What's new

Would you trade ...

Players will definitely still sign there, they are the Lakers and money is money to a lot of players. But poor management and treatment of players will hurt you in the long run.

I get what you're saying that money is definitely a factor but... they're not necessarily screwing him over money wise. He is getting all his guaranteed money (plus some with the extension that he would agree to).

I still think the Lakers consider giving up a bit if they can get rid of Deng in the process. Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma are probably off the table though.

I know some of you dont like the guy, but I think Julius Randle would be a great player for us. He would be fantastic as part of a 7 or 8 man playoffs rotation due to his versatility.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I still think the Lakers consider giving up a bit if they can get rid of Deng in the process. Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma are probably off the table though.

I know some of you dont like the guy, but I think Julius Randle would be a great player for us. He would be fantastic as part of a 7 or 8 man playoffs rotation due to his versatility.

If those 3 are off the table, then so is taking on Deng's contract.

If those 3 are off the table, then so is taking on Deng's contract.

You are probably right. An unprotected 2020 1st and Randle sounds solid, but the uncertainty of Randle's next deal and the Lakers being potentially strong by 2020 really doesn't make Deng worth it.

If they are patient, they could be looking at a lineup of Lonzo, Paul George, Ingram and Kuzma next year with potential to add another superstar next summer or summer 2019. If they could convince Boogie to come to LA, that's a scary team.

And it's not even close. That murders the Jazz's ability to play the market.

I agree, but what market are we actually going to play in? More than likely, we will pay to bring back Hood and Exum this summer. With Rubio and Burks having a year left at over $25 million combined, we won't have the cap room necessary to add anybody in 2018. So that brings us to summer 2019 when a ton of teams will have cap space.

I think our best bet of adding another substantial piece is via trade or the draft. But of course Deng and a 2020 first are neither....

And we wouldn't have a big to pair him with. And LA would say "no" if for no other reason than salary.

I would (have) love(d) to have Kuzma.
No big to pair him with if the deal included the young and talented Bosnian Beast Zubac.
Yeah, ok, guy.

Another day, another idea:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yddlszfr
Cavs get Favors
Blazers get a 2nd rounder from us
Jazz get Frye (expiring dump), Ed Davis (expiring dump), Cedi Osman (player with potential), Portland's 2018 1st (lottery protected), Cleveland's 2018 1st

Why for Cavs - they get a good option for center. Love can rotate back to PF. Their first will be low and they don't have time to develop Osman. There are already rumors that the Cavs might send the Brooklyn pick for D'Andre Jordan. This is a much, much smarter trade for the short and long term.

Why for Portland - they are $3 million over the luxury right now. If they don't avoid the luxury, they will be massive tax payers. Losing a non-lottery pick is worth it for them to avoid the tax.

Why for us - Favors is gone anyway. But being clever enough to pick up 2 1st rounders and a player with potential in Osman is a win for us. We would have 3 first rounders to play with come draft time.

Another day, another idea:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yddlszfr
Cavs get Favors
Blazers get a 2nd rounder from us
Jazz get Frye (expiring dump), Ed Davis (expiring dump), Cedi Osman (player with potential), Portland's 2018 1st (lottery protected), Cleveland's 2018 1st

Why for Cavs - they get a good option for center. Love can rotate back to PF. Their first will be low and they don't have time to develop Osman. There are already rumors that the Cavs might send the Brooklyn pick for D'Andre Jordan. This is a much, much smarter trade for the short and long term.

Why for Portland - they are $3 million over the luxury right now. If they don't avoid the luxury, they will be massive tax payers. Losing a non-lottery pick is worth it for them to avoid the tax.

Why for us - Favors is gone anyway. But being clever enough to pick up 2 1st rounders and a player with potential in Osman is a win for us. We would have 3 first rounders to play with come draft time.
Crowder, Love, or bust.

The only pick is trade Favors for is Denver’s.

Channing Fry would actually be pretty good for the rest of the year, though. Maybe I do it. Find a way to throw Rubio in.

Channing Fry would actually be pretty good for the rest of the year, though. Maybe I do it. Find a way to throw Rubio in.

4 team trades are extremely difficult and highly unlikely. However, here we go...
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8q5zbpa
Cavs get Favors
Blazers get a 2nd rounder from Utah and from Phoenix
Suns get Rubio and Noah Vonleh
Jazz get Monroe (expiring), Frye (expiring), Calderon (expiring PG), Osman, Cleveland's 2018 1st rounder

Cavs get their big for Osman and a 1st.
Blazers get out from underneath the tax and keep their 1st.
Suns get Rubio and Vonleh for expiring Monroe
Jazz get out from Rubio, a better fit expiring PG, promising Osman and a late first rounder.

Here is an idea:

Wiz get Rubio
We get Oubre, Mahinmi, Sheldon Mac (nonguaranteed) and the Wiz 2018 1st

Why for Wiz - they are $5.8 over the luxury tax and are projected to be well over next year too. This trade allows them to avoid repeater tax hell. Mahinmi is one of the worst NBA contracts. Oubre is promising, but the Wiz cant afford to keep him. And lastly, Rubio might fare well in their faster tempo team.

Why for us - Rubio isnt working. Oubre could be really good. We aren't going to be able to do much with cap space anyway. The first is another asset.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb5cz35h

Reggie Jackson is out for 6-8 weeks. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ggie-jackson-ankle-sprain-evaluated-6-8-weeks
Should we offer them Rubio?

How about this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y88l9agv
Rubio for Kennard, Marjanovic, Moreland (nonguaranteed contract), and some other minor asset (maybe the chance to switch firsts sometime between now and 2020)?

Kennard is a promising young shooter but Rubio keeps their play off hopes alive.

They only teams I could see wanting Rubio would be NY and Phoenix.

I can’t see anyone really wanting him as a backup.

With Rubio we would be lucky to get off of his money... an expiring for Rubio is likely as good as it gets.