What's new

Game Thread Oct 14, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Trail Blazers (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-14-23

I actually think that 4Q was a good showing of where Hendricks is right now. He's got a smooth jumper, but he's kinda lost on both ends. Hoping he can find a way to make more plays with his size but seems like things are happening too fast for him to process right now. Got talent but probably far away right now.

I'm still a believer in Hendricks long term potential, but this game made me less certain he'll be in the rotation at some point this year. He just looks so lost, but I'm still hopeful that he can get up to speed and start looking a lot better.

I'm still a believer in Hendricks long term potential, but this game made me less certain he'll be in the rotation at some point this year. He just looks so lost, but I'm still hopeful that he can get up to speed and start looking a lot better.
It looks like the Jazz are interested in putting him at SF. Not sure he's played there before. I guess we could look at it as a positive that the Jazz think he can pull that off, even if he struggles at first.

I'm not even gonna say it lol.....
Say it lol… say it… do yall not even remember how rough ya boi Bilal his first couple summer league games.
Hendricks looks awful
Jebus… give him like 45 seconds to look like a teenager and get comfortable.

Look Taylor has some maturing to do but once he got the butterflies gone he was fine. We really gonna judge the guy for doing stuff where he dribbled into post turnaround and got fouled… I’ve been watching THT shoot worse **** than that and keep hearing how young the multi year vet is.

Maybe… just maybe… instead of openly enjoying his struggles… watch the good things he does and comment on those.

It will be Tay Henny SZN at some point and I ain’t letting any of yall mfers on the bus.

Say it lol… say it… do yall not even remember how rough ya boi Bilal his first couple summer league games.

Jebus… give him like 45 seconds to look like a teenager and get comfortable.

Look Taylor has some maturing to do but once he got the butterflies gone he was fine. We really gonna judge the guy for doing stuff where he dribbled into post turnaround and got fouled… I’ve been watching THT shoot worse **** than that and keep hearing how young the multi year vet is.

Maybe… just maybe… instead of openly enjoying his struggles… watch the good things he does and comment on those.

It will be Tay Henny SZN at some point and I ain’t letting any of yall mfers on the bus.

At some point you guys got to realize that people are just commenting about a basketball game and not out to get you. It was a comical string of basketball that everyone commenting on the game pointed out. I didn't have to say it because literally everyone else was gonna say it lol. And you know what, when he clutched up almost everyone commented on that including myself. Turns out that's how a gamethread works. Universe doesn't revolve around you but I can't say I'm surprised you're trying to police what people do.

At some point you guys got to realize that people are just commenting about a basketball game and not out to get you. It was a comical string of basketball that everyone commenting on the game pointed out. I didn't have to say it because literally everyone else was gonna say it lol. And you know what, when he clutched up almost everyone commented on that including myself. Turns out that's how a gamethread works. Universe doesn't revolve around you but I can't say I'm surprised you're trying to police what people do.
Everyone is their own main character.

That's pretty much where I'm at, but I think he will be in the rotation at some point. Another thing that was on display tonight is that the frontcourt is very bad outside of the mainstays and while he's lower in the pecking order now I think he will naturally get PT due to injuries and eventually overcoming Simone/Luka/Yurt. There's a lot of time between now and the end of the year.

Given that the Jazz pick is protected top 10 and how tough the west is, it also wouldn't totally surprise me if the Jazz have a late season dip as they did last year.

That's pretty much where I'm at, but I think he will be in the rotation at some point. Another thing that was on display tonight is that the frontcourt is very bad outside of the mainstays and while he's lower in the pecking order now I think he will naturally get PT due to injuries and eventually overcoming Simone/Luka/Yurt. There's a lot of time between now and the end of the year.

Given that the Jazz pick is protected top 10 and how tough the west is, it also wouldn't totally surprise me if the Jazz have a late season dip as they did last year.

Late season dip last year wasn’t due to playing bad we literally almost won games on accident.

Late season dip last year wasn’t due to playing bad we literally almost won games on accident.

What I meant is that the dip was somewhat intentional, decisions where made and they weren't made to push for the playoffs. Given that our pick is top 10 protected and most have us right on that border I could see something similar happening.

What I meant is that the dip was somewhat intentional, decisions where made and they weren't made to push for the playoffs. Given that our pick is top 10 protected and most have us right on that border I could see something similar happening.

I see. If we aren’t squarely in the playoff mix I agree.

We don't have to worry about a late season dip because it will happen in the first month.

Also, Kris Dunn perfect from the field again? Before we signed him last year, he was crazy dominant in the GLeague. Then he played well for us at the end of the year. Now he's almost perfect in preseason. None of these things matter a ton on their own but....did we actually just find a really nice player? I think I feel comfortable saying that Kris Dunn is not only healthy but simply better than he was before.