What's new

Donovan refuses to say whether or not he wants to be in Utah moving forward

lol

If you ask your girlfriend about rumors that she's going to break up with you soon, and she says "I don't know, ask me in a week", that's not a great sign for your relationship.

I don't think these are the same thing.

If you have to ask your girlfriend if she's going to break up with you soon, then you just might have bigger problems let alone putting that idea into her head if she hadn't thought of it before. That might just get her thinking, "why does he think I'm leaving soon? Do I have a reason to leave soon?". Way to go, self fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe ask a different question that's further upstream like, "What can I do to help our relationship?", or "what can I do to bring you happiness?" or some such thing.

I guess it's possible the media is trying to be that dumb boyfriend type reporter to get hits, and like some other poster said in here somewhere, we have people here dumb enough to react. Many media types only want a reaction. Reaction = win.

What did Tony get out of it? I must have missed whatever he said. Tony reported the on the Jazz part they don't want to trade Donovan, Tony has never said Donovan doesn't want to be traded.
Sorry, I was thinking of Eric Walden. It's in the first post of this thread.

Bill O'Reilly just hit it on the head with what he just said about Donovans answers. He said he finally hit a rough patch, he's a nice player, but from those answers thats not how you lead a franchise or a team.
Good for Bill O'Reilly?

Quite the opposite. The cowardly way is to give the answer everyone clearly wants to hear, regardless of truth. The braver way is to be honest and vulnerable.
I actually agree... I just think if that is the honest answer that his intentions are somewhat known. Normally you lie and move on. If he wanted to squash it he could have more emphatically.

The issue was honestly rolling with Favs and Rubio too long and not picking one or the other to move to add shooting and find balance.

Conley was the best gamble available... we still could have recovered or made it work... but we really needed more patience for the perfect big deal to setup and more urgency to make changes around the fringes. We also needed to hit on some picks.

I also think we could have easily flipped Conley for CP before the AS break when he was in OKC. We likely have to add a pick (we did anyway). It would have changed things dramatically.
That wasn't my point. We should have just done the NOLA deal dumping Favors and signed Bojan. Nothing about the Conley deal made Bojan possible or dictated the Favors deal. Those were separate. There was no pressure to add Conley. Re-sign Rubio (we could have for around $15-16 million or less).

Rubio
Don
Grayson
Joe
Royce
Jae
Bojan
Gobert
2019 1st (probably Brandon Clarke but doesn't matter)

That roster above is better than the one we had with Conley. Look at the depth.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If you're asking about this at a funeral for one of her friends, you're lucky to get that nice of a response.

Note to self: Never present an analogy to people like One Brow and Jazz Spazz again.

Mitchell cares about how he's perceived. If he had zero intention of demanding a trade, he would have quashed those rumors the instant they came up months ago. This isn't even the first time he's dodged a question about those rumors.

The Jazz are committed to Donovan
Rudy is committed to the Jazz

I don’t know where I’m going with this but the narratives of both players and their relationship to the Jazz are wildly different. Basically the opposite of each other.

I can tell you this, I have 0 interest in more years of perpetually growing rumors that our tier-2 (or 3) level star is trying to leave or take over the franchise from within.

I recommend everyone listen to the Hoop Collective podcast with Tim on it. He breaks down how it happened. Tim gave him the opportunity to essentially say "I'm 10 toes down in Utah". Even if its a lie its the right response. The nebulous I want to win... I'll tell you in a week is telling. His dad is in PR... he knows the right answer (even if its a lie).
He’s been the most polished public persona the Jazz have ever had since the day he was drafted.

Taking in the whole picture, it certainly doesn’t look like he’s married to staying. That’s being generous.

Quite the opposite. The cowardly way is to give the answer everyone clearly wants to hear, regardless of truth. The braver way is to be honest and vulnerable.
“Honest an vulnerable” lmao. Try “entitled” “childish” and “self deluded”. Dude thinks he’s so picked on and has been given whatever the **** he wants.

The Jazz are committed to Donovan
Rudy is committed to the Jazz

I don’t know where I’m going with this but the narratives of both players and their relationship to the Jazz are wildly different. Basically the opposite of each other.

I can tell you this, I have 0 interest in more years of perpetually growing rumors that our tier-2 (or 3) level star is trying to leave or take over the franchise from within.
Both will happen.

I think the Jazz did an amazing and unexpected job getting Bojan. Adding him to the Rubio, Jae and rest of the guys would have been brilliant and bold by itself. There was no need to have to do the Conley deal. We got the stretch 4 we needed and could have evolved from there.

Instead, we lost Favors, Crowder, Grayson and a 1st all just to upgrade Rubio. It was so stupid.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I sure loved that Rubio, Crowder squad. The Conley deal never felt good. Like the Jazz gave up so many assets to be basically the same. Although, once Conley finally acclimated the Jazz were #1 and a lot of fun to watch. That was one good season out of the Conley years. But, even so, I enjoyed rooting for the Rubio/Crowder squad just as much, if not more.

I sure loved that Rubio, Crowder squad. The Conley deal never felt good. Like the Jazz gave up so many assets to be basically the same. Although, once Conley finally acclimated the Jazz were #1 and a lot of fun to watch. That was one good season out of the Conley years. But, even so, I enjoyed rooting for the Rubio/Crowder squad just as much, if not more.
Well said.

I guess the only thing I’d add is that it was obvious the Rubio teams were limited, which is why they made the change. I just wish they wouldn’t have over-corrected. Hell, correct back a bit and throw the MLE at Crowder instead of Favors for Christ’s sake. But this team lost a lot of heart and soul when they made those moves and it’s a bummer it’s played out this way.

Note to self: Never present an analogy to people like One Brow and Jazz Spazz again.

Mitchell cares about how he's perceived. If he had zero intention of demanding a trade, he would have quashed those rumors the instant they came up months ago. This isn't even the first time he's dodged a question about those rumors.
Don is classic fools gold ,shine from outside and idol for 10 year old kids. In reality he is choker or victor oladipo 2.0.Hes gonna stay , and w8 to see is rudy will be traded. Utah team will never gonna be nothing else than second round crap with him and that is fact. Instragam and selling shirts and sneakers is all abot him been here , no more or less. Next year here ppl will saying here he was great in po based on hes ppg. Ppl who didn't watch 5 games is season, yotube highlights user's.

He has a trade kicker clause. So if he doesn’t agree to waive it, ie they don’t send him where he wants, they get to pay him a % of his salary for the privilege of his trade demand. Moronic BS giving this pile of **** whatever he wanted.
So are we like the dumbest franchise in the history of the NBA?