What's new

For those Jazz fans that LURK here but don't post

not really a lurker, but i don't post much, mostly because i can no longer see the games, and thus can't have a definitive opinion. radio only tells you so much.

Still lurking strong pretty much every day, could this be the season I actually start engaging in actual Jazz related discussions?

I guess only time will tell.

Hello from Italy anyway!

Bounjourno!!!

Buongiorno to you, Sir!

LII7sL6P6h8uA.gif

Just kidding do not get creeped out or answer. There is good chance cunning linguist an one love stalk you if you say you are hot.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Hi.

I've been lurking around. I tend to go through phases where I'll actively post for a while and then go back to lurking and checking in every few days.

What would make me more active? Look - there's a lot of posters that I respect here and am eager to hear their take on recent Jazz news and developments - and that includes people that I regularly find myself disagreeing with. There's also a number of trash posters on these forums and it consistently amazes and bewilders me that the mods haven't done anything with them. ThaPhunkPhenomenon, for example, is an obvious troll account that wasn't ever funny and has grown (somehow, unbelievably) even worse over time. There's the trash posters like Colorado who never contribute anything except the latest negative idea they've come up with. When posters like them are basically given a free pass to run rampant with their annoying and/or vitriolic nonsense, it's eyeroll inducing. Solving that issue would make me definitely come around more often.

Just some direct feedback - not trying to spark a war here.

I've been lurking around. I tend to go through phases where I'll actively post for a while and then go back to lurking and checking in every few days.

What would make me more active? Look - there's a lot of posters that I respect here and am eager to hear their take on recent Jazz news and developments - and that includes people that I regularly find myself disagreeing with. There's also a number of trash posters on these forums and it consistently amazes and bewilders me that the mods haven't done anything with them. ThaPhunkPhenomenon, for example, is an obvious troll account that wasn't ever funny and has grown (somehow, unbelievably) even worse over time. There's the trash posters like Colorado who never contribute anything except the latest negative idea they've come up with. When posters like them are basically given a free pass to run rampant with their annoying and/or vitriolic nonsense, it's eyeroll inducing. Solving that issue would make me definitely come around more often.

Good post

You should join us at our pound-a-northcoloradojazz festivals every once in a while.

Agreed, well put.

I think there's a lot of unpleasant "i'm right, you're wrong" chest beating and unnecessary personal animosity between various posters as well

You simply put them on ignore. It's a feature that posters need to get used to using. The mods don't really need to filter out posters since you can do that on your own.

You simply put them on ignore. It's a feature that posters need to get used to using. The mods don't really need to filter out posters since you can do that on your own.
Ignore option is worse than the posters themselves, heyalthey. You still see them post there every time, the only difference is this time it is hidden in spoiler tag and the post looks even more intriguing to open and read! "Oh man what if he is talking behind my back!.." lol

If only ignore made it so that you didn't even see when the ignored poster made a post. That would be awesome