What's new

Government to shut down at Midnight

Every source I can find seems to say otherwise. For example:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna960306

I don't know why you're acting like I insulted your mother just because I stated a simple, uncontroversial, fact.

Calm down... I hope no one is insulting anyone's mother. I just get frustrated when people speak from their heart and not their mind. Admittedly I do this a lot myself. Not trying to attack you honestly. I get blasted for wanting to have the wall. I'm good with it. But blasting me wont' change my mind and I'm not trying to blast you into changing yours. Just putting my two cents in. Sorry if I came across as a jerk. Also just because NBC reports it does not make it fact. Everyone including me has an agenda. News orgs as a whole have agendas.

"I think that's a great blotch on the incredible country that we all love," Trump said earlier Wednesday. "It's a great, great horrible mark."

...A great, great, beautiful, horrible mark.

Calm down... I hope no one is insulting anyone's mother. I just get frustrated when people speak from their heart and not their mind. Admittedly I do this a lot myself. Not trying to attack you honestly. I get blasted for wanting to have the wall. I'm good with it. But blasting me wont' change my mind and I'm not trying to blast you into changing yours. Just putting my two cents in. Sorry if I came across as a jerk. Also just because NBC reports it does not make it fact. Everyone including me has an agenda. News orgs as a whole have agendas.

Happy Death Day Ted.

So looks like Trump is going to use "emergency funding" to build the wall and end the shutdown.

So what was this shutdown for?

So looks like Trump is going to use "emergency funding" to build the wall and end the shutdown.

So what was this shutdown for?
There was a piece from October, before the shutdown, that answers that question:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

But somewhat less flippantly, you have to remember that Trump has appointed several cabinet members who want to abolish the departments they are in charge of. The shutdown itself, and damaging our faith in the government institutions, actually is part of the reasoning.