What's new

Stars Season Opener Game Thread: 8PM Mountain Time

Oh wow, look @HermanG , you can disagree on a basketball forum and just state your opinion instead of trying to shame someone for having their own opinion.

Cy has been consistent on Hendricks from the beginning. I wasn’t even as high on him as everyone on here but multiple people who’s opinions I respect convinced me otherwise. If you go back and look at some of my early analysis of Hendricks I wasn’t a fan and had him 13/14 on my big board. Hendricks was hyped by literally 99% of people on here. You got attacked for saying anything bad about him.

Cy is also right if we had to redraft based what we know at this very moment we don’t take him again at 9. We would try to trade up or take someone else.

Cy has been consistent on Hendricks from the beginning. I wasn’t even as high on him as everyone on here but multiple people who’s opinions I respect convinced me otherwise. If you go back and look at some of my early analysis of Hendricks I wasn’t a fan and had him 13/14 on my big board. Hendricks was hyped by literally 99% of people on here. You got attacked for saying anything bad about him.

Cy is also right if we had to redraft based what we know at this very moment we don’t take him again at 9. We would try to trade up or take someone else.

I was not a big fan of Hendricks coming into the draft and really wanted Bilal but we drafted Hendricks. This is who we have.

I think the next off season is going to be huge for Tay because he needs to get a lot stronger and more flexible. He has got to get better at a lit of things. If he takes the off season off or doesn't work hard he will fail.

My biggest concern is he just doesn't have the "it". He just seems to coast.

Wat too early for a re-draft, but it's fun anyway.

Out of all the guys in the late lottery only Lively, Wallace, and Dick are really doing anything in the NBA right now.

I guess we would probably take Keyonte since he was 10th on the Jazz's big board. If that's the case then we're talking about who we could have taken with 16. If that's the case then, I would go for Jaime.

Crazy how if you dont participate in group think you get called a douche.

Again, would anyone draft Hendricks in a redraft based off what we have seen thus far?
Yeah I'm starting to question if Hendricks will ever be more than a catch a shoot corner three role player. I admit I thought before the draft that he could develop some ball skills and be a lock down defender on the perimeter with length. I'm not giving up on him yet obviously, but it's not looking great.

I do wonder what the cost was to move up? Would it have been better to pay it for someone like Bilal Coulibaly or just take Keyonte George at 9 and someone else at 16

Remember our No 9 pick did not play for a basketball blue blood in a power 5 conference. He might take awhile to adapt to the speed at this level. That being said I have not been impressed with him at this point.

He's a 3D big wing. Think Dorian Finney-Smith or Robert Covington. He'll shoot off the catch and finish plays at the rim. He'll defend 2 or 3 positions. He's just not a guy who will self create.

I'm wondering on how injured he was this summer? He might have a soft tissue thingy that takes awhile to recover. He did look good in the Stars preseason game so there's that.

The big surprise of the draft is still Cam Whitmore falling off the table. He was considered a blue chip all year right up until the pre-draft process. Apparently his coach at Villanova really talked him down, and his interviews were a disaster.

Yes, that was like a week before the draft. Go look at my earlier analysis.

Just to be clear wasn't TH ill before the game, and tried to play anyway? Not sure you can judge anything he did in this one. The g league pace is nuts if you're feeling well, I can't imagine being sick and playing at that speed.

I think the most frustrating part about the Hendricks pick is it was the safest pick we could have made. 9th player on our board with the 9th pick. Why didn’t we move up and get someone we really wanted? Cost couldn’t have been that much.
Maybe we tried to move up and no one wanted to move down or the price was too high. Kid is 19years old and didn't play in summer league and he is sick in his first game. Lots of guys have struggled out of theI gate. Walker isn't even getting off the Bench in Indy. I guess he sucks and is a bust. I didn't think the Jazz were going to get a star at 9. The kid may never pan out but geez how about if we give him a year or two before we start thrashing him as a bust or complain about why we didn't move up.

No one knows what the cost was to move up or if anyone was willing to do so.