What's new

Tyrone Corbin is now the head coach of the Sacramento Kings

This will go the way of the Wild Cat offense in the NFL, only with a shelf live about 100X shorter. It may make for some interesting highlights for a about a month or two but NBA teams will adapt and crush this within a season.

Leaving my sarcasm behind, this would be interesting to watch in the short run, like all gimmicks. I think it would work against bad teams, and there are a lot of bad teams in the nba right now. Good teams like spurs, clippers, warriors, grizzlies would kill the defense.

I would like to see the coaches counters. Do they crash the boards with 5 every time? Does the player at top run back as soon as a shot is up? The NBA has become so monoculture that it is boring, a little risk, innovation and product innovation can spice things up.

****ing weird. How you going to fire a coach for under performing when his best player has been injured for most of the losses. Before Cousins went out it seemed like they may have had a chance for the playoffs.

Wonder if the owner is just butt-hurt that Stauskus isn't getting any minutes and sucking when they filmed a video where the owner clearly lobbied for him.
I freaking hope that's why.

But what's the odds Corbin plays him?

0%^^^^^^^

So Sacramento plays three home games this week...OKC, Milwaukee, and LAL. With all the strangeness and talk about 4 on 5 I bet their will be a lot of people tuning in.

He probably wanted Corbin because he thought "Not even the Kings would fire me midseason if this guy was going to take over."

LoL that is exactly what happened

After Malone's first season, there were discussions about letting him go. Those died down, but it was clear Malone would start this season on notice, and he did. Management didn't believe in Chris Jent as his top assistant, and went out on its own and interviewed two ex-head coaches, Alvin Gentry and Kurt Rambis, for the staff.

Malone suspected they were trying to hire his eventual successor, and pushed to get ex-Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin hired in the job.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LoL that is exactly what happened

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I smiled when I read that part. I also respect Alvin Gentry for expressing discomfort at the thought that he was being set up to replace Malone. Kudos to Corbin as well. One of the articles I read said that he was loyal to Malone throughout the clashes with management.

Honestly, this could be the best thing to happen to Ty. If he finds some success in having the Kings run an uptempo offense, that could open up future opportunities for him.

Ty Corbin back in the saddle again.

"Let's do a high five."

PR8imAA.gif

Things could be worse. We could be Kings fans.

I would like to see the coaches counters. Do they crash the boards with 5 every time? Does the player at top run back as soon as a shot is up? The NBA has become so monoculture that it is boring, a little risk, innovation and product innovation can spice things up.
They spread the floor and get wide open shots all game long. That's what happens.

LOL...

bald dude is the GM.

He wanted payton and then the owner came in like.....

AYE STAUSKU? STAUSKUS? YEPP OKAY! GO!

Best of luck, Mr. Corbin. When times get tough just remember:

"I never said it would be easy; I only said it would be worth it."
---quote from Jesus on a t-shirt I used to own

9-0 run by the opposition to start his career with the Kings. Of course, they're playing a healthy Thunder team so it's not that bad, I just thought it was funny.

Apparently Corbin's experience with the Jazz got him the Kings HC job..

Alex Kennedy retweeted
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 3m3 minutes ago

Vivek: “We want to move being able to have players highlight their own skills and improvise. The leader needs to be more of a jazz director"