What's new

Donovan Mitchell Highlight Videos, Spectacular Plays

In the debate over the best PG of all time there are really 4 tiers...and the first tier is exactly 2 names, although the order varies depending on who is talking: Magic Johnson and John Stockton. Tier 2 you get into guys like Isaiah Thomas (the first one), Steve Nash, Oscar Robertson, Jason Kidd, Steph Curry, could argue that Westbrook belongs here too after his last season and a half, etc. Tier 3 are the solid guys you would want to build around but not necessarily among the best of the best ever, like Chauncy Billups, Cousy, Frazier, Dennis Johnson, etc. You could further stratify this on down, but from here down the arguments get wide and varied, but the top 10 generally are set. If "all" we get out of Mitchell is a top 20 PG, even if he falls in the subjective 15-20 range, then holy hell what a steal. I think he has a chance to climb into the rarified air, but only time will tell.

Right now to me his ceiling is probably Westbrook-ish, seems to have a similar game and I think he will be one of these guys that can average 20+ PPG, 5+ RPG and APG, 2 steals or similar. His floor, barring his rookie year being just a flash in the pan or injuries, is probably on the order of Wall or Arenas or Kevin Johnson. Not that I think his game is like any of theirs particularly but rather just his overall level of talent and ability would fall in that range on the low end.
I feel a lack of gary payton in this post.

Every interview from this kid is a highlight as well. I’ve never liked an athlete as much as DM as the person he is, beyond his play....and yet again he laments in this podcast he is very happy to be in a Jazz uniform. So long as this organization treats him right when it’s contract time and they move towards winning, I have confidence he will be here for a long time and is nothing like Hayward. Hope the Jazz can make some decent moves before the trade deadline, have a decent first round draft, and get moving towards keeping this kid here. He’s the most easy to like athlete I’ve ever seen, and we are lucky he’s here.

https://247sports.com/Article/Podca...BA-rise-Rookie-of-the-Year-more-113522732/Amp

DTOu_leU8AEfN5s.jpg