What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

The Jazz were in a 4-way tie at 40-30 with San Antonio, Minnesota and New Orleans. The tie-breaker was conference record in this case.

Yeah, Minnesota lost.

clippers playing well right now. They have a solid team as I said before. Losing griffin was a blessing for them.

I still don't get why people would rather play OKC than Portland. We match up way better with Portland than OKC. And Steven Adams is the guy in the league who seems to give Gobert the toughest time. We need Gobert to own if we are going to win a series. Let OKC take the third seed and lets hold on to the fourth or fifth and have a battle of Dame vs Dame 2.0

I agree. Portland has given us problems in the past but with Exum back, we have 3 good defensive PGs to help cover the perimeter against Lillard and CJ. You don't really worry about anyone else on their team. Also Portland cannot force turnovers, which can be a problem for us against longer teams.

Clips behind by a few now. I’m okay with that because making the playoffs is the first goal and knocking 1 of 2 teams out of contention is probably the right step. POR is just playing out of their mind lately and will be hard to catch.

I'd like to get to 49 or 50 wins, take the 4th seed and host a series. That would be awesome. Probably, we'd be dealing with the Thunder.

If the Jazz win their next two games against ATL and DAL, they win their remaining game against MEM, their two games against the LAL, their home game against BOS, and one of their remaining games against GSW (with KD and Klay out), and their home game against the Clippers --- that's 48 wins. An additional win or two against GSW, SAS, MIN or POR gets us to 49 or 50 wins and possibly home court in the first round.

If the Jazz win their next two games against ATL and DAL, they win their remaining game against MEM, their two games against the LAL, their home game against BOS, and one of their remaining games against GSW (with KD and Klay out), and their home game against the Clippers --- that's 48 wins. An additional win or two against GSW, SAS, MIN or POR gets us to 49 or 50 wins and possibly home court in the first round.

That is unbelievable!!! We lost a franchise player... had injuries to our best player... gave the ball to a rookie all year in crunch time, traded away our second best scorer, had a 18 - 34 start, and we...

Nearly match our record from the previous year!?!?!?!

I still don't get why people would rather play OKC than Portland. We match up way better with Portland than OKC. And Steven Adams is the guy in the league who seems to give Gobert the toughest time. We need Gobert to own if we are going to win a series. Let OKC take the third seed and lets hold on to the fourth or fifth and have a battle of Dame vs Dame 2.0

So true. OKC is bad matchup for us. Doesn't mean Portland is easy in any way, but we match up better. OKC has Adams who is one of the few centers in this league who makes it difficult for Gobert, plus Westbrook, a rim attacking machine who might be bothered by Gobert but is also one of the few guards that will manage to draw fouls from him. I don't like that matchup one bit.

We should try to keep on winning as much as possible and see what happens, no need to get all calculating at this stage anyway, but if on the last game of the year there is a decision to make between finishing 6th and playing Portland or finishing 5th and playing OKC... well I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the staff.

So true. OKC is bad matchup for us. Doesn't mean Portland is easy in any way, but we match up better. OKC has Adams who is one of the few centers in this league who makes it difficult for Gobert, plus Westbrook, a rim attacking machine who might be bothered by Gobert but is also one of the few guards that will manage to draw fouls from him. I don't like that matchup one bit.

We should try to keep on winning as much as possible and see what happens, no need to get all calculating at this stage anyway, but if on the last game of the year there is a decision to make between finishing 6th and playing Portland or finishing 5th and playing OKC... well I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the staff.
Ok okc leads 3-1 against us BUT if I remember, we won the 1st game with gobert and Dm, the 2nd game we lost just by 6 but we lead the whole game, the 3rd we lose hardly cause Rudy and Dm weren't there and the 4th game we lose by 14 but gobert wasn't there. I mean with no injuries and more experience now, I don't really scare to play okc. We have to stay healthy and focus. I'm confident, we can beat every team when we are playing hard in defense and when we are focus

Sent from my SM-A520F using JazzFanz mobile app

That is unbelievable!!! We lost a franchise player... had injuries to our best player... gave the ball to a rookie all year in crunch time, traded away our second best scorer, had a 18 - 34 start, and we...

Nearly match our record from the previous year!?!?!?!
Yeah it's crazy! It's why I say ROTY For Dm COY for coach Q and DPOY for Ruuudy

Sent from my SM-A520F using JazzFanz mobile app

Denver is going to lose tonight in Miami. However, I'm having a hard time seeing GSW beating the Spurs in SA.

5th may be the best we can hope for. I think Portland is uncatchable. And OKC is playing great AND owns the tiebreaker.