What's new

Las Vegas: Worst Mass Shooting in US History

Don't even need fully auto weapons anymore...

https://gizmodo.com/this-trigger-happy-glove-lets-you-simulate-machine-gun-1797434487

j9y94scaxelomdyvpeuo.gif

That looks like a horrible product. I can't quite see exactly how it is used, but it really looks like it would alter the way the firearm is held. I clicked the link and saw a little video and they show a woman using it with a semi-auto hand gun and she absolutely doesn't have good control of the weapon as it fires. It seems like it makes a gun far less safe, and not because it fires many rounds in a short amount of time, but in the way it is activated and deactivated, although I can't fully tell how that happens.

I don't see why this product would be desirable at all for any legitimate use. You can fire a semi-auto rifle (like an AR) pretty damn fast as it is, but with more control and accuracy. So even if you're talking about the zombie polar bear apocalypse. or fighting government tyranny, just a regular old semi-auto is the better choice, imho, than that device.

WSJ is reporting at least one of the rifles was fully automatic.

I have no idea how one gets their hands on those illegally.

Legally, you're looking at anywhere from $20k-300k.

I would imagine they cost a lot more to purchase illegally.

Just really strange. How does this guy prepare so well? How does he get the weapons? This is weird.

Probably like that scene where Mike goes to buy the guns in Breaking Bad.

Something leading to Civil War ought not to be an excuse as to why something shouldn't be done.

America made the right decision by having a civil war when it came to questioning the practice of slavery.

That is an extremely easy thing to say as compared to having it happen and being one of the ones to deal with it. It also leaves no guarantee that the side you want to wins actually wins. Of that it doesn't result in a split stalemate.

Something leading to Civil War ought not to be an excuse as to why something shouldn't be done.

America made the right decision by having a civil war when it came to questioning the practice of slavery.

A civil war over gun rights is not equatable to a civil war over slavery.

That's not what the guy used though.

Also, I would assume those would wreck your barrel. A standard rifle barrel isn't built to handle that, nor is the trigger.

Yeah but I am sure a mass shooter with suicide on his mind doesn't care much about that. I know the vegas shooter didn't use that but simply the fact that this kind of thing exists is terrifying. I read elsewhere that there is a smaller version (not made by the same company I understand) that can clip to the trigger guard and can be used without the need for a finger in the trigger guard at all.

Yeah but I am sure a mass shooter with suicide on his mind doesn't care much about that. I know the vegas shooter didn't use that but simply the fact that this kind of thing exists is terrifying. I read elsewhere that there is a smaller version (not made by the same company I understand) that can clip to the trigger guard and can be used without the need for a finger in the trigger guard at all.

It's stupid.

I don't get why people would want that.

I love guns. They're fun to me, they're relaxing. I find it stupid to get something like that "tool" that will wreck your barrel. No need for that ****.

Not to mention evidently, at least on the surface, one side would seriously kick the crap out of the other.

If this did result in war the key to it all is where the majority of the military and equipment went. I think that the majority of them and it would go on the pro gun side and as a result it would end very quickly.

For example the Triple Deuce, a southern Utah National Guard Unit, would almost entirely side on the pro gun side. They'd bring their equipment with it. That includes some Humvees, transport trucks and a small arms armory.

A civil war over guns would end with a lot of people dead and really nothing changed. It would be stupid in the extreme. In some ways it is like saying I am protesting the legality of pot by having a pot party.

I think we need to develop a universal security code(or better one if it already exists) similar to fire codes. Controlling line of sight, barriers to protect from vehicles, escape routes, places to find cover, and a plan for production to follow in the event something happens(probably should have dimmed or redirected lighting in this case).

This could have been Usana amphitheater. At least 80% of the crowd is visible from the upper parking lot. That probably needs to change.

Has anyone seen the video of where it looks like shots being fired from the 4th floor of Mandalay Bay? I think it looks like reflections, but you know there are going to be some crazy conspiracies with this.

A civil war over guns would end with a lot of people dead and really nothing changed. It would be stupid in the extreme. In some ways it is like saying I am protesting the legality of pot by having a pot party.

Absolutely it would. Any immediate gun confiscation attempt would result in this though. But with the NRA in power, I mean the Rs, I am not worried about it.

Also the long term approach would fail as well barring a dramatic shift in the S.C. and it's tendency to reference past decisions.

Just enforcing our current laws would be helpful and shutting down loopholes such as gun shows. We will never ban all guns in this country. Conservative lawyers fighting for quite awhile to make sure that our amendment is about individual gun ownership and not about militia's gun possession like it was intended has secured that.

These fully automatic guns that are already banned need to be prevented from being bought and sold though.

All sorts of trash on there. I've seen screen shots and posts all over the place. From attacking Muslims to praying that the dead were all supporters of the President. Just ugly and hateful. Because what happened wasn't enough hate for these people.

Yep, tons of ******** out there being spread by people with an agenda.

It's funny to me that some people complain about fake news, yet are willing to repeat something they read on twitter by random strangers as if it had any credibility at all. Why? Because that little bit of info happens to support their own personal view points.

So yeah, rather than do what Archie did, it might make more sense to wait on details before reporting some stupid **** you came across on the internet.

Just enforcing our current laws would be helpful and shutting down loopholes such as gun shows. We will never ban all guns in this country. Conservative lawyers fighting for quite awhile to make sure that our amendment is about individual gun ownership and not about militia's gun possession like it was intended has secured that.

These fully automatic guns that are already banned need to be prevented from being bought and sold though.

Fully auto guns are so expensive, and so highly regulated that it's not a huge issue imo.

Yep, tons of ******** out there being spread by people with an agenda.

It's funny to me that some people complain about fake news, yet are willing to repeat something they read on twitter by random strangers as if it had any credibility at all. Why? Because that little bit of info happens to support their own personal view points.

So yeah, rather than do what Archie did, it might make more sense to wait on details before reporting some stupid **** you came across on the internet.

Except, I didn't report it as facts and went out of my way to say so - to create discussion. If you wanna get all butt-hurt cause I shared things I read about the shooting (literally said I just read this, guys, not sure if true gonna check more sources) to create discussion then go for it. I'm not trying to pass it off as real news and the fact you're so bothered by what I posted says all I need to know. You can't read worth ****, dude.
P.S. I'm not a reporter or journalist. This is a discussion forum.

Fully auto guns are so expensive, and so highly regulated that it's not a huge issue imo.
They are still easy to purchase despite the laws. It's easy to convert semi into autos that needs to be shut down. They are being used in mass shooting so they are still a problem. We also need background checks to be enforced that are not or easy to get around. As well as other laws. There is a pretty direct correlation between number of guns owned and mass shootings by country and by States within the country that has by far the most mass shootings.

Lol he's a multimillionaire who got his guns in St. George