What's new

Mitchell injury

Yeah would really like the starters to get a couple games in before the playoffs start. But more than anything I hope that they are all healthy for the playoffs, so...
I’ll bet they sneak him into the OKC and Sac games... I think they are being super cautious... unless it was a high ankle sprain... which they said he didnt

I’ll bet they sneak him into the OKC and Sac games... I think they are being super cautious... unless it was a high ankle sprain... which they said he didnt
It sounds like he has the same injury Hughes had and it took a long time for him to recover and then he was on a minutes restriction in the GLeague bubble.

I just hope they are low key resting him and being 2000% cautious.

No one wants a reinjury the week before the playoffs regardless of seeding and I'm pretty big on the importance of the #1 seed.
This better not be the case. Both Mitchell and Conley will be rusty when they eventually get back. I’d prefer them to work their way back before the playoffs start plus the team needs to re-adjust to playing with DM and Conley. I don’t want to see their first games back in the playoffs, period!!

This better not be the case. Both Mitchell and Conley will be rusty when they eventually get back. I’d prefer them to work their way back before the playoffs start plus the team needs to re-adjust to playing with DM and Conley. I don’t want to see their first games back in the playoffs, period!!
I completely hear you on that, but I think that they want to avoid a reinjury at all costs, even if rust is the cost even if seeding is the cost.

I'm just going to push the "I believe" button and trust that they are making good decisions since none of us really know what is going into it.

I completely hear you on that, but I think that they want to avoid a reinjury at all costs, even if rust is the cost even if seeding is the cost.

I'm just going to push the "I believe" button and trust that they are making good decisions since none of us really know what is going into it.
How you going to feel if both are rusty and hurt the team causing a one and done. The jazz could be a worse team with their two all stars back then without which is why if Mitchell is good to go he needs to be in there as soon as possible to get timing down.

How you going to feel if both are rusty and hurt the team causing a one and done. The jazz could be a worse team with their two all stars back then without which is why if Mitchell is good to go he needs to be in there as soon as possible to get timing down.
Let me think about it for a second...

Okay yeah, I would hate that.

I would be shocked if the jazz will bring him back before the playoffs started. I think they are being insanely cautious and perhaps a bit paranoid. If the jazz don’t get the lakers or GS I don’t think it’s a big deal - he’ll find his rhythm.

If it looks like they will get either of those they really should bring him back for at least the last two games of the regular season. My vote, bring him back next week. I’m not sure the odds of him getting injured in the regular season vs in the playoffs are much different if he’s actually healed.

I'd like to see the jazz keep the current starting lineup and work Conley and Mitchell both in off the bench to get them back up to speed. Not to mention they will get much better looks playing against bench players to start with. That's one hell of a 1-2 punch off the bench for a few games at least.

It makes some sense but it sucks... If they hold him out a week then he gets 2 weeks rest. I think Mike will come back before the season ends.

I think this really tanks his all-NBA case. No momentum now and missed enough games for voters to drop him below those guys he was neck and neck with. DL slipped the trainer a few bucks to hold him out to be conservative... but really he just cleaning up the cap sheet.

I've seen him on the bench and it doesn't look he's got a boot on or hobbling at all. I think the Jazz are hiding something, a smokescreen as someone said.