What's new

Would you trade ...

FWIW:

The Magic have lost every game without Evan Fournier and the Jazz have a winning record without Rodney Hood.

Yeah I’m sure the Grizz are dying to make that deal.

Maybe? Gasol's value has tanked this year w/ how readily available big men are, his new "coach killer" label, his health, his 3pt shot seems to have been kind of fluky last year. If anything I think Phoenix is the one who scoffs at this deal.

I'm not sure the future is going to give the Grizzlies a better deal than a talented per minute center (Len), a talented rookie contract PF (Chriss), a mid first round pick (the Heat pick this year),

Chriss is busting hard, tho
Yeah, but what else could the Grizzlies possibly get for Gasol in the next few years? I just don't see his value as high right now w/ his contract and I don't see that value improving in the coming years. Grizzlies whole identity is taking guys labeled as bad eggs and turning them into guys people actually like and play well.

Seems like a near necessity to get out of at least one of Parsons, Gasol, or Conley deals.

Chriss might be so bad that his rookie salary will be a burden. They'd want picks, not busts.

But then again, IDK if they even want to trade him. Grizzlies are the type of team where multiple tanking seasons in a row might kill their franchise and move them to Seattle or Mexico City.

I think the Grizzlies should sell off all players ASAP. For sure. When was their ceiling...like, 3 years ago? They should have sold off and stocked the cupboards a long time ago.

I think the Grizzlies should sell off all players ASAP. For sure. When was their ceiling...like, 3 years ago? They should have sold off and stocked the cupboards a long time ago.

Agree... Gasol has been awful and is a few weeks away from that being considered a huge sign of decline imo... Conley's deal will not age well... move it while you can. They are going nowhere and I think they also owe a pick to Boston... not sure on protections.

They might lose the team in Memphis, but I'm not sure ownership really cares to stay there. RIP Grit and Grind.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yauk8hyh

Sixers also give the rights to Jonah Bolden and their first round pick this year to the Magic.

Pretty fair deal... could see both teams giving the okay on that one. Cuts into their cap space though and they may be able to get Avery Bradley or another option asset free.

I wondered if they would do Hood for their pick straight up. Maybe we take Bayless too. Would be cap neutral and they could add another guy and re-sign Hood or match what he gets.

Agree... Gasol has been awful and is a few weeks away from that being considered a huge sign of decline imo... Conley's deal will not age well... move it while you can. They are going nowhere and I think they also owe a pick to Boston... not sure on protections.

They might lose the team in Memphis, but I'm not sure ownership really cares to stay there. RIP Grit and Grind.
Oh there is no way they can move Conley this year. Basically impossible.

Pretty fair deal... could see both teams giving the okay on that one. Cuts into their cap space though and they may be able to get Avery Bradley or another option asset free.

I wondered if they would do Hood for their pick straight up. Maybe we take Bayless too. Would be cap neutral and they could add another guy and re-sign Hood or match what he gets.
The Jazz wouldn't do that lmao. Hood is worth more than a mid first round pick (I also expect the Sixers to start moving up in the standings).

The Jazz wouldn't do that lmao. Hood is worth more than a mid first round pick (I also expect the Sixers to start moving up in the standings).

I'd do it in a second... say top 10/12 protected. I don't think it is LMAO worthy at all even if the Jazz would not do it.

Hood is what he is.. a volume three point shooter who is fairly streaky... injury prone and doesn't do much else. I don't think I want any part of his next contract... get a pick for him and help the tank.

I don't see a leap in the cards for the guy and I think someone will pay for that non-existent leap. A pick from 12-20 is a solid return.

Oh there is no way they can move Conley this year. Basically impossible.
He'd have to come back healthy and play 20 or so games before the summer, but someone would trade for him if he was healthy... I guess that is part of his issue though... he's constantly hurt.