What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

See this is where the different opinions on Ochai deviate. How the hell is he not 10x more valuable than what Lyles was when we threw him into the Mitchell trade? He had shown nothing at all at that point. Ochai is one year in and already a playable 3 and D guy. Ochai is not untouchable at all, but valuing him the same as Lyles back then is crazy to me. Which is why people pushback to him being some throw in to move up a couple spots in the late lottery.

See this is where the different opinions on Ochai deviate. How the hell is he not 10x more valuable than what Lyles was when we threw him into the Mitchell trade? He had shown nothing at all at that point. Ochai is one year in and already a playable 3 and D guy. Ochai is not untouchable at all, but valuing him the same as Lyles back then is crazy to me. Which is why people pushback to him being some throw in to move up a couple spots in the late lottery.
Once you get into the draft itself I get trading guys to move up, but it doesn't make a lot of sense in a vacuum. If it's the difference between getting a guy you think can be a star and not, hard to be too upset about it.

The easiest way to explain the appeal of Black is that he makes an undersized scorer, the one high level asset that is not impossible to obtain, playable. He's not a star all on his own, but he unlocks options that would not be available without him.

Players like Black, or more importantly a Black who lives up to his promise, are conversely very difficult to find and are worth reaching for if you become convinced that is who he is.

I'd be very, very surprised if he falls past Washington.

The easiest way to explain the appeal of Black is that he makes an undersized scorer, the one high level asset that is not impossible to obtain, playable. He's not a star all on his own, but he unlocks options that would not be available without him.

Players like Black, or more importantly a Black who lives up to his promise, are conversely very difficult to find and are worth reaching for if you become convinced that is who he is.

I'd be very, very surprised if he falls past Washington.
Nope

I don't know much about Ish, but I feel like 20 years from now he is one of those backup type players that will be a successful NBA head coach.

Ish Smith has been traded 7 times and been on 13 different teams lol.

Of all the players in this draft, Keyonte is probably the most likely to drill 28-ft 3s off the bounce. There's value in that. He can self-create at three levels. At the end of the day, it's a game about getting buckets, and Keyonte can create looks.
I like that George is someone that doesn't need someone else to get him open looks.