What's new

Destruction of a Nation 101

Pretty sure I gave money for a gift for your kid.

Glad to see you didn't view that as a positive interaction. Thanks fish!

You missed the obvious hyperbole in my post. “Never ever” was hyperbole. The majority of my interactions with you suck.

I didn’t block you for that. I have had you ignored for a long long time because I never ever have a positive interaction with you. I had just chose to read your ignored posts in this thread and then respond. I quickly realized that was a mistake.

As a general rule, if you don't want to learn anything from other people, you could just block everyone. Even people you might like will sometimes say something you won't understand. And why bother, really........

So Trump pretty much backed down on his steel tariffs, exempting practically anyone of consequence. Will he back down on this as well? Or will we see an escalating trade war between the US and China?

So Trump pretty much backed down on his steel tariffs, exempting practically anyone of consequence. Will he back down on this as well? Or will we see an escalating trade war between the US and China?

Just like most of Trump's decisions, it will be based upon whether it benefits him personally.

He does point out quite a bizarre paradox. The Trump presidency has been one of the strangest experiences of my lifetime. He goes about things in ways that seem so wrong, and he stirs up such constant chaos and anger, yet somehow he continues to be incredibly effective in getting things done.

Does Trump control the stock market? He is solely responsible for is ups and downs?

Just like most of Trump's decisions, it will be based upon whether it benefits him personally.
Is this true? I would like to understand how Trump makes his decisions as much as the next person. Seems to me that he loves chaos.
Does Trump control the stock market? He is solely responsible for is ups and downs?
It depends on who you ask. Fox seems to give his some credit for the ups. CNN and MSNBC definitely give him credit for the downs.

I wish. Establishment politics are very pro-rich, and would benefit him greatly. He's actually distancing himself from the establishment, firing the few remaining voices of reason in his administration
(Tillerson), and replacing them with ****ing nationalists and neocons, like Bolton becoming the secretary of state. He's actually trying to follow thru on the ****ed up promises he made in the campaign, and I'm starting to think he meant everything he campaigned on.

I've actually avoided being too critical of Trump, and I have not participated in the numerous debates bashing/defending him. I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt, figuring that he's some stupid entertainer, who will learn on the job and moderate his position over time. I don't think that's happening. And I don't like the path the country is being dragged onto.

By benefits him personally, I wasn't only talking about money. He thrives on attention (positive and negative). He also believes he is the smartest man in the room and doesn't want to take advice from those who even slightly disagree with him, no matter their qualifications. His decisions are based on his psychological needs.

He is trying to fulfill his campaign promises, because those are the things that got him all the cheers and love from his base. He wants more of that.

Nah, ol fella, this move was planned all along. Trump knows we gotta do somethin bout the Chinese but this is about showin Canada and Mexico that he's serious about NAFTA renegotiations.

You ever play poker? Trump is playin 3 cards and 15 hands ahead and he's holdin the largest chip stack at the table. If Mexico and Canada call his bluff he can rescind that exemption. That's what they call a Trump card.

Nah, ol fella, this move was planned all along. Trump knows we gotta do somethin bout the Chinese but this is about showin Canada and Mexico that he's serious about NAFTA renegotiations.

You ever play poker? Trump is playin 3 cards and 15 hands ahead and he's holdin the largest chip stack at the table. If Mexico and Canada call his bluff he can rescind that exemption. That's what they call a Trump card.

You don’t know how to play poker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can't play hands ahead. That's just stupid.
I'll sort of disagree, you can show a bluff in a certain situation, or fold a strong hand that maybe you shouldn't have, so that your opponent might overplay in a similar situation later when the stakes are higher.

Most people don't play cash games so they don't use playing slow and tight to set up fast and loose bluffs plus getting lucky on flops that nobody would put you on so you can take a huge pot.

Playing the ringer, losing small pots you know you shouldn't call so people will start pushing you with bigger bets.

Plenty of strategies that take a while to set up.

Trump probably cant even spell poker. Probably spells it poke her.

Most people don't play cash games so they don't use playing slow and tight to set up fast and loose bluffs plus getting lucky on flops that nobody would put you on so you can take a huge pot.

Playing the ringer, losing small pots you know you shouldn't call so people will start pushing you with bigger bets.

Plenty of strategies that take a while to set up.

The voice in my head reads this with a lisp.

If you think Trump is deploying this amazing strategy above, then I'll say it again. You don't know how to play poker.

Trump is ****ing stupid. Master manipulator, conman, and liar. But ****ing stupid.

The voice in my head reads this with a lisp.

If you think Trump is deploying this amazing strategy above, then I'll say it again. You don't know how to play poker.

Trump is ****ing stupid. Master manipulator, conman, and liar. But ****ing stupid.

Rabbid Trump hate brain turnoff noted.

If you don't think Trump ith thinking 15 thteps ahead or that trade imbalances can go on forever then your lithp thayth everything.

I didn't say it is amazing or endorse anything; only telling what his game plan likely is.

Rabbid Trump hate brain turnoff noted.

If you don't think Trump ith thinking 15 thteps ahead or that trade imbalances can go on forever then your lithp thayth everything.

I didn't say it is amazing or endorse anything; only telling what his game plan likely is.

Welcome back franklin.