What's new

Tyrone Corbin is now the head coach of the Sacramento Kings

tankathon tweet hahaha

"Oh, you think the tank is your ally, but you merely adopted the tank. I was born in it, molded by it." -Ty Corbin to Vivek job interview
Lol

Good luck crobain.

do the kings have any incredibly old vets? prepare for the crap storm. LOL

He had D.carrol. one of the highest 3% in the league and an amazing defender... corbin barely used him
paul milsap has an increadibly under-rated 3 point shot. corbin told him to not shoot 3s....

I'm not a Corbin supporter. And if you go by the negs I've received from a couple of his supporters, then I'd be considered one of his harshest and most vocal critics. However, your statement is simply revisionist history. DMC could NOT shoot 3's when he was in Utah. He was at less than 29%. And TBH, he wasn't an "amazing" defender. He was a high-energy guy who often took chances on defense. DMC averaged 17 mins/per and averaged 6 points. That was up from the previous season when he averaged 14.5 minutes. That's about what you would expect from a bench player. It wasn't until DMC started working with Quin that his shooting improved enough for him to become a starter.

As for Millsap, yes, I concede Paul shooting 3's may have been a good concept. But you have to remember Ty graduated from the Sloan school of basketball where the 3Pt'er is a gimmick. Besides, you need a big willing pass the ball out when he's doubled. The ball ONLY left Big Al's hands if he wanted to throw it back to the PG, reset his position and get a re-entry pass.

ISO COUSINS and ISO rudy damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn kingz for teh trophy

they will bust out our guyzzzzz

rudy gay even he sucks better than hayward

zuahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhısdyskgdıkhoejksghos xddddddd

AS for the firing, this is a terrible decision. And I hope the league office has voiced it's disapproval. They can't intervene, of course, but they can at least express their displeasure with Randive. Sacramento was 9-6 before Cousins went down - and that was with Gay and Collison both missing a couple of games. Cousins has been out with viral meningitis and the Kings have gone 2-7. No surprise there. How good have the Pacers been without George or what was the Thunder record without Durant? Whether due to Malone or not, Cousins has FINALLY grown up. Sacramento is middle of the league in terms of points per game. They're a top-5 rebounding team. When you have a FRANCHISE player (i.e. Cousons) you play to his strengths. This is not a team that all of a sudden can start running and gunning.

Cousins gonna get traded....

Malone and Cousins supported each other, Coach sticks up for his player when the team talks about trading him, so the coach gets the axe.

Cousins to Detroit? Charlotte? Boston?

For Josh Smith? Lance Stephenson? Rondo?

I'm not a Corbin supporter. And if you go by the negs I've received from a couple of his supporters, then I'd be considered one of his harshest and most vocal critics. However, your statement is simply revisionist history. DMC could NOT shoot 3's when he was in Utah. He was at less than 29%. And TBH, he wasn't an "amazing" defender. He was a high-energy guy who often took chances on defense. DMC averaged 17 mins/per and averaged 6 points. That was up from the previous season when he averaged 14.5 minutes. That's about what you would expect from a bench player. It wasn't until DMC started working with Quin that his shooting improved enough for him to become a starter.

As for Millsap, yes, I concede Paul shooting 3's may have been a good concept. But you have to remember Ty graduated from the Sloan school of basketball where the 3Pt'er is a gimmick. Besides, you need a big willing pass the ball out when he's doubled. The ball ONLY left Big Al's hands if he wanted to throw it back to the PG, reset his position and get a re-entry pass.
To add to this:

1. Utah was Carroll's 4th team in his first 2.5 years in the league. Dude was on his way out of the league before the Jazz picked him up. Corbin revived his career.

2. Millsap shot 20 3s through his first 4 season (IIRC all but one or two were buzzer beaters). He didn;t really start shooting from outside until his last year under Sloan/first year under Corbin.

Why would the Kings ownership fire him for playing slow? His best offensive players are Cousins and Gay. How the hell is this team going to play fast?

There was also tension over player personel. Ownership or/GM wanted Josh Smith and the coach was very much against it. A similar scenario might have played out when Rondo was rumoured to the Kings.

Ty will be more of a conformist for them to work their magic on this roster. Sadly for Ty I think he will replay what happened with his first HC job. Big roster moves soon after the old coach is out and an uncertain future.

Good luck Ty.

Corbin's just a placeholder. Malone wouldn't have been fired under these circumstances if the owner didn't have specific candidates in mind.

It's either someone else that he wants to poach from the Warriors (i.e. Mike Malone, Pete D'Allessandro, Chris Mullin), or he just wants a ****ing puppet. The dude is a maniac.

Here's another interesting article with new insight into some of the ridiculous ideas of Vivek(pushing Royce White into the team, attempts to acquire Josh Smith despite Malone disagreement, etc.) and how Malone's refusal to play along cost him his job:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-d...kings-and-coach-michael-malone-175201188.html

How Karl would deal with Ranadive will be fascinating, too. The owner played the part of a fantasy league owner, treating the Kings like a science experiment. He shared tactical experiences with Malone about coaching his child's youth team, and pressed him to consider playing four-on-five defense, leaking out a defender for cherry-picking baskets. Some semblance of that strategy is expected to be employed with Corbin now, a source told Yahoo Sports.

WOW!

So this begs the question, how long before Malone is back coaching either as an assistant or as a head coach? The guy really seems to have gotten some results despite what seems like constant turmoil around him.

Cousins gonna get traded....

Malone and Cousins supported each other, Coach sticks up for his player when the team talks about trading him, so the coach gets the axe.

Cousins to Detroit? Charlotte? Boston?

For Josh Smith? Lance Stephenson? Rondo?

Why not hire Malone as Quin's assistant and try to make a play for Cousins? He's used to playing in smaller market now so Utah shouldn't bother him.

The Jazz have an opening after their video coordinator/ developmental coach was fired a couple of weeks ago....

So it is leaking now that Corbin is expected to use the 4 on 5 defensive strategy that the owner wants to use because it worked for his child's ball team.

I applaud the move, the nba has become so boring with the spurs, 28 clones, and the Knicks. To heck with advanced metrics, make basketball fun again.

In fact, I want the jazz to try this. This roster is built for 4 on 5. Start favors, Gobert, Evans, Hayward and Burks. Alec is usually just standing around watching his team play defense, so move him into the backcourt as the designated cherry picker. His speed and athleticism will shine there and he can make free throws when the other team hacks him to death from behind.

The jazz four defenders will make it hard for anyone to score against their length and athleticism. Fun to watch it even for a few games.

So it is leaking now that Corbin is expected to use the 4 on 5 defensive strategy that the owner wants to use because it worked for his child's ball team.

I applaud the move, the nba has become so boring with the spurs, 28 clones, and the Knicks. To heck with advanced metrics, make basketball fun again.

This will go the way of the Wild Cat offense in the NFL, only with a shelf live about 100X shorter. It may make for some interesting highlights for a about a month or two but NBA teams will adapt and crush this within a season.