What's new

Rookie Coach vs. Rookie Coach: How did they stack up?

Look at Burks shooting in the 2nd and 4th quarters...... god awful. He might be a huge reason for our struggles in the 2nd quarter.

Burks shoots 31% in the 2nd and 23% in the 4th.

Not a big deal... Burks plays most of his time without Hayward in the First and Third Quaters... That us when we need he to play well, while Hayward is on the bench!!

Bandwagon fallacy. There aren't any professionals here anyway and all our opinions are pretty much worthless bull ****. Claiming that you're right because a bunch of armchair commenters agree with you is pretty lame.

I suppose I should create 10,000 Fire Trey threads a day like your alt HighlandHarris. My god that alt is obnoxious. Would you let that cancer die already?

You're the only one talking Corbin in this thread. Good job derailing it feeling like a victim of my trolling.

You're an idiot if you think the offense looks good this year. It's trash. The only thing that's held it together is Hayward putting up HOFer efficiency, and shooting double his career mid-range percentage. The defense is awful, and last night's coaching was pathetic. All that with an extra year of player development to work upon but Quin hasn't been able to do much with it and a team built without holes.

Have you considered the notion that Maybe Hayward is putting up better numbers because of the Spacing? It's better than last season and to say otherwise would seem shaq'tin a fool material. Can we at least entertain the thought that Quin has put Favors and Hayward in a better position to succeed.
Can't we also entertain the notion that This team believes they can win games and believes in Quin? And does it carry any weight that Hayward has bought into Quin but lost faith in Corbin? His body language is after all much better this year.

But wait, You are Franklin. You use Jazzfanz as a venue by which you can display your elite ability to destroy axioms with one stroke of celestial Wit. I have considered you an apostate version of John the beloved. Either that, or a bored version just waiting to be translated. In any case, what you are does not matter in any degree close to what you do. accept my homage as I bow before your avatar and simply relinquish all my arguments as I stand in awe of your ability to advocate honorably those causes which I could not have the courage to take up.

But wait, Corbin over Snyder?? To Champion that cause seems beyond even the divine.

Bandwagon fallacy. There aren't any professionals here anyway and all our opinions are pretty much worthless bull ****. Claiming that you're right because a bunch of armchair commenters agree with you is pretty lame.

This reminds me of Millsapa/PearlWatson telling me that my opinions had no credence when on the topic of evolution-- as I disputed the claims made by a creationist with a PhD in Biochemistry. You're in great company.

It's almost as rich as the basketball minds who claim that coaches who've never played in the league can't coach in the league. Or when Ty Corbin said those from the media who questioned his tactics had no right to question him, as they had never been in his position before. To anyone with any intellectual honesty (which typically includes yourself-- not sure what's happening today), it's common to assess the arguments of someone completely based on the actual points they are bringing forth. It doesn't matter whether it comes from the son of a HOFer, a HOFer himself, or some 21 year old from Canada. If Kwame brown joins this forum and says that the three-pointer is useless in contemporary basketball, are we to value his opinions above every 'non-professional', as you say? If you want to, then go on right ahead. I won't bother.

Speaking of which: what's your claim to being right? Are you more of a professional than me? Have you played in the league? Have you coached in the league? Pointing fingers at armchair-commenters being wrong is a cute exercise in irony, I'm afraid.

I suppose I should create 10,000 Fire Trey threads a day like your alt HighlandHarris. My god that alt is obnoxious. Would you let that cancer die already?

2/10 trolljob, nice attempt. Haven't had a single alt since Sandy Braille. In fact, I don't think I ever, once, ever suggested that the Jazz fire Ty. I was completely against it. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong.

You're the only one talking Corbin in this thread. Good job derailing it feeling like a victim of my trolling.

Sure, maybe not this thread. But I would bet the last 5 Corbin-threads have either been started by yourself, or feature heavy amounts of posts by yourself. Hence, your opinions tend to be tightly tethered to the vindication of Ty Corbin. It's like fishon with Burks (though he's admittedly gotten better-- let's hope you follow suit). We can't take your posts seriously because it all fits into your ongoing Ty vindication that literally no one cares about.

You're an idiot if you think the offense looks good this year. It's trash. The only thing that's held it together is Hayward putting up HOFer efficiency, and shooting double his career mid-range percentage. The defense is awful, and last night's coaching was pathetic. All that with an extra year of player development to work upon but Quin hasn't been able to do much with it and a team built without holes.

Every single player has commented positively on the direction that Quin has taken on offense. Ball don't lie, my brother. 12th in APG, 19th best offense in the league. This is with their starting PG shooting 30% from the field, and one of the tougher starts in the league, with a new coach and the second youngest team in the league (IIRC). Sure, Gordon is putting all-star stats-- but Burke is also putting up conversely-terrible stats. Is there a starting PG shooting worse so far this season? Cute that you ignore that-- but par for the course.

Look, I have no care in engaging this pissing match.

The biggest difference between my Burke-love and your Corbin-trolling is:

a) Burke is still on this team, so my opinions are more relevant than yours
b) 99% of my Burke-trolling is over-dramatic and tongue-in-cheek.
c) I am super willing, ready, and I DO offer criticism on Burke quite regularly.

Support for Burke before last night was just as sparse as support for Ty-- yet I still supported him, and I STILL didn't ruffle peoples feathers like you did. Why? Because I'm a reasonable poster who doesn't intentionally attach a trolling slant to every ****ing post I make. I make a few Photoshops and "blackJesus" posts that are blatantly in good fun, and I conduct myself maturely. The proof is in the pudding-- try and find a TENTH of the amount of posters who have as big of a problem with my Burke love than they do with your Ty love.

Meanwhile you're calling me insults, lying about negreps that I leave you, leaving petty rep comments, and generally posting in a senile fashion.

Grow the **** up, or stop posting. I'm serious. I'm done with this thread, and I'm done talking about Ty Corbin with you. You know how I feel about him, and you know how I feel about your posts about him. I don't see any point in engaging you any further.

Since I highly suspect "boobs" is a franklin alt, I don't think he has the right to criticize anyone else's ****ty alts. :p

This reminds me of Millsapa/PearlWatson telling me that my opinions had no credence when on the topic of evolution-- as I disputed the claims made by a creationist with a PhD in Biochemistry. You're in great company.

It's almost as rich as the basketball minds who claim that coaches who've never played in the league can't coach in the league. Or when Ty Corbin said those from the media who questioned his tactics had no right to question him, as they had never been in his position before. To anyone with any intellectual honesty (which typically includes yourself-- not sure what's happening today), it's common to assess the arguments of someone completely based on the actual points they are bringing forth. It doesn't matter whether it comes from the son of a HOFer, a HOFer himself, or some 21 year old from Canada. If Kwame brown joins this forum and says that the three-pointer is useless in contemporary basketball, are we to value his opinions above every 'non-professional', as you say? If you want to, then go on right ahead. I won't bother.

That's your defense for claiming something is right because the majority OF RESPECTED POSTERS say so dude? You know what I said about us all being a bunch of bull ****ters is true so don't bust my balls with that ****.

Speaking of which: what's your claim to being right?

I'm always right about my Jazz predictions. Find one that has been off. Read all the current threads with everyone sucking my predictions off right now. My track record is impeccable. Sorry?

Are you more of a professional than me? Have you played in the league? Have you coached in the league? Pointing fingers at armchair-commenters being wrong is a cute exercise in irony, I'm afraid.

I included myself.

Every single player has commented positively on the direction that Quin has taken on offense. Ball don't lie, my brother. 12th in APG, 19th best offense in the league. This is with their starting PG shooting 30% from the field, and one of the tougher starts in the league, with a new coach and the second youngest team in the league (IIRC). Sure, Gordon is putting all-star stats-- but Burke is also putting up conversely-terrible stats. Is there a starting PG shooting worse so far this season? Cute that you ignore that-- but par for the course.

Imagine that. Give kids the latitude to chuck and they'll love you. Snyder's system is better because a bunch of very young men are excited about a new coach and a new system after playing behind vets for several years. I'm sure nobody else in their position would be surprised. I'm also sure their PR coaches have told them to comment negatively about the style changes.

Speaking of forgetting things, I noticed you didn't include Favors playing very well or Booker's dynamic contributions in your analysis or Kanter not completely hurting the team for once. It's only Angel Hayward's play and Devil Burke's play that matters amiright.

Last edited:
Look, I have no care in engaging this pissing match.

The biggest difference between my Burke-love and your Corbin-trolling is:

a) Burke is still on this team, so my opinions are more relevant than yours
b) 99% of my Burke-trolling is over-dramatic and tongue-in-cheek.
c) I am super willing, ready, and I DO offer criticism on Burke quite regularly.

Support for Burke before last night was just as sparse as support for Ty-- yet I still supported him, and I STILL didn't ruffle peoples feathers like you did. Why? Because I'm a reasonable poster who doesn't intentionally attach a trolling slant to every ****ing post I make. I make a few Photoshops and "blackJesus" posts that are blatantly in good fun, and I conduct myself maturely. The proof is in the pudding-- try and find a TENTH of the amount of posters who have as big of a problem with my Burke love than they do with your Ty love.

Meanwhile you're calling me insults, lying about negreps that I leave you, leaving petty rep comments, and generally posting in a senile fashion.

Grow the **** up, or stop posting. I'm serious. I'm done with this thread, and I'm done talking about Ty Corbin with you. You know how I feel about him, and you know how I feel about your posts about him. I don't see any point in engaging you any further.

"Don't talk about subjects that I don't want to discuss". What a dick.

That's your defense for claiming something is right because the majority say so dude? You know what I said about us all being a bunch of bull ****ters is true so don't bust my balls with that ****.

How about you quote me properly when you discuss my post? Did I say 'majority'-- or did I say 'majority of respectable posters'?

Both are not the same. Respectable posters with respectable, consistently opinions are not in the majority. Don't slander my posts with your inaccuracies. You're making a fool of yourself, and losing any respectable reputation you once had. "Don't bust my balls" with your inability to read, pops.

I'm always right about my Jazz predictions. Find one that has been off. Read all the current threads with everyone sucking my predictions off right now. My track record is impeccable. Sorry?

I'll list a couple.

Does anyone see [Thomas] Robinson > Kanter?

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?16749-First-Round-Bust-Predictions&highlight=hayward

^ the only players you selected as "Bust as in out of the league in very short order. Or maybe something like Jeremy Evans 2nd round lingering role for a first rounder." were Mason Plumlee and Kelly Olynyk. 0/2. Plumlee basically hit Jeremy's career high in minutes in his rookie season. Lol @ O-Clinic.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?16311-Give-Smoove-Just-Under-The-Max&highlight=hayward

I really want this guy. Can you imagine the possibilities of Kanter-Favors-Smoove? BEAST. Go big go block party or go small...

I really wish he could run a three but consensus is that's about as effective as Millsap @ 3.

So he's not max money but he's this years Z-Bo, who nobody wanted to pay to beast. The nice thing about slightly overpaying is you can structure it with front loads so if the fit doesn't work you can always trade him next year to the team who wanted him for a mill less.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?12619-Kevin-Murphy-Might-Be-Legit-Thread

Saw some stuff tonight I haven't seen in other rooks/sophs. Wait and see, but [Kevin Murphy] looks like he actually has adaptable talent.

I included myself.

I guess I'll have to wait until Kelly puts up Jeremy Evans numbers for the rest of his career (newsflash: it's not happening).

I didn't bother to include your "if we draft Exum i'll slit my wrists" threads, or your Brandon Rush > Burks posts, or your "MKG is Andre Iguodala 2.0" posts. I figured 2-3 would be enough, Mr. Professional. I hope this isn't too devastating for you.

Imagine that. Give kids the latitude to chuck and they'll love you. Snyder's system is better because a bunch of very young men are excited about a new coach and a new system after playing behind vets for several years. I'm sure nobody else in their position would be surprised. I'm also sure their PR coaches have told them to comment negatively about the style changes.

Speaking of forgetting things, I noticed you didn't include Favors playing very well or Booker's dynamic contributions in your analysis or Kanter not completely hurting the team for once. It's only Angel Hayward's play and Devil Burke's play that matters amiright.

Why would I not include them? their play only boosts my point, and refutes yours. Thanks for doing your work for me.

--

I realize that I wasn't supposed to post in this thread any longer, but the whole "FIND A POST WHERE I'M WRONG" call was simply irresistible. Solid baiting, frank.

Damn guys, I wish we could trade Kanter for Thomas "1.6 PPG 3.6 RPG" Robinson.

How about you quote me properly when you discuss my post? Did I say 'majority'-- or did I say 'majority of respectable posters'?

Both are not the same. Respectable posters with respectable, consistently opinions are not in the majority. Don't slander my posts with your inaccuracies. You're making a fool of yourself, and losing any respectable reputation you once had. "Don't bust my balls" with your inability to read, pops.

I'll list a couple.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?16749-First-Round-Bust-Predictions&highlight=hayward

^ the only players you selected as "Bust as in out of the league in very short order. Or maybe something like Jeremy Evans 2nd round lingering role for a first rounder." were Mason Plumlee and Kelly Olynyk. 0/2. Plumlee basically hit Jeremy's career high in minutes in his rookie season. Lol @ O-Clinic.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?16311-Give-Smoove-Just-Under-The-Max&highlight=hayward

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?12619-Kevin-Murphy-Might-Be-Legit-Thread

I guess I'll have to wait until Kelly puts up Jeremy Evans numbers for the rest of his career (newsflash: it's not happening).

I didn't bother to include your "if we draft Exum i'll slit my wrists" threads, or your Brandon Rush > Burks posts, or your "MKG is Andre Iguodala 2.0" posts. I figured 2-3 would be enough, Mr. Professional. I hope this isn't too devastating for you.

Why would I not include them? their play only boosts my point, and refutes yours. Thanks for doing your work for me.

--

I realize that I wasn't supposed to post in this thread any longer, but the whole "FIND A POST WHERE I'M WRONG" call was simply irresistible. Solid baiting, frank.

You're bitching that I quoted you out of context (which I clearly did not and even clarified so you would chill out about it) and then come up with that purposefully out of context garbage to continue your bashing? I don't know why you're being such a dick in this thread about Snyder ****ing up last night (I have a couple solid guesses), but you're strapping a pretty big hard on on.

You're bitching that I quoted you out of context (which I clearly did not and even clarified so you would chill out about it) and then come up with that purposefully out of context garbage to continue your bashing? I don't know why you're being such a dick in this thread about Snyder ****ing up last night (I have a couple solid guesses), but you're strapping a pretty big hard on on.

Keep spinnin bro. You quoted me out of context, I showed you why your claim to a perfect record is a farce, and your response is to respond with posts laced with misogyny. Very curious as to what your "guesses" about me being a dick (lol) with regards to Snyder sucking last nite tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep spinnin bro. You quoted me out of context, I showed you why your claim to a perfect record is a farce, and your response is to respond with posts laced with misogyny. Very curious as to what your "guesses" about me being a dick (lol) with regards to Snyder sucking last nite tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't said anything but good about Exum since getting a chance to watch him play. If you want to sullying my reputation for forecasting non-professional athletes then by all means feel free. I suck at it.

My record about Jazz players tho is as spotless as the fallen snow. I smell like new car interior. My **** don't stink. Big fish, little pond. Sharpest tard in the asylum.

Haven't said anything but good about Exum since getting a chance to watch him play. If you want to sullying my reputation for forecasting non-professional athletes then by all means feel free. I suck at it.

My record about Jazz players tho is as spotless as the fallen snow. I smell like new car interior. My **** don't stink. Big fish, little pond. Sharpest tard in the asylum.

Ahh, so you've changed the category of what discerns your superiority now.

I'm sure this newfound designating distinction will last until someone decides to scan some threads, and find posts where you say "Rush > Burks" or "pls trade Millsap and Marvin Williams for Granger", effectively collapsing your current superiority-criteria.

Of course, at that point, you'll probably say something like "all of my trade threads are non-srs LOL u idiots", or "I was just being extreme in order to ruffle some feathers." You're predictable.

PS: lol @ predicting that J-Smoove would have a Z-Bo like regeneration in 2014 after leavin the Hawks. He really 'rejuvenated' the Pistons with his 41% shooting, and lottery appearance. Big fish indeed. A shame we didn't offer him that near-max contract like you wanted GMiller to.

I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying portray yourself as something you're not. You're not a perfect player analyzer, cuz guess what-- nobody on this ****ing planet is. Unpredictability is the spice of life. Trends and mathematical formulae have their limits. This holds true in the NBA.

You're a good Jazzfanz poster. A smart father. A poster with a very balanced grasp on contemporary American political issues (especially when pertaining to economics), and one of the best minds on the forum in the context of understanding the intricacies of basketball offenses in general. Your input is generally enjoyed by most. Your mood swings (or boredom eruptions, whatever) tend to provoke the reactions of rather short-sighted Jazzfanz posters-- which might be amusing to you. Unfortunately, it's a complete and total drag for most of the posters who generally enjoy your input. There is nothing "intelligent" about starting a serious-toned "Ty Corbin vindication thread". It's petty, it's childish, and it's a stain on a poster who otherwise has potentially to perpetually be among the best and most well rounded on this board.

I'm hoping your trolling phase is temporary-- both for your sake, and most of our enjoyment

Ahh, so you've changed the category of what discerns your superiority now.

I'm sure this newfound designating distinction will last until someone decides to scan some threads, and find posts where you say "Rush > Burks" or "pls trade Millsap and Marvin Williams for Granger", effectively collapsing your current superiority-criteria.

Of course, at that point, you'll probably say something like "all of my trade threads are non-srs LOL u idiots", or "I was just being extreme in order to ruffle some feathers." You're predictable.

PS: lol @ predicting that J-Smoove would have a Z-Bo like regeneration in 2014 after leavin the Hawks. He really 'rejuvenated' the Pistons with his 41% shooting, and lottery appearance. Big fish indeed. A shame we didn't offer him that near-max contract like you wanted GMiller to.

I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying portray yourself as something you're not. You're not a perfect player analyzer, cuz guess what-- nobody on this ****ing planet is. Unpredictability is the spice of life. Trends and mathematical formulae have their limits. This holds true in the NBA.

You're a good Jazzfanz poster. A smart father. A poster with a very balanced grasp on contemporary American political issues (especially when pertaining to economics), and one of the best minds on the forum in the context of understanding the intricacies of basketball offenses in general. Your input is generally enjoyed by most. Your mood swings (or boredom eruptions, whatever) tend to provoke the reactions of rather short-sighted Jazzfanz posters-- which might be amusing to you. Unfortunately, it's a complete and total drag for most of the posters who generally enjoy your input. There is nothing "intelligent" about starting a serious-toned "Ty Corbin vindication thread". It's petty, it's childish, and it's a stain on a poster who otherwise has potentially to perpetually be among the best and most well rounded on this board.

I'm hoping your trolling phase is temporary-- both for your sake, and most of our enjoyment

Anything else you want to get off your chest? Not sure you're through lashing me today.

why is corbin on jazzfanz?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Why do we have to continue to talk about Corbin? His tenure was the dark period of my years as a Jazz fan and if he had been renewed it would have ended my days as a Jazz fan. I absolutely hate those years; my fandom still feels the effects of the Corbin years and I may never be as enthusiastic as I was before he became head coach. If other people feel that way, they should just neg rep Franklin. To be honest, he has neg repped me more times than I have neg repped him for complaining about his irrational defense of Corbin.

Last edited:
It's obvious that Quin is a better coach than Fisher. I feel sorry for Fisher. He gets his first gig as a head coach (first time he has ever coached) and he's stuck with a GM who is demanding he play the triangle offense and most of his players are injured.

Quin and DL are on the same page and have the same bball philosophy. The Jazz are sooo much funner to watch than last years version. I don't expect us to go undefeated, but Quin is an obvious upgrade over Ty and it's obvious we are headed in the right direction.

Damn, I guess franklin asked for a ban. I guess this is my fault. Sorry JFC.