What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Apron rules basically. The D'Lo S&T triggered it for GSW.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q20

Correct they are hard capped... snick Looney I’m under the hard cap. I think all they can hand out are minimums and if someone gets hurt they can’t sign another minimum replacement. I’m not sure this Russell deal ends up being good for them.

I think Brantley can give us something at the 4. Wouldn't want to need to rely on him, but between Niang, Royce, Bojan, Brantley I think we are okay there. I wouldn't want to bring in someone that was in the Niang/Brantley tier just to have more bodies... it would have to be a clear upgrade... and that is difficult given that we only have minimums.

From Facebook:

65478396_1421138214693405_2147751692613976064_n.jpg

That's why it's imperative we move Exum and Bradley.

Shane Larkin had a breakthrough season in Europe, but of course he is now due for a big raise in Europe. Probably like 2-3 million. So again would probably take more than the minimum.

Then throw vet minimums to VC and Sef.

Conley-Calathes
Mitchell-O’Neale
Bogdo-Ingles-Vinsanity
Green-Niang-Sef
Gobert-Davis

I read Pau Gasol wants to come back to the NBA. Could he be a good fit at PF for us? Or is he washed up? Haven't followed him since the San Antonio days.

If we dump Exum I meant.

A minimum deal might get NC done but I doubt it.

Yeah I think that’s a pipe dream... fine with people saying we should do it but realistically it has a minuscule chance of happening at this point. Only takes one sucker I guess.

If we had Green agree to a number I’d look around at what it would cost to trade Exum.

Outside chance we could do Exum for Bjelica and Yogi... Kong’s have lots of front court players now.

We need to drop Exum.

And by that I mean drop the speculation of dropping Exum. It's not happening so it's pointless to speculate what moves we could make if it did. Exum is on the team next year folks. Whether ya like it, don't like it or are indifferent.

Do you think DM sees that and expects the same offer from us?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

A year from now? Maybe. Probably. I really don't know what to expect from the Don. Maybe he comes out and publicly states that he intentionally wants to take less money so we can keep guys like Royce and Joe. Or maybe he says he wants the entire amount so he can use it to help the community. I don't see him being the type who threatens leaving if we don't give every penny possible (although we would).

In a perfect world, Donovan has an interview with somebody on ESPN called "The Selection". He uses the first half of the 30 minute program talking about how his contract to name the community areas where it will help. Then at the end, he decides to take less than the max because he knows he can raise the money between what he takes and the max to address the community areas where he wants to address.

Coming off getting the 2020 NBA Finals MVP, Donovan becomes the most popular player in the sport. Utah becomes a free agent destination where players notoriously take less than max dollar to win a title and play the game the right way.

Do you think DM sees that and expects the same offer from us?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah... he deserves max. We won't hesitate. 5 years full max and we lock him up for the first 9 years of his career. He can't sign it until next summer, but we damned sure better offer it.

A year from now? Maybe. Probably. I really don't know what to expect from the Don. Maybe he comes out and publicly states that he intentionally wants to take less money so we can keep guys like Royce and Joe. Or maybe he says he wants the entire amount so he can use it to help the community. I don't see him being the type who threatens leaving if we don't give every penny possible (although we would).

In a perfect world, Donovan has an interview with somebody on ESPN called "The Selection". He uses the first half of the 30 minute program talking about how his contract to name the community areas where it will help. Then at the end, he decides to take less than the max because he knows he can raise the money between what he takes and the max to address the community areas where he wants to address.

Coming off getting the 2020 NBA Finals MVP, Donovan becomes the most popular player in the sport. Utah becomes a free agent destination where players notoriously take less than max dollar to win a title and play the game the right way.
God damn, is this a joke? lol

We'll max him ASAP and he has no reason to feel guilty or give the community a break down of how he plans to spend it.

I think Brantley can give us something at the 4. Wouldn't want to need to rely on him, but between Niang, Royce, Bojan, Brantley I think we are okay there. I wouldn't want to bring in someone that was in the Niang/Brantley tier just to have more bodies... it would have to be a clear upgrade... and that is difficult given that we only have minimums.
This

God damn, is this a joke? lol

We'll max him ASAP and he has no reason to feel guilty or give the community a break down of how he plans to spend it.

I'm not sure... I think it is a joke. But some of these folks were the ones saying Tobias would take a paycut to come here.

Give DM the 5 year max and don't eff around with it. Maybe he takes a little less on his second huge deal if we are contenders and it allows us to add something. Him taking less doesn't change our ability to make moves at this point.