dumb, dude. “lol”

I am not a White stan but he is basically 6’ 5” on a basketball court. If he was 6’ 4” (the size you originally said he was) on a basketball court he would still be a big guard. Now he’s 6’ 3”. If we keep having this back and forth he’s gonna be shorter than Conley. “lol”

Last edited:
You said he and Ayo are small guards. They are not small guards, and quibbling about fractions of an inch is ****ing dumb, dude. “lol”

I am not a White Stan but he is basically 6’ 5” on a basketball court. If he was 6’ 4” (the size you originally said he was) on a basketball court he would still be a big guard. Now he’s 6’ 3”. If we keep having this back and forth he’s gonna be shorter than Conley. “lol”
6’ 4” is apparently tall enough to qualify Jaden Ivey as your #1 pick in the entire draft but short enough to qualify as being a short guard not worth a single damn.

“lol”

I am not a White stan but he is basically 6’ 5” on a basketball court. If he was 6’ 4” (the size you originally said he was) on a basketball court he would still be a big guard. Now he’s 6’ 3”. If we keep having this back and forth he’s gonna be shorter than Conley. “lol”
You're familiar with wingspan, correct? Coby at 6'4 with a 6'4 wingspan and slight frame is a small guard. Ivey at 6'4 with a 6'9 wingspan and a developed frame is not small. Ayo isn't small and I'd like him back but I'm not a fan of White.

You're familiar with wingspan, correct? Coby at 6'4 with a 6'4 wingspan and slight frame is a small guard. Ivey at 6'4 with a 6'9 wingspan and a developed frame is not small. Ayo isn't small and I'd like him back but I'm not a fan of White.
Coby White isn’t a small guard. I know you’re dying to not backpedal but tying yourself into a pretzel is comical.

I’m done. Have fun.