What's new

True Detective

Like, I'm still enjoying the show. The last episode was entertaining, but it all seems super basic where Season 1 had a grand feeling to it.

This just seems like the most basic police corruption story possible.

It's State of Play.

Writers cant even let Ray's last voice recording be sent to his son. No love for the only character who made the show watchable.

why did they insist every mumbles in a soft mysterious low voice. If i could have understood wtf they were saying half the time it might have been easier to follow.

On the plus side, Vince V is a lot better at drama than his endless lame comedies.

Here's to hoping for a rebound for season 3.

why did they insist every mumbles in a soft mysterious low voice. If i could have understood wtf they were saying half the time it might have been easier to follow.

On the plus side, Vince V is a lot better at drama than his endless lame comedies.

Uhh, what?

Vince V was pretty flat most of the show.

Here's to hoping for a rebound for season 3.

When I look back at Season 1, even the writing wasn't great for that season, it was just acted amazingly well.

I think the writer might just not be that good at writing for the 8 show format.

When I look back at Season 1, even the writing wasn't great for that season, it was just acted amazingly well.

I think the writer might just not be that good at writing for the 8 show format.

Even the writing wasn't that good?

Rofl. Okay.

When does season two start? The real season two. I'm convinced that was just a parody. The opening music. Farrell's mustache. Everyone trying to meta-speak and doing it like it's an SNL skit.

First season had some of the worst writing I've ever seen on HBO, as far as the plot is concerned. The whole thing was a gimmick based around McConaughey's character's eccentricity, which loses steam by the 4th episode. Consequently, I did not bother watching the second season.

Thought you'd all like to know that.

First season had some of the worst writing I've ever seen on HBO, as far as the plot is concerned. The whole thing was a gimmick based around McConaughey's character's eccentricity, which loses steam by the 4th episode. Consequently, I did not bother watching the second season.

Noted

No.

So the killer was part of some kind of white supremacist, Satan worshiping, witchcrafty, pedophile, cult? Is this plot based on a dare between two high-schoolers to create the most absurdly evil thing possible? Or did they just write down every terrible thing they could think of, then drew at random from a hat?

Some parts were good though. Like when people would watch the child murder video, and then go NOOOOOOOO. That always gave me a good laugh.

I also loved that last episode when he suddenly discovers the folly of his cynicism. Character development!

But it's better than Walking Dead. I'll give you that.

So the killer was part of some kind of white supremacist, Satan worshiping, witchcrafty, pedophile, cult? Is this plot based on a dare between two high-schoolers to create the most absurdly evil thing possible? Or did they just write down every terrible thing they could think of, then drew at random from a hat?

Some parts were good though. Like when people would watch the child murder video, and then go NOOOOOOOO. That always gave me a good laugh.

I also loved that last episode when he suddenly discovers the folly of his cynicism. Character development!

But it's better than Walking Dead. I'll give you that.

There are more people like that than you think. There was a loon in my neighborhood where I grew up that fits that description. Dude scared the **** out of me. He had swastika tattos and he used to yell that he was going to sick the devil on me. According to my parents: When his apartment was finally raided by the police. They found he had been cutting his daughter and drinking her blood. As well as a pentagram under his carpet painted in animal blood. He went to prison. She went into protective custody.

There are more people like that than you think. There was a loon in my neighborhood where I grew up that fits that description. Dude scared the **** out of me. He had swastika tattos and he used to yell that he was going to sick the devil on me. According to my parents: When his apartment was finally raided by the police. They found he had been cutting his daughter and drinking her blood. As well as a pentagram under his carpet painted in animal blood. He went to prison. She went into protective custody.

Yeah, I know that there are individuals with severe sociopathy and other forms of mental illness. It is unfortunate that someone like that is allowed to roam free long enough to have children and do that to them.

Yeah, I know that there are individuals with severe sociopathy and other forms of mental illness. It is unfortunate that someone like that is allowed to roam free long enough to have children and do that to them.

My parents apparently had been contacting DCFS and the police for months. Maybe the system has become more responsive since then but I really don't know.

True detective season 1 was awesome in every way.

The location/setting was way better too

So I watched the first 4 eps and didnt HATE HATE HATE them but they were clearly lacking. Is it worth it to finish the last 4? Or should I just watch the last 2?