What's new

Jimmy Butler

The Jazz go into the tax if they can get Butler. But...they become contenders if they can get him. Do a Paul George/OKC and get him!

PG is chill though... Jimmy could really kill our chemistry... he is a damn good player... you have to factor in that it would cost at least a first and Grayson... likely would include Royce too.

Jimmy is a maniac in the good and bad sense of the word. We won’t touch this... we have a zero knucklehead policy.

Rumor has it that Jimmy has insisted to be traded within one week and that the meeting with Thibs went horribly. He is tanking his trade value for the T-Wolves. If the Jazz Front Office has the stomach for it, Jimmy could be had for cheap.

There was also a report that Thibs isn’t willing to trade him yet either. This could get ugly.

In other news... this is why you don’t have a short sighted coach also act as your GM. I mean coaches are naturally short sighted... this guy runs his key guys into the ground to squeeze out regular season wins.

So Clips are the preferred destination and have a good mix of assets to offer... based on what I’ve heard there is mutual interest between Tobias Harris and Utah. Tobias would likely be in the deal or at very least if the clips get Butler it would signal that Harris isn’t in the long term plans (his caphold would need to be released to sign the second star).

Anyway... just a sidebar to this saga that has some potential to affect our situation.

One thing is for certain in all of this... The Wolves are going to suck next year. I expect them to be at the bottom of division and miss the playoffs. I've been saying that for weeks, but every day it becomes more clear. That whole situation is toxic. Thibs sucks. His players don't like him. He doesn't like his players. The players don't like each other. They are going to be a disaster.

If that happened, then he will never be on the Jazz. Heck, he wouldn't be on 90% of the clubs in the NBA. He could do it again to any other player's girlfriend. Give this guy the MAX? Hell no.
Lmao wut? Teams arent going to say nah to Butler cuz he smashed a dude's girl.

Tony Parked smashed Brent Barry's WIFE and Spurs were chill with him.

Lmao wut? Teams arent going to say nah to Butler cuz he smashed a dude's girl.

Tony Parked smashed Brent Barry's WIFE and Spurs were chill with him.

Because they had to be....and it was his only problem. This plus his personality and cancer in the lockeroom. That's just too many problems.

Utah is in a position where they shouldn't be taking unnecessary risks. If Jimmy said he was open to re-signing here, we'd have to think about it, but even then I think the Jazz roll with what they've got. This team has built some really good chemistry and Jimmy has had problems getting along both in Chicago and Minny. Some people are trying to say anyone would be unhappy in Minny, but he had problems in Chicago and even if he was open to re-signing you'd still have to worry about him clashing with somebody else's personality and then deciding he didn't want to stay after all.

Utah is in a really good spot right now and shouldn't be ****ing with team chemistry.

The Jazz would go to the WCF if they have Butler. Yes, he is a jerk. Karl Malone was a jerk. Rudy Gobert, on a lesser level, can be a jerk to those who don't play defense. He is, however, loyal to his coach where-ever he has played.

Butler has had issues with his teammates now on both teams he's played for. I can't remember a single player who had problems getting along with Malone in 20 years. Haven't seen any reports about Gobert having that kind of problem either. I think you are confusing locker room problems with how guys react with one another on the court.

Latest reports out of Minny say Towns was refusing to sign an extension until Butler was taken care of. Andrew Wiggin's brother tweeted hallelujah at the news Butler was asking for a trade. I think you are underestimating Butler's level of being a jerk by a great deal.

AB, crowder and a 1st. Through in Grayson if it helps.

Never heard noise around Butler until his teams became total ***. Interesting takes on the latest Dunked on episode, apparently the worst time to announce this because teams cant trade guys recently signed guys until Dec 31, majority of teams cant make the money work.

Utah a real chance to do something sneaky if they rate Butler.