What's new

Would you trade ...

How is 13 not mid first round? Is 15 the only pick we can call mid first round(since 14 is also lotto)?

I think you could split it into thirds and just say 1-10 beginning 11-20 middle 21-30 end. This is just Cymantics.

I'd do it in a second... say top 10/12 protected. I don't think it is LMAO worthy at all even if the Jazz would not do it.

Hood is what he is.. a volume three point shooter who is fairly streaky... injury prone and doesn't do much else. I don't think I want any part of his next contract... get a pick for him and help the tank.

I don't see a leap in the cards for the guy and I think someone will pay for that non-existent leap. A pick from 12-20 is a solid return.
Just look at the list of players who had a jump in usage in their 4th year, struggled, then took a step forward in their 5th. Way too early to give up on Hood. People being scared of his next contract are weird. Look at the cap-room available and look at how many UFA are available for teams to get. There will be so little cap-space, teams will just opt for going for more bargain style deals ala what Utah did this past off-season. I really don't think Hood is going to get anything more than 15 million, at the very most.

I think you could split it into thirds and just say 1-10 beginning 11-20 middle 21-30 end. This is just Cymantics.
The 13th pick is not a mid first rounder. I have never heard anyone refer to lottery picks that way. You say "late lottery". Mid first is anything between 15-22. I expect the Sixers to finish closer to 22 than 15.

Catch Hood on the right night, and he looks like a star -- raining 3-pointers, and dropping in soft, old-school lefty floaters. He makes you forget all the other nights when he goes 2-of-7 on those tough midrange looks.

Only 11 percent of Hood's shots have come within four feet of the hoop, a career-low, and a mark that puts him in the 9th percentile among wing players, per Cleaning The Glass. His tendency to settle deflates his free throw attempts and passing numbers. You can't drive-and-kick if you abort drives before drawing extra help. Hood averages less than two assists per game -- a teensy number for a wing who has the ball so much.

He has more in him. When he takes that one extra dribble deep into the paint, Hood unlocks more options, and serves up some canny interior passes:

You can see him pause to contemplate his pet floater before prodding for something better. Hood is already shooting 39 percent from deep. He tries on defense, and he's big enough to bully smaller guys in the paint. This extra dribble is the missing piece.

Stop giving up on Hood by trying to sell him off for middling draft pick or a lower potential version of himself. Hood has another step and is going to be cheap next year.

Just look at the list of players who had a jump in usage in their 4th year, struggled, then took a step forward in their 5th. Way too early to give up on Hood. People being scared of his next contract are weird. Look at the cap-room available and look at how many UFA are available for teams to get. There will be so little cap-space, teams will just opt for going for more bargain style deals ala what Utah did this past off-season. I really don't think Hood is going to get anything more than 15 million, at the very most.

Pretty sure you said he'd get max money a month or so ago. Unless he gets hurt, which is a real possibility, he will get more than 15M a year. There are enough teams with space and that can manufacture space to get the guy paid.

I know you think he's Bradley Beal, but you can't ignore that Beal was 3-4 years younger than Hood before his leap.

Our bargains style deals were all guys in their 30s or close to it.

Pretty sure you said he'd get max money a month or so ago. Unless he gets hurt, which is a real possibility, he will get more than 15M a year. There are enough teams with space and that can manufacture space to get the guy paid.

I know you think he's Bradley Beal, but you can't ignore that Beal was 3-4 years younger than Hood before his leap.

Our bargains style deals were all guys in their 30s or close to it.
I never said he would get max money lmao

I've also never said he was Beal, he just has similarities to him statistically in terms of development and play style.

And yes, teams will be going after the UFA deals instead of the RFA deals this year.

And yes, teams will be going after the UFA deals instead of the RFA deals this year.

Ummm based on what? There is less space but i could see Indiana, Atlanta, Dallas, Philly all willing to make an offer exceeding $15M a year. He's a youngish vet wing... less space hurts for sure, but those guys almost all get overpaid.

Haven't been reading this thread, so sorry if this has been discussed already, but the Magic are rumored to be looking to unload three of their core players, Evan Fournier being one of them. He'd fit great in Utah, and as much as I don't like it, this would be a good way to move Mitchell to pg. this would put Rubio on the bench, that alone would help our offense, and give Rubio a boost playing against lesser players. Is he worth a lotto pick? He's only 25 yrs old and Taylor made for the jazz offense, and Gobert has already expressed interest in EF playing here.

What would it take to get him

Haven't been reading this thread, so sorry if this has been discussed already, but the Magic are rumored to be looking to unload three of their core players, Evan Fournier being one of them. He'd fit great in Utah, and as much as I don't like it, this would be a good way to move Mitchell to pg. this would put Rubio on the bench, that alone would help our offense, and give Rubio a boost playing against lesser players. Is he worth a lotto pick? He's only 25 yrs old and Taylor made for the jazz offense, and Gobert has already expressed interest in EF playing here.

What would it take to get him
Maybe make it a lotto protected pick this year and if they don't get it this year they get it no matter what next year.

Burks, Udoh, 2nd round pick (from JJ or Favs Trade)

For

Shumpert, Osman

Why?

Burks and Shump counter each other. Both probably just need a new environment and Wade has always been high on Burks. He needs an opportunity somewhere else and we can see what Quin can do with Shump.

Cavs needs help with rim protection and Udoh is the best theyll get with what they can spend.

Jazz need young talent.

Bradley gets back up mins at Centre.

For

Shumpert, Osman
I like the idea of selling Udoh high but I don't think Cleveland has any interest in Burks

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

They have no interest in Shump.

Basically its Udoh + 2nd for Osman and each team gets a lucky dip for their trouble.

Burks could appeal to the Cavs, he is a playmaking, scoring wing.

For

Shumpert, Osman

Why?

Burks and Shump counter each other. Both probably just need a new environment and Wade has always been high on Burks. He needs an opportunity somewhere else and we can see what Quin can do with Shump.

Cavs needs help with rim protection and Udoh is the best theyll get with what they can spend.

Jazz need young talent.

Bradley gets back up mins at Centre.

You’ve seen Burks right... he’s awful.

I’m guessing that Cavs have seen him too.

AB is just so weird... he’s regressing so hard mentally right now... and his shot is crooked right now. It’s not great.

Don't think the Jazz can sell high on Udoh. He is a plus/minus beast and if the Jazz want to be good next year, he will be a key piece in that. It's not like centers are getting value back too, so no one is giving up a ton to get Udoh, might as well keep him.

Don't think the Jazz can sell high on Udoh. He is a plus/minus beast and if the Jazz want to be good next year, he will be a key piece in that. It's not like centers are getting value back too, so no one is giving up a ton to get Udoh, might as well keep him.

Are we really going to be good next year though? Just let Bradley play behind Rudy, he'll have another offseason under his belt.

Osman could be nice.