What's new

Warriors, Jazz and Nuggets in sign-and-trade talks......

A second-round pick isn't worth helping the Warriors. And that's not me being spiteful, that's pure business. Them gaining their mid-level exception is HUGE for them since without it, they would pretty much be locked into the roster they already have.

I think you would agree that remains to be seen. I have been wowed by the moves of late and I can just feel/sense that a plan is being perfectly executed.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I trust the FO right now.

I missed that, all I can say is that what happened on Jazz's floor during Jimmer's rookie year is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen as a Jazz fan and zoobs everyone should've felt ashamed even if they weren't a part of it.

There are some trashy, classless Jazz fanz for sure. Covering their eyes at Fisher was another. Disgraceful and pathetic. If I was the owner I would have start booting people for acting that way.

I think you would agree that remains to be seen. I have been wowed by the moves of late and I can just feel/sense that a plan is being perfectly executed.

I am compeltely in the FOs pocket right now. Full speed ahead!

A MLE for a team that could be considered a contender is huge and that's amplified by the fact that they'll owe an unprotected pick in a great draft and right now have almost NO depth on the roster.

I am much more trusting of the organization right now and I typically don't believe the cons outweigh the pros when trading with a rival that still makes your own team better, but when an unprotected pick is in play, hurting that team suddenly becomes a real factor. And this is coming from a pick-junkie.

Jazz should at least get more for this. Like, Quincy Miller.

Also, it's likely the Warriors' additions from the addition of a(n) MLE would get them at least one win, and one win could easily be one slot in the draft, and one slot in the draft can be the difference between getting who you want and getting someone you're okay with. Bear in mind that had the Raptors (/Jazz) won the coin-toss in 2012, they would've picked 8th and missed Harrison Barnes by a slot.

This is me being conservative. Getting Nedovic gives them a shot at having a good backup PG (something they don't have right now) in addition to some potential depth in their big rotation (which they are also abjectly lacking, although I'd need to take a look over who's still on the market). Surely, such additions could swing what might be an otherwise close game to the Warriors favor. A couple of points in win differential over the course of a season can move you a lot of spaces. This extra spending ability could definitely swing several games for them.

Also, it's likely the Warriors' additions from the addition of a(n) MLE would get them at least one win, and one win could easily be one slot in the draft, and one slot in the draft can be the difference between getting who you want and getting someone you're okay with. Bear in mind that had the Raptors (/Jazz) won the coin-toss in 2012, they would've picked 8th and missed Harrison Barnes by a slot.

This is me being conservative. Getting Nedovic gives them a shot at having a good backup PG (something they don't have right now) in addition to some potential depth in their big rotation (which they are also abjectly lacking, although I'd need to take a look over who's still on the market). Surely, such additions could swing what might be an otherwise close game to the Warriors favor. A couple of points in win differential over the course of a season can move you a lot of spaces. This extra spending ability could definitely swing several games for them.

I hadn't considered it from this point of view. Realistically, this could swing the pick from the 18-22 range to the 22-26 range, so it's not that huge a deal, but I still hate to take the hit on the first rounder. I'll side with the mob and say I trust the FO.

Nice response. I'm still sticking with my blind faith in the FO.

I wouldn't devalue the trust they inspired in me by calling it "faith". :p

The FO has made a string of great decisions that can only be interpreted as the result of long-term vision and thorough planning and reflection. They earned my trust with their actions the same way Corbin earned my distrust with his mismanagement.

I wouldn't devalue the trust they inspired in me by calling it "faith". :p

The FO has made a string of great decisions that can only be interpreted as the result of long-term vision and thorough planning and reflection. They earned my trust with their actions the same way Corbin earned my distrust with his mismanagement.

That was beautiful.

Besides getting the 2nd round pick this also shows that the Jazz FO aren't Douches...

This can go along way when we need to move contracts or need a third team to get involved!!

It's a good Faith gesture!!!

Besides getting the 2nd round pick this also shows that the Jazz FO aren't Douches...

This can go along way when we need to move contracts or need a third team to get involved!!

It's a good Faith gesture!!!

I find your your naiveté very refreshing.

Isn't this a no brainer? We can get a free second round pick for letting randy foye go jack up shots on another team? Why is anyone bitching about us "helping" anyone? We are taking something from one team for free, a d giving another team a player who would take time from one of our young guys.

I find your your naiveté very refreshing.

KOC always talked about helping other GMs so when it's the Jazz's turn to come knocking the door swings open!!

ala Kyle Kover Trade with Phili!

Denver already has more wings than KFC: Fornier, Brewer, Hamilton, Quincy Miller, Chandler, Galinari....plus their combo guard Erick Green. Now Foye. Why don't they send one of those back to us. They can't carry all those guys.

I could see the Jazz doing this as a favor to Randy Foye. They had apparently talked about signing him for 3 years when they recruited him last year.
Nice line.

Obviously the Jazz are trying to accumulate all of GS' picks through the next millenium.
These 2nd rounders could be valuable in doing future deals. Always have to throw in something and we'll soon run out of cheap players we don't want to retain.

Seriously, though...it's a classy move by the Jazz to help Foye find a new team. He was only here one season, but they're doing him a solid. This is what great FO's do to build relationships with agents and other GM's and gain a reputation around the league as a top organization.

Isn't this a no brainer? We can get a free second round pick for letting randy foye go jack up shots on another team? Why is anyone bitching about us "helping" anyone? We are taking something from one team for free, a d giving another team a player who would take time from one of our young guys.

Because it would give a team that owes us an unprotected first rounder and has practically no depth $6 million+ to fill out their roster and improve their fail-safe options. Right now, the Warriors hopes live and die on the ankles of a PG that has seriously sprained his several times and had surgery several times and right now they don't have a backup PG. Their only center is Bogut who's rate of injury only seems to be increasing, and their only healthy big off the bench is Draymond Green (and that's provided that avid Lee is back in time from his injury). Iguodala also already has bad knees, is basically 30, and his game is predicated on his athleticism. There's real potential that the Warriors miss the playoffs. The key is depth, and even if everyone miraculously stays 100% for 82 games, that depth is still probably the difference of a few games.

This would also affect the value of the already-existing 2nd rounders that the Jazz are owed. I'm not even sure that one extra late 2nd rounder is worth it to make another 2nd rounder they owe us worse.

Karl Malone was brought in, in part, to play 2 minutes against the Warriors and place his foot under the foot of Curry. Book it.

KOC always talked about helping other GMs so when it's the Jazz's turn to come knocking the door swings open!!

ala Kyle Kover Trade with Phili!

Or the Boozer to Chicago sign and Trade that we then flipped for Al Jefferson.

Chicago certainly did not have to help us in that situation. I seem to remember reading an article about KOC and their GM having a history too.

Here's something that just came to mind: Maybe part of the mega-pick/salary dump negotiations was GS getting confirmation that the Jazz would play ball in helping GS get Iguodala in a S/T. Seems very possible, especially since the details on the 2nd rounders have been murky and that I've heard that it is two 2nd rounders and also heard that it was THREE second rounders. Maybe this is the key to the murkiness.

Or the Boozer to Chicago sign and Trade that we then flipped for Al Jefferson.

Chicago certainly did not have to help us in that situation. I seem to remember reading an article about KOC and their GM having a history too.

But the Bulls still got something and we didn't owe them an unprotected 1st rounder. But I can see the mentality.