What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

I gotta give some credit. I have been watching for DM to fail, but he deferred. There were a good amount of typical low percentage 2s without a pass, but he deferred and assisted on some key plays.

I remember when I knew DM was money down the stretch, especially in the playoffs.

Another thought, I didn't really see another gear from the Jazz today. Did anybody else?

@Handlogten’s Heros I know people gave you a hard time for thinking Dinwiddie and Brunson could combine for 55-60 points.

They almost broke 50 but not quite and it only took them 39 total shots and 22 total free throws combined.
And I don’t think they can average it… but can they get there one time this series with Luka out? If Dinwiddie is hitting his pull-ups he is tough to guard. They can get there.

I watched bogey get body slammed on a layup after calling 10 touch fouls so please don’t tell me what I know. Just go look at the season averages and tell me something wasn’t off.

Yeah I hate victim mentality. Bogey was was probably fouled but it was not that lopsided. It is just fan bias.

Last edited:
And I don’t think they can average it… but can they get there one time this series with Luka out? If Dinwiddie is hitting his pull-ups he is tough to guard. They can get there.

They really can they both shot it super poorly today. Some of that is bad shot selection but still they’re getting a ton of usage.

Good game.
As an NBA fan I am just looking for some good ball and close game. Got that today.

We all know Jazz would have been smoked if Luka and Haraway were available. I can't figure Jazz out. Very talented team, but it seems they could lose every game they are in. A win is really a surprise.

The odd moment of clarity? Having a good day or have they changed your meds?

Go back and watch the Royce 3. The ref standing right by him didn't confirm it as a 3. There was some definite f****** going on. The ref started looking around.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

If I was the Mavs I'd be so pissed at the officials.

It was a good win. I don't think it really inspires much confidence, though, which sucks since being up 1-0 and stealing home court should.

We'll see what happens with Luka but if anything, this gives Utah a cushion. Now they can't get complacent for game two, especially if Luka still sits. Going up 2-0 doesn't much guarantee the series but it'll make it difficult for the Mavs and give the Jazz some wiggle room heading back to Salt Lake.

Yeah I hate victim mentality. Bogey was was probably fouled but it was not that lopsided. It is just fab bias.
Most of the time it is… it was bad tonight. First half was a blood bath… didn’t think it was bad cuz it was consistent. 4th quarter was a comedy.

We won so whatevs… but their “comeback” was partly because they got every call in the fourth.

At work so I didn’t watch the game. Can someone sum up this game for me and did Mitchell shoot the ball every time he touched it? And what’s the deal with Gobert only shooting one shot?