What's new

Would you trade ...

Ok so whats the deal with trade exceptions? Cavs have 4... does that mean they can trade away more salary than they bring in?
The CBA has changed a bit but previously you could add your trade exception to your deal to take back more salary.

The CBA has changed a bit but previously you could add your trade exception to your deal to take back more salary.
They don't give 'their' trade exception. A trade exception is generated when more salary goes out than comes in. Not sure LT teams get those.

For a team accepting more salary than the wiggle room given, a contract has to fit within a given trade exception, exceptions can't be added together and the Jazz don't have one, anyway.

They don't give 'their' trade exception. A trade exception is generated when more salary goes out than comes in. Not sure LT teams get those.

For a team accepting more salary than the wiggle room given, a contract has to fit within a given trade exception, exceptions can't be added together and the Jazz don't have one, anyway.
Yeah, I think you misread me.

What about Dragan Bender? He isnt playing that well yet but he is still very young. moves decent and can shoot the three.

Is Phoenix willing to give him up? Is he a good fit next to Gobert?

Who says no to Hood and some salary like McCree for Bender?

What about Dragan Bender? He isnt playing that well yet but he is still very young. moves decent and can shoot the three.

I prefer Jonathan Bender:

bender-12-13a.jpg

Or even just John Bender:

e2b81545cab4e3fdfed5b5a3e9574693.jpg

Would love to have Bender for Hood. Not sure Phoenix would do it, they'd have to have given up on him, basically.

Would love to have Bender for Hood. Not sure Phoenix would do it, they'd have to have given up on him, basically.
Yeah, I am not sure how Phoenix views him. I guess if they want to start winning next year is why they would make the move. They seem to like Chriss more than Bender at the PF spot.

I think they think Booker is more of a ball dominant player that can be their PG. They could put Hood next to him or even at SF.

Dunc'd On Podcast talks about the Jazz on their Trade Deadline podcast at 1:16:30

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdo...e-look-ahead-atlantic-and-northwest-divisions

If they move on from Hood, Favors, and Exum, they'll have 17mil in space. And if they move on from Jerebko and Udoh as well, they have 25mil in space. Half of this roster could be traded, depending on what they choose to do.

They see essentially everyone being potential suitors for Hood since everybody wants more wings. But they single out Phoenix because they have a ton of picks, need shooters, and don't need another 18 year old draft pick. Phoenix owns their own pick (currently 6th), Milwaukee's pick (if it lands between 11 and 16), and Miami's (currently 23rd).

Atlanta also has a couple late firsts as well. In addition to their own pick, they own a lottery protected first from Minny (currently 26th), and Houston's pick (currently 29th). Philly kinda sorta. Bulls might do Hood for Mirotic, even though his game is redundant with LaVine. They mention Indiana needing a bench scorer, and Dallas as well.

Basically, if you're a team that's rebuilding, then your first is too good for Hood. And if you're a bad team that's capped out, then his Bird Rights might be worth it to you.

Favors's Bird Rights have value to teams, but no teams are aching for bigs. If you're a capped team, you're not interested in him. The Bucks could use him, but they're out a pick from the Bledsoe deal. Thunder could use him but they don't have the assets.

Could also try to trade Jerebko/Udoh/Thabo for bad salary to maybe get a 1st rounder. Or a theoretical trade like taking on Darrell Arthur and getting someone like Hernangomez.

Utah could have 25mil in space next year, and if they really needed to create more space they could stretch Burks or trade him away, and now could be the time to strike in free agency since they could be one of the only teams with max space. Utah can be the facilitator in 3 team deals and they should have their hands in every convo since they're one of the only teams with expiring money and might not desire to be a capped team next year.

If Utah stays a capped team next year, 2019 is the year for them to spend since Rubio and Burks come off the books and Ingles's contract declines. So they could trade Hood/Johnson/Favors and take on money for next year, and then clear the books for 2019.

Dunc'd On Podcast talks about the Jazz on their Trade Deadline podcast at 1:16:30

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdo...e-look-ahead-atlantic-and-northwest-divisions

If they move on from Hood, Favors, and Exum, they'll have 17mil in space. And if they move on from Jerebko and Udoh as well, they have 25mil in space. Half of this roster could be traded, depending on what they choose to do.

They see essentially everyone being potential suitors for Hood since everybody wants more wings. But they single out Phoenix because they have a ton of picks, need shooters, and don't need another 18 year old draft pick. Phoenix owns their own pick (currently 6th), Milwaukee's pick (if it lands between 11 and 16), and Miami's (currently 23rd).

Atlanta also has a couple late firsts as well. In addition to their own pick, they own a lottery protected first from Minny (currently 26th), and Houston's pick (currently 29th). Philly kinda sorta. Bulls might do Hood for Mirotic, even though his game is redundant with LaVine. They mention Indiana needing a bench scorer, and Dallas as well.

Basically, if you're a team that's rebuilding, then your first is too good for Hood. And if you're a bad team that's capped out, then his Bird Rights might be worth it to you.

Favors's Bird Rights have value to teams, but no teams are aching for bigs. If you're a capped team, you're not interested in him. The Bucks could use him, but they're out a pick from the Bledsoe deal. Thunder could use him but they don't have the assets.

Could also try to trade Jerebko/Udoh/Thabo for bad salary to maybe get a 1st rounder. Or a theoretical trade like taking on Darrell Arthur and getting someone like Hernangomez.

Utah could have 25mil in space next year, and if they really needed to create more space they could stretch Burks or trade him away, and now could be the time to strike in free agency since they could be one of the only teams with max space. Utah can be the facilitator in 3 team deals and they should have their hands in every convo since they're one of the only teams with expiring money and might not desire to be a capped team next year.

If Utah stays a capped team next year, 2019 is the year for them to spend since Rubio and Burks come off the books and Ingles's contract declines. So they could trade Hood/Johnson/Favors and take on money for next year, and then clear the books for 2019.

Nice. Must be just out aye? Ive been waiting all weekend to listen.

This being said, if we want to spend in 2018 free agency, could you see a deal being made with the Pelicans? Something like Hood for Frank Jackson and Tony Allen OR Jameer Nelson (to make salaries match, and they're both expiring) and their first rounder? This might be an overpay for Hood. Or if we wanted to take on some salary, something involving Asik/Ajinca/Young player/1st rounder for Favors. I dunno, I'm just throwing out hypotheticals of deals that would give us cap space to spend in 2018 vs deals that would give us money to spend in 2019.

Good news is we don’t need to max Mitchell until 2022. Gobert’s next extension is a year before that.

Back to "would you trade"...

Hood, Burks, and Favors
for
Ilyasova, Belinelli, Muscala, Babbitt, Delaney, and Minnesota's 2018 1st
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yadhcsnw

Why for Atlanta - they need quality players more than 2 really late 1sts. Hood is much better than any guy they can get with Minny's 1st. Favors is a local product and could be a franchise C for the next 5 years. Burks is not all bad for an East team who needs help. They could still tank this year and be a playoff team next year with these additions.

Why for us: Ilyasova, Babbitt, Belinelli and Delaney are expirings. Maybe Ilyasova and Belinelli are worth keeping around, but we get a few months to try that out. Muscala is only owed $5 next year. So we clear off Burks and get a late 1st rounder. Its not a major haul, but it clears up $7 million (Burks over Muscala) and maybe Ilyasova and/or Belinelli end up fitting well.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Back to "would you trade"...

Hood, Burks, and Favors
for
Ilyasova, Belinelli, Muscala, Babbitt, Delaney, and Minnesota's 2018 1st
Question: I don't really know the trade rules that well, but would we have to cut two guys to make this happen? Obviously we could cut Muscala and Delaney (for example), but do we need roster spots to take them on in the first place?

Question: I don't really know the trade rules that well, but would we have to cut two guys to make this happen? Obviously we could cut Muscala and Delaney (for example), but do we need roster spots to take them on in the first place?

I'm fairly certain you can trade for more players than you send. You would have to honor their contracts if you decide to waive them or somebody on the current roster before making them part of your roster. For example for how it would work for the trade I mentioned; we would likely waive 2 of these 3: Delaney, Babbitt and Niang. We would keep Muscala because he is under contract for next season for $5 million. So we would add Muscala, Belinelli and Ilyasova essentially for Burks, Favors and Hood.

Lots of rules to look through here... http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q90

How many teams will have room to offer a Max next year? Trading for a young rfa might be a safer bet this year than most. Who will have to to offer Parker a big contract?