What's new

Would you trade ...

Also, it would be hilarious to see Oubre's reaction because he strikes me as a guy who'd rather die than live in Utah.

Jazz receive: Nikola Mirotic
Bucks receive: Derrick Favors
Bulls receive: Mirza Teletovic and the Bucks 2019 1st

We all know why the Jazz do it.

The Bucks do it because they receive the true defensive minded center that they currently lack. Without giving up a whole lot. They need to start winning to keep Giannis around. Picks aren't going to help you win as much as vets are.

The Bulls do it because they get the pick they wanted for Mirotic. They also get Teletovic who can step right into Nikola's old role as a stretch 4 off the bench.

Also, it would be hilarious to see Oubre's reaction because he strikes me as a guy who'd rather die than live in Utah.

The Bucks do it because they receive the true defensive minded center that they currently lack. Without giving up a whole lot. They need to start winning to keep Giannis around. Picks aren't going to help you win as much as vets are.

The Bulls do it because they get the pick they wanted for Mirotic. They also get Teletovic who can step right into Nikola's old role as a stretch 4 off the bench.
I dont think Bucks are in "give up picks" mode yet.

I don't think its the worst trade Cy, but I don't think Washington bites. The trade does nothing to address their current luxury issues. And the trade doesn't make them better. It saves them some money next year only if Hood makes around $12 million.

As for us, why would we want to pay Gortat $10+ if we have Gobert, Udoh and Bradley?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hood + 2019 1st for Saric?

76s: They want to make playoffs, Reddick is out for 2-4 weeks. Hood is the ideal SG for them and would be the smallest guy in their starting line up at 6'8!

Jazz: Im not sold on Mirotic or Jabari as our stretch 4 target. Saric is young, healthy and can do everything.

Bucks can’t trade their pick they owe one to Phoenix. Best you could do is 2020 or later.

I think the Jazz should be focused on getting Aaron Gordon. I think his skill set, energy, and timeline (he is only 22) aligns great with this team.

The problem is Orlando is reluctant to trade him. That being said, do you think we could get him, and if so, what would it take? (Let's assume the Jazz are unwilling to trade Gobert, Mitchell, and Quin).
I would offer Favors, Hood & this year's 1st in exchange for Gordon and Biyombo's terrible contract.
Orland gets cap flexibility, a possible SG of the future (will have Hood's RFA rights), and a pick that is likely to be 10 to 20.
Jazz get a young PF that fits GREAT with Gobert (on both sides of the floor) and Mitchell (offensively).

I think the Jazz should be focused on getting Aaron Gordon. I think his skill set, energy, and timeline (he is only 22) aligns great with this team.

The problem is Orlando is reluctant to trade him. That being said, do you think we could get him, and if so, what would it take? (Let's assume the Jazz are unwilling to trade Gobert, Mitchell, and Quin).
I would offer Favors, Hood & this year's 1st in exchange for Gordon and Biyombo's terrible contract.
Orland gets cap flexibility, a possible SG of the future (will have Hood's RFA rights), and a pick that is likely to be 10 to 20.
Jazz get a young PF that fits GREAT with Gobert (on both sides of the floor) and Mitchell (offensively).

No, they are not trading him for that package or anything we are willing to offer.

No, they are not trading him for that package or anything we are willing to offer.
That is too bad. For what it is worth, I think it is also a mistake. They have Isaac who is the 4 of the future, meaning if they want to play both together one of them will have to be out of position (that hasn't worked well with Gordon in the past).

Bucks can’t trade their pick they owe one to Phoenix. Best you could do is 2020 or later.

You're correct. I forgot that they traded their 2018 first to Phoenix for Bledsoe so they can't trade their 2019 first due to the Stepian rule. I think 2020 would still work for that trade. I'd be okay with the Jazz throwing their 2018 2nd to Chicago as sweetner.

At this point, I just want something to happen. As soon as Gobert comes back, Favors might lose value. Burks isnt even getting into the game. JoeJ only has value to a select few other than as an expiring.

At this point, I just want something to happen. As soon as Gobert comes back, Favors might lose value. Burks isnt even getting into the game. JoeJ only has value to a select few other than as an expiring.

I wonder if the Jazz just shut Favs down when Gobert gets back if that would affect his trade value at all... he’d be rested... not like he has a lot to prove.

Would we have interest in Kemba Walker? http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22152521/charlotte-hornets-open-trading-kemba-walker

Marvin Williams recently spoke highly of his time in Utah. Maybe this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yatql8y8

Hornets get Rubio, Burks, Thabo and Hood
Jazz get Kemba, Marvin and Kidd-Gilchrist

Why for Hornets - they want to use Kemba to clear up their cap. If they do this trade, they dump $37+ million in salaries for 2019 which is also the same summer Dwight comes off their books. Hood played at Duke and might be somebody they keep for the long term.

Why for us: Kemba and Mitchell would be a very hard backcourt to defend. Marvin is shooting 46% from 3 this year and would make for a great stretch 4. With our potent backcourt, we are going to need great wing defenders like Kidd-Gilchrist. Marvin said he loved his time in Utah. Maybe he helps convince Kemba to stay long term.

Would we have interest in Kemba Walker? http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22152521/charlotte-hornets-open-trading-kemba-walker

Marvin Williams recently spoke highly of his time in Utah. Maybe this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yatql8y8

Hornets get Rubio, Burks, Thabo and Hood
Jazz get Kemba, Marvin and Kidd-Gilchrist

Why for Hornets - they want to use Kemba to clear up their cap. If they do this trade, they dump $37+ million in salaries for 2019 which is also the same summer Dwight comes off their books. Hood played at Duke and might be somebody they keep for the long term.

Why for us: Kemba and Mitchell would be a very hard backcourt to defend. Marvin is shooting 46% from 3 this year and would make for a great stretch 4. With our potent backcourt, we are going to need great wing defenders like Kidd-Gilchrist. Marvin said he loved his time in Utah. Maybe he helps convince Kemba to stay long term.

Oh man. Id already made a thread for you..

What would Charlotte give up to swallow Dwight’s contract?