What's new

Oni traded to Thunder

This does seem to give the Jazz more flexibility as they have two roster spots open. It allows them to trade someone like Bogey (20 mil) for (12 + 8) - if that deal is out there.

This does seem to give the Jazz more flexibility as they have two roster spots open. It allows them to trade someone like Bogey (20 mil) for (12 + 8) - if that deal is out there.
Guess what.... they could have done that already.... but this does open up the old 1 for 3 deal!

They already have a spot open and could have paid $1.1 M like the Lakers to clear that salary/roster spot instead of a 2nd round pick that is worth $2M+ in cash.

They already have a spot open and could have paid $1.1 M like the Lakers to clear that salary/roster spot instead of a 2nd round pick that is worth $2M+ in cash.
They did get cash I guess… likely the minimum amount. Do we have additional cash to add to a deal or did we use it somewhere?

One of the stories said OKC plans to waive Oni. Could the Jazz immediately sign him back after he clears waivers say to a 10 day or does another team need to acquire his rights and cut him loose first?

One of the stories said OKC plans to waive Oni. Could the Jazz immediately sign him back after he clears waivers say to a 10 day or does another team need to acquire his rights and cut him loose first?
Let him go...

They did get cash I guess… likely the minimum amount. Do we have additional cash to add to a deal or did we use it somewhere?

That's a good question, there is a finite amount of many you can send in Cash Considerations. I'm not sure when that resets, but there's been no reporting of any cash being sent out by UTA. Favors and Butler are the only potential trades and I'm not sure if they were before or after cash considerations gets reset. Maybe we want to keep the $1.1M we could spend in cash considerations instead of a 2028 second round pick? Seems like a raw deal for UTA either way.

IDK....After the Tucker gaffe, I'm not going to make the same mistake of doing the gymnastics to justify these moves. I'm seeing people say the Jazz just got $2.5M (the Oni savings) for their second round pick and that's probably how it was justified to ownership. On the surface, not actually that bad because that's the rate for a bad 2nd round pick. The part that's missing is that LAL just did the same for $1.1M.

You can’t sign a guy you just traded if they get waived (for a year), unless they end up traded to a third team (in a separate transaction).

You can’t sign a guy you just traded if they get waived (for a year), unless they end up traded to a third team (in a separate transaction).
It would be a true Jazz trade if OKC trades Oni to another team and doesn't have to give anything to do so... I will die of laughter if it happens. Who gave DL his office keys back?

It would be a true Jazz trade if OKC trades Oni to another team and doesn't have to give anything to do so... I will die of laughter if it happens. Who gave DL his office keys back?
I heard he’s being waived. I’m curious if he will be dropping his Cameo fees below four figures.

Pre-cursor to another deal? The next one involving Lu Dort? (fingers crossed)

The timing on this is just a little bit odd, not much. Wonder if Houston is having a firesale on Kevin Porter Jr. and Christian Wood.

I'd still do Ingles, Buter and a pick for Wood.

Last edited:
The timing on this is just a little bit odd, not much. Wonder if Houston is having a firesale on Kevin Porter Jr. and Christian Wood.
He was three days from being guaranteed. They grabbed what they (thought they) could.

Actually OKC is probably flipping Oni and a second rounder for Jae’Sean Tate.