What's new

The Random Question Thread

It's called enculturation. The correct answer is that it is considered a feminine color in the West because it is advertised to female children as a symbol for their gender. So pretty much because we kind of decided it was.

So using this logic there may be a netherplace that NAOS is cool?

There is a reason why shades of red are generally viewed as feminine in nature, but this is not the time or place.

There is a reason why shades of red are generally viewed as feminine in nature, but this is not the time or place.

I call BULL.

oh, and if dumb pigs are getting smarter, does that mean that smart pigs are getting dumber?

Last edited:
Is it backward or backwards?

And how much water do you think a drinking fountain wastes?

Is symbolic coolness ever a waste?

PS. . . In Vegas the water manager tells me he doesn't care how many times you flush the toilet or how much water goes down any drain. It's all collected, cleaned up passively, and passed into Lake Mead, and for every drop that goes in from their drain, they get to take that many drops back out. . . several miles away and a lot cleaner. Overall, for each gallon they draw from the lake, 0.67 gallons goes back in. So the next day they get to take out 1.67 gallons, and 1.23 gallons goes back in. . .. so the third day they get 2.23 gallons and 1.44 gallons goes back in. For the mathematically gifted this is an equation that has a definite limit, reached with a result of 3 times as much water being taken out of the lake as defined by Nevada's Colorado River allotment, with 2 times that going back in continuously. . . .and the whole "allotment" going up in evaporation one way or another.

When Vegas forces me to sell my water rights, on this equation, they should pay me 3 times the going price for the water.

But farmers just don't understand the new math. They brag about "letting the yellow mellow" and conserving flushes and such. But if the septic system is a decent distance from the well, it doesn't make any difference to them, either, how many times they flush.

Most hydrologic engineers I've run across don't seem to understand how to calculate the return ratio of water to the aquifer under differing systems of use, and anyway their equations have fudge factors that are astronomical anyway. The only way you know what can be used is by measuring the groundwater levels.

Is JUNIOR an official part of someone's name?

(ie, someone named after their father)

If there's a Senior, a Junior and a III, and Senior dies, does the Junior become Senior and III become Junior?

Put a pair of underwear in the freezer over night before a really hot day. You won't regret it.

p.s. make sure to mark it somehow in case someone tries to eat them by accident.

So you live in a house where people randomly grab wads of frozen things from the freezer and just start eating them?

What happens to the stuff you permanently delete from your computer?

Can you believe Dream On by Aerosmith only peaked at #59 on Billboards in 1973?

never much liked that song at all - but loved Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way... two of the best of the genre
(or maybe not the best, but good at any rate)

and here is a SERIOUS random question - and I seriously need an answer...

Is it spelled "jeez(e)" or "geez(e)"

Like "oh (g)(j)eez(e)" - and with or without the final "e"? I'm seriously stumped. Google is no help.

Has anyone else received the American Crime Survey from the US DOJ in the mail?