What's new

Thoughts on Trading Bogdanvic

So apparently saying that you should spend your money wisely is same equivalent to saying you should not spend at all. Third grade English comprehension right there.

Just FYI.

PJ Tucker's paid 7mil this year.

Roco 13mil.

Josh Hart 12mil.

Kyle Anderson 10mil.

Bobby Portis 4mil.

Larry Nance Jr. 11mil.

Aaron Gordon 16mil.

But yeah, why bother paying to get one or even two of these guys on your team when you can spend 19mil on Bogey?
Just want to chime in as an observer to this conversation...

You are NOT winning.

Interesting. Just tell me who's gonna score tonight for exemple?Don an jc will take 50 possessions for 50 points and mike is out. You looking for like 70 more points to winn, and u gonna get it from who? Super royce who's average 5 points or jingles who can score 20 but also can score 7?Bb is sport where u need score more than other team but it seams some ppl not understand it here . So cool off and watch how is clippers doing with pg is on 40 points per game

Mattias Thybulle is the player I covet in exchange for Bogey. We would be swapping offense for defense in a move like that.

Last year PJ Tucker would have come to mind and he ended up being a difference maker for the Bucks.

But frankly between Gay and with the way Paschall is playing, we are definitely best right now with all 3.

jom gonna jom. He's the most hide-worthy poster who will probably never make my ignore list. Too funny to ignore.

Just so we're clear: are you suggesting that only teams that have won championships in the recent past can win championships? Because I shouldn't have to point out that that's kind of impossible. Stepping away from theory to an example, The Bucks were a worthless playoff team (saying nothing of the Suns track record). I know you're going to move the goal-posts and tie yourself up into a pretzel, so you can spare yourself and the rest of us.

Soooo... trading Bogey to save money is... not trading Bogey to save money? Some serious galaxy-brain level stuff going on here.
Bucks were a "worthless playoffs team" that made the Eastern Conference final in 2019. Has this Jazz team reached a Conference final? Were we even close? And what's wrong with Suns track record? They made all the way to the NBA final one year apart from being a lottery team, so you mean now we should throw Kings, Thunder, T wolves and Pelicans into the mix too? I guess there are 15 teams competing for a chip in the West now.

Trading Bogey to invest his 17mil elsewhere to improve this team is... to save money? Yeah, you should try that again.

Last edited:
Interesting. Just tell me who's gonna score tonight for exemple?Don an jc will take 50 possessions for 50 points and mike is out. You looking for like 70 more points to winn, and u gonna get it from who? Super royce who's average 5 points or jingles who can score 20 but also can score 7?Bb is sport where u need score more than other team but it seams some ppl not understand it here . So cool off and watch how is clippers doing with pg is on 40 points per game
JC would've been Clippers' second best scorer right now. And starting this season you won't need 120 points to win games any more. Like 2 games out of last 15 have we seen a team reached 120 points. A lot of those games barely cracked 100. League is working really hard to cut those soft free throws to keep the scoring low.

The league is cutting out the free throws in order “to keep the scoring low.” Lmao.

The league is cutting out the free throws in order “to keep the scoring low.” Lmao.
I think the fact that 99% of the fans hated watching guys spend their energy trying to get a whistle may have factored into it… also may have been that it makes the game choppy… or that it’s boring to watch guys shoot free throws… but you probably right… Adam silver sitting there in his office going “ someone tell me how to get rid of some of these ****ing points!”

Bogey could score 25 pts a night efficiently and people would still bitch that he isn’t a lock down defender. He’s not Kawhi… he is exactly what his salary buys you in the league. If we can get a better more complete player do it… if we can get his equivalent while saving a few bucks think about it… in the offseason.

Bogey could score 25 pts a night efficiently and people would still bitch that he isn’t a lock down defender. He’s not Kawhi… he is exactly what his salary buys you in the league. If we can get a better more complete player do it… if we can get his equivalent while saving a few bucks think about it… in the offseason.

If he scored 30 points a night efficiently we’d still need more defense on this team. I wouldn’t want to trade him, but I’d still want to trade a scorer for a defender because defense is a need. It’s not a personal vendetta against Bogey. It’s an acknowledgment of the strengths and weaknesses of this team.

If we can get his equivalent now with a more valued skill set I don’t know why we should wait until the off-season.

Bogey could score 25 pts a night efficiently and people would still bitch that he isn’t a lock down defender.
Its like saying "If Oni shoots 50% from corner 3 and people would still bitch that he isn't a NBA player" or "if Doke gets 15+15+5 blocks and people would still bitch that him is slow and fat”. I mean how do you know that?

If bogey averages 25 a night on good efficiency, I surely won't have any complains. Neither would there be any rumors on the Jazz wanting to trade him in the summer.

But in reality he had a 17ppg season on just average efficiency. If you didn't have a great season, fans would complain. Interesting how things work.

Last edited:
I think the fact that 99% of the fans hated watching guys spend their energy trying to get a whistle may have factored into it… also may have been that it makes the game choppy… or that it’s boring to watch guys shoot free throws… but you probably right… Adam silver sitting there in his office going “ someone tell me how to get rid of some of these ****ing points!”
Rule change on the whistle is to reduce the inflation on the scoreboard. Simple as that. Fans surely don't want to see low scoring games. But neither do that want to watch teams combine for over 300 points every night with nearly half of them scored from the free throw line. Silver won't flat out say “get rid of those ****ing point”. But he surely doesn't want to hear any complain about “soft” and “no defense” either.

Although I do think Bogey is a little overrated, it’s more about our glaring defensive needs and surplus of scoring that makes me want to deal.

Almost all of my reasoning for trading Bogey would also apply to the idea of trading Clarkson. Having both is a great luxury, but I think this team would be better off picking one or the other and addressing the defensive need.

IMO, Bogey would probably yield more on trade market so I would rather move him. Also, JC is freaking awesome. But if it came down to it I would also do the same type of trade, scorer for defender, if it had to be JC. I’m not married to the idea of trading Bogey, just the idea that we would be a better team with more defense.

I would also counter with saying that there is a reason why scoring hasn’t been an issue.
rob peter to pay paul. create a whole new problem to solve your old problem. what's the point. we had issues scoring the ball with Rubio/Crowder/Favors and couldn't get out of the second round. we now have issues staying in front of guys and still can't get out of the second round. talking about progress.

Last edited: