What's new

Tyrone Corbin is now the head coach of the Sacramento Kings

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons · 37m 37 minutes ago
I love new NBA owners - they never disappoint. 1... 2... 3... TY CORBIN ROCKS!.

lolol

Haha.. I love Simmons... he's been quiet for literally weeks!!!! And then something like this happens and he's like an Energizer bunny springing up out of NO WHERE!!!!

Yeah. I don't see Ty stabbing Malone in the back. He proved to the NBA that he was loyal during his tenure in Utah. For all the bitching and complaining that goes on around here, the angst and hand wringing over the future of the Jazz is peanuts compared to that dumpster fire. I'd HATE to be a Kings fan. Semi-half tank is on in Sacramento. Go vets!

Yeah. I don't see Ty stabbing Malone in the back. He proved to the NBA that he was loyal during his tenure in Utah. For all the bitching and complaining that goes on around here, the angst and hand wringing over the future of the Jazz is peanuts compared to that dumpster fire. I'd HATE to be a Kings fan. Semi-half tank is on in Sacramento. Go vets!

They've at least got a star in Cousins though... we're still fishing for 1.

So, after hiring the guy that turned around a hopeless team and organization in less than two full seasons and without any major changes in the roster between last year's disaster and this year's competitive team, they're firing him? This was ownership's hire to begin with. WTF

So, after hiring the guy that turned around a hopeless team and organization in less than two full seasons and without any major changes in the roster between last year's disaster and this year's competitive team, they're firing him? This was ownership's hire to begin with. WTF

Different ownership, brother.

Good luck crobain.

do the kings have any incredibly old vets? prepare for the crap storm. LOL

He had D.carrol. one of the highest 3% in the league and an amazing defender... corbin barely used him
paul milsap has an increadibly under-rated 3 point shot. corbin told him to not shoot 3s....

tankathon tweet hahaha

"Oh, you think the tank is your ally, but you merely adopted the tank. I was born in it, molded by it." -Ty Corbin to Vivek job interview

i bet they have some candidates in mind for the job, but first they will give corbin a chance of course

Corbin's just a placeholder. Malone wouldn't have been fired under these circumstances if the owner didn't have specific candidates in mind.

What a bizarro turn of events. Good luck Ty. I think Cousins and the vets should really enjoy playing out the season.

Question: If Ty takes them to the playoffs, while Milsap & DMC lead Atlanta to the playoffs in the east, and Burke continues to be too short and slow. Does Dennis Lindsey start to sweat a little?

If not, should he?

Before Cousins went out it seemed like they may have had a chance for the playoffs.

I remember you nagging this prediction.

I thought it was silly and premature