What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

#1 - Bledsoe didn't slip. When he came into college he was not assumed to be a one-and-done but yet he came out at #18.
#2 - Aaron Harrison is a PURE SG.. so he wouldn't slip because of Andrew. Having said that, Aaron very effectively handles the PG spot when Andrew isn't playing (which was extensively this year while Andrew was hurt).
#3 - Aaron could slip to #14 I suppose, but my very early bet would be closer to #10. And I do think he could play PG in the NBA .. but I'll wait and watch him in college before making any larger assumptions.

So.. we could have 4 legit potential star PG's in the top 10 picks next year?

I say this without having any idea who these people are, but I think the Harrison twins will disappoint, ala that one Kentucky guy that was supposed to be BAWSE this year but wasn't.

I'm rarely wrong about these things.

I say this without having any idea who these people are, but I think the Harrison twins will disappoint, ala that one Kentucky guy that was supposed to be BAWSE this year but wasn't.

I'm rarely wrong about these things.

Noted.

While he's probably not on the same tier as some of these other PG's, I think that if you're discussing 2014 PG's, you have to include Shane Larkin. While he isn't the biggest, he's a heck of a defensive player and he's leading a very good Miami squad right now. I'd like to see how he continues to develop.

While he's probably not on the same tier as some of these other PG's, I think that if you're discussing 2014 PG's, you have to include Shane Larkin. While he isn't the biggest, he's a heck of a defensive player and he's leading a very good Miami squad right now. I'd like to see how he continues to develop.

I don't disagree, Hal.. but we seem to typically discuss the upper echelon players when we're more than a year out. Then, as we get closer.. the names seem to leak across the 1st rounders.. finally, when the draft is only 4/5 months away.. the 2nd rounders start getting burn.

There are no rules... just sharing what I have seen be the typical flow of these threads.

So who were you?

Andrew Wiggins - STUD
Julius Randle - STUD
Andrew Harrison - STUD
Aaron Harrison
James Young
Aaron Gordon
Marcus Lee
Kasey Hill
Noah Vonleh
TJ Warren

Many more later..

Why didn't you include Jabari Parker?

I don't disagree, Hal.. but we seem to typically discuss the upper echelon players when we're more than a year out. Then, as we get closer.. the names seem to leak across the 1st rounders.. finally, when the draft is only 4/5 months away.. the 2nd rounders start getting burn.

There are no rules... just sharing what I have seen be the typical flow of these threads.

So who were you?

No offense, but it seems like you just like to talk about Kentucky players.

No offense, but I'm not going to get trolled by an alt. Tell me who u are or pound sand.

I'm trolling because I said you talk about Kentucky players a lot? Ok...

And I'm still not totally sure what an "alt" is.

And I'm Hal. I like the Utah Jazz and discussing basketball.

Hypothetical situation:

The Jazz sign only scrubs in the offseason, the C4 develop like crazy next year, but our record sucks and we get the 3rd pick in the draft.

Wiggins goes #1, Randle #2. Who would you want the Jazz to take at this point?

Hypothetical situation:

The Jazz sign only scrubs in the offseason, the C4 develop like crazy next year, but our record sucks and we get the 3rd pick in the draft.

Wiggins goes #1, Randle #2. Who would you want the Jazz to take at this point?

Bongo.