What's new

Jimmy Butler

When Haywood screwed the Jazz and Hill didn't sign I bet there were NBA fans saying, "Poor Utah - sucks to be them...." but as we know, these events were blessings in disguise.

Now I see the Wolves and think, "Poor Minnesota - sucks to be them...." but the main difference between them and us is they traded Lavine, Dunn and the 7th overall pick for Butler.

Here's a fun article to read directly after that trade: https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/22/j...wolves-nba-draft-grades-zach-lavine-kris-dunn

The actual headline: "Wolves Fleece Bulls In Jimmy Butler Blockbuster"

When Haywood screwed the Jazz and Hill didn't sign I bet there were NBA fans saying, "Poor Utah - sucks to be them...." but as we know, these events were blessings in disguise.

Now I see the Wolves and think, "Poor Minnesota - sucks to be them...." but the main difference between them and us is they traded Lavine, Dunn and the 7th overall pick for Butler.

Here's a fun article to read directly after that trade: https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/22/j...wolves-nba-draft-grades-zach-lavine-kris-dunn

The actual headline: "Wolves Fleece Bulls In Jimmy Butler Blockbuster"
I felt weird in thinking that that was a pretty damn fine package for Butler, considering other deals for stars in the past.

The Jazz did get hosed, there are no two ways about it. They lost basically the perfect player to have now that we have a legit superstar (and there is a legitimate point about how differently the season would've played out with Hayward here, but there's no way Mitchell doesn't have an awesome season [outside of injury]).

I felt weird in thinking that that was a pretty damn fine package for Butler, considering other deals for stars in the past.

The Jazz did get hosed, there are no two ways about it. They lost basically the perfect player to have now that we have a legit superstar (and there is a legitimate point about how differently the season would've played out with Hayward here, but there's no way Mitchell doesn't have an awesome season [outside of injury]).

The Bulls could have drafted poorly at 7 but they did very well with Markkanen. I know some Jazz fans drooled over LaVine - he should be a 20 PPG scorer once he's back and healthy. Dunn is a good defender and filled in nicely when LaVine got hurt. Two starters and a good defender who can guard either guard position for Butler turned out well for Chicago.

The Bulls could have drafted poorly at 7 but they did very well with Markkanen. I know some Jazz fans drooled over LaVine - he should be a 20 PPG scorer once he's back and healthy. Dunn is a good defender and filled in nicely when LaVine got hurt. Two starters and a good defender who can guard either guard position for Butler turned out well for Chicago.

Karl Towns
Lauri Markkanen
Andrew Wiggins
Zach Lavine
Kris Dunn

Wolves could have had that team. That's a legit contender in 3-4 years.

There's a feeling of 'Not sure if serious' moment in the NBA right now regarding the Jimmy Butler situation.. LOL ...

Keep Butler away from Utah. Can you even imagine what would happen to him if and when he confronts Quin Snyder about the night that Quin not only poonchied Butler's lady, but had left her under the viaduct with a half dozen others?

Butler: "Quin, dat aint cool ya bummarse"
Quin: Yeah... I tapped that... what's it too ya?
new_quin.0.png

Seriously though... the T-Wolves had just turned the corner! They were easily 3rd best in the West for 2/3rds of the season. Then Butler got hurt and they dropped like rocks. This reminds me of the rumor when Boozer cheated on his wife with Korver's girlfriend. That marked the beginning of the end for the Boozer, D'ron, Memo, AK team.