What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

The weirdest **** to me about this team is in the rare moments where the Jazz decided to just out right give Rudy the ball, it's posted up outside the restricted area.

Still strange as **** to me that the go-to thing hasnt been testing his jump shot when that's really his only potential area for significant offensive improvement.

Good question. Does Wiggins count? He went from total greenlight in Minny to having to fit in GS. I don't know his numbers, but he might be an example.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Wiggins may have been told he had the green light in Minny but there was a disconnected wire there somewhere.

More respect to Kerr.

I tried to hate that guy 10 years ago until I realized I like him.

Dude's dad was assassinated.

He's someone to listen to imo.

Wiggins may have been told he had the green light in Minny but there was a disconnected wire there somewhere.

More respect to Kerr.

I tried to hate that guy 10 years ago until I realized I like him.

Dude's dad was assassinated.

He's someone to listen to imo.
Wiggins is kind of a moron. Making him look competent in the Warriors system is kind of a culture/coaching master class... though his recent struggles are taking some of the shine away.

Truly not sure why any of you are excited about watching this team in a playoff series lol. They suck. They’re uninspiring. They have “leaders” and a star who have created an entirely toxic and unaccountable culture. They are not contenders in any way shape or form. This iteration of the team is cooked, and we may as well get on with what is going to be a lot more jolting offseason than most currently realize. This is one of the most miserable jokes of a Jazz team I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching, and I’ll be glad to throw the giant man child away who ruined it and is the reason the team moral and culture is what it is now.

Mitchell has changed. I don't blame the kid.

I'm not talking about his skills too.
He changed and destroyed the culture, accountability, and atmosphere of the team and franchise. His antics, his arrogant nature, and childish behavior has created a team culture that is toxic and terrible. Because at heart, he’s toxic and terrible.

He changed and destroyed the culture, accountability, and atmosphere of the team and franchise. His antics, his arrogant nature, and childish behavior has created a team culture that is toxic and terrible. Because at heart, he’s toxic and terrible.

lmao I feel this is just projection at this point. You so clearly hate yourself that you're now casting your own miserable existence on him.

lmao I feel this is just projection at this point. You so clearly hate yourself that you're now casting your own miserable existence on him.
Okay TheJazzyUte but I will never have the displeasure of being as miserable as you and your Twitter feed generally are.

Anyway, much of the teams culture is on him, and Rudy. Nothing he’s done has breed a good culture for the franchise or team over the past 2 years and it’s actually been quite the opposite. He’s made everything about him, let every rumor and headline fly, created all sorts of drama, and can’t hold his own defense accountable let alone the guys in his own clique within the team. Donovan’s a good teammate…..to certain teammates. Royce? You bet. He’d never hold Royce accountable though. Trent Forrest? A Donovan favorite. And never going to be worth a minute in the playoffs. When the entire team can see how catered to and babied one dude is, it doesn’t create a good culture, it creates a passive aggressive toxic culture and he epitomizes it.

He attacked Ukraine and cancelled Community and insisted on writing the screenplays to the Star Wars prequels himself and tried to steal the presidential election and killed John Wick's dog, too.

The body language has been bad recently and they just look like they're having zero fun in most games this season...which in turn makes it no fun to watch. This season is easily in my top 3 for most disappointing Jazz seasons.

The body language has been bad recently and they just look like they're having zero fun in most games this season...which in turn makes it no fun to watch. This season is easily in my top 3 for most disappointing Jazz seasons.
I think it’s the result of the last few failed drafts. We have a lot of shooters on this team but very few energy guys. We should’ve drafted bane instead of Doka. And taking butler instead of Herb Jones was a major miss. Other than Pascal, who consistently can give the jazz hustle/energy?

He attacked Ukraine and cancelled Community and insisted on writing the screenplays to the Star Wars prequels himself and tried to steal the presidential election and killed John Wick's dog, too.
I have to admit this made me actually laugh lol

I think it’s the result of the last few failed drafts. We have a lot of shooters on this team but very few energy guys. We should’ve drafted bane instead of Doka. And taking butler instead of Herb Jones was a major miss. Other than Pascal, who consistently can give the jazz hustle/energy?

That should absolutely be Royce's role, but for whatever reason he just doesn't fill it. He has the lowest offensive usage in the entire NBA so he's not using his energy there. He should be getting offensive rebounds, diving on the floor for loose balls, playing hard-nosed defense, making momentum swinging plays, etc. He should be our energy/hustle guy, but often times he's mostly invisible out there.

That should absolutely be Royce's role, but for whatever reason he just doesn't fill it. He has the lowest offensive usage in the entire NBA so he's not using his energy there. He should be getting offensive rebounds, diving on the floor for loose balls, playing hard-nosed defense, making momentum swinging plays, etc. He should be our energy/hustle guy, but often times he's mostly invisible out there.
When was the last time we had that from Royce? When was the last time we had any juice from anyone on this roster? The closest things we have are pascal and Forest. Forrest is too limited offensively and for some reason Gay continues to play over pascal. We really needed some good drafts in the last two years to put this aging team over the top. Instead, we got Doka who can’t stay healthy and butler who essentially duplicates what we already had in Conley, Clarkson, and Mitchell.

Why we didn’t take bane and why we didn’t take herb jones is beyond me.

Leadership (Quin, Rudy, Donovan) have created a miserable and toxic team culture. They’ve looked miserable all year because they are miserable. This team lost any ability to stay together through rough times in March of 2020 when one guy decided to throw a complete fit and leave his most important teammate under a bus for months. How on earth could there ever be any trust there ever again in rough moments? If things are going bad or get difficult this team folds entirely. It’s time to break it up, and probably time for a new coach if that’s the case because I don’t think Quin wants what comes with breaking it all down again. Either trade everyone, or trade Donovan for some pieces and assets that can make something moving forward possible, because as it stands now there’s no hope for this pathetic iteration of the Jazz. Not even they think they’re going to make a decent playoff run. We see it and so do they. They don’t even believe in themselves and it’s obvious lol.

The other stuff ok fine, but cancelling community? That's unforgivable.