What's new

Mitchell will romp to the ROY award...

And if our guys could make the wide-open shots off Donovan's perfect passes he'd have a lot more assists. Hood, Burks, JJ, etc. have brought Don's AST numbers below where they should be.

This works both ways though. You should watch Saric and Covington constantly miss of Simmons.

And if our guys could make the wide-open shots off Donovan's perfect passes he'd have a lot more assists. Hood, Burks, JJ, etc. have brought Don's AST numbers below where they should be.

This works both ways though. You should watch Saric and Covington constantly miss of Simmons.
lol. ben simmons is hammering DM in steals? Simmons averages 1.9 steals per game. Mitchell averages 1.5 steals per game. And remember that Simmons averages 36 minutes per game and Mitchell averages 31 minutes per game.
Nice trolling.
Simmons averages more turnovers per game too (4 turnovers to mitchells 2.6)
Lol at simmons 3 point % for the year. Zero percent. he has made zero three pointers. Zero for 10. Lol at his free throw percentage too. 55%.

Fish - just to let you know, ALL of Simmons' three point attempts have been half court or full court heaves. This is a fact.

Mind you, I doubt he would break 25% with his current form and level of shooting confidence if he was taking genuine three point attempts.

I did they told me Mitchell. But they said the race for second place is still pretty tight and up for grabs between Kuzma and Tatum but this kid Simmons is a dark horse for second place.

Yes, Mitchell is the favourite
for ROY award in another parallel universe. I am LMAO right now.

Simmons has a fluidity to his game that is astounding for someone who is 6'10". He and Donovan are comparable in terms of their "magic" offensively but Simmons has that height which probably puts him above Don in terms of potential. But is Simmons the leader that Donovan is? Is he as likable? How is his defense overall compared to Donovan? I need to watch him more but in his highlights he looks so special. Who is comparable to him? Grant Hill? Pippen? Magic?

Simmons has a fluidity to his game that is astounding for someone who is 6'10". He and Donovan are comparable in terms of their "magic" offensively but Simmons has that height which probably puts him above Don in terms of potential. But is Simmons the leader that Donovan is? Is he as likable? How is his defense overall compared to Donovan? I need to watch him more but in his highlights he looks so special. Who is comparable to him? Grant Hill? Pippen? Magic?

His defense is really hard to properly evaluate. DRPM says he is by far the best defender among point guards - but this is a bit misleading because he spends a lot of time guarding front court players.

But in any case, he very rarely gets beat 1-1 and not many bigs try overpowering him on the block, I think because Simmons isn't a push over and bigs are wary of getting their pockets picked when they work down low against him.

He seems to get in the passing lanes without screwing up assignments.

The fluidity thing is a good point about Simmons, and I can see that with his movement on defense (Pippen like?). When he gets beat he has that knack of recovering and impacting shots still from the side or behind.

He projects to be a guy that could guard (to varying levels of success) 1 through 5. But obviously the smaller and quicker the guard, the less effective he will be.

I want Mitchell to win awards, but he has to win, like Brogdon, to have a chance. I want us to focus on surrounding him with a team for our future. Mitchell's best chance of awards and league recognition in our small market is by winning in the coming years. Our roster is pathetic. Our chances of sustained success is weak due to poor roster decisions and health.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for posting and reminding us how dumb Celtics fans are.

Mitchell just keeps pulling away more and more. That poor Australian kid on 76ers cant keep up. At least he can play dirty, something he can hold onto when he comes in 4th for ROY.

Dumb? More like unbiased and objective, traits which some Jazz fans like you are lacking. Everyone can see that the Aussie kid is the most deserving candidate for the ROY at this stage, except some Jazz fans of course.
If mitchell averages 25 points per game by the end of the season, then it will be a tight race.

Dumb? More like unbiased and objective, traits which some Jazz fans like you are lacking. Everyone can see that the Aussie kid is the most deserving candidate for the ROY at this stage, except some Jazz fans of course.
If mitchell averages 25 points per game by the end of the season, then it will be a tight race.
Lol, says the die hard Australian kid fan.

Sorry, it's over. Mitchell is running away with it. Scoring points is what matters the most. Unfortunately Ben Simpson isn't very good at that.

Sorry the truth hurts. I know it's tough to handle for you. Maybe post on the 76ers page about Bert Simon and talk about how much it sucks that he didn't play last year because he might have won Roy that season against a weaker crop. You might get some sympathy from them.

Sorry, it's over. Mitchell is running away with it. Scoring points is what matters the most. Unfortunately Ben Simpson isn't very good at that.

Sorry the truth hurts. I know it's tough to handle for you. Maybe post on the 76ers page about Bert Simon and talk about how much it sucks that he didn't play last year because he might have won Roy that season against a weaker crop. You might get some sympathy from them.

Mitchell will win. Whether he deserves to or not will be self evident by the end of the year.

Atm it is hard to justify given he ranks so lowly defensively atm. But I hardly think that is a big factor in ROY titles.

But Simmons according to some advanced metrics has regressed there too. Ball is now slightly higher than Simmons in that area. Simmons role defensively is kind of fluid and he does seem to be spending some more time on the perimeter which he isn't as good at.

I think it will be intriguing to see how Tatum, Mitchell and Simmons pan out. I personally don't like Kuzma much, but he is doing well.

I think Mitchell has to get to 20 ppg if he wants to have a chance. Simmons is going to average a near triple double and be the 2nd best player on a playoff team. Not to mention Simmons puts up 2 steals and a block per game.

Running away with it ? LOL

Mitchell scores more points because the rest of Utah players suck in scoring,
therefore He is forced to shoot more, Mitchell is only averaging 2 points more than Simmons, but
Simmons is leading Mitchell in every category ~ Robounds, assists, steals, blocks.
Not to mention Simmons is the 3rd best defensive point guard in the NBA, according to ESPN.

Running away with it ? LOL

Mitchell scores more points because the rest of Utah players suck in scoring,
therefore He is forced to shoot more, Mitchell is only averaging 2 points more than Simmons, but
Simmons is leading Mitchell in every category ~ Robounds, assists, steals, blocks.
Not to mention Simmons is the 3rd best defensive point guard in the NBA, according to ESPN.

Serious question. How many posters of Australian players do you have up in your bedroom? Which one is your favorite?

No, Simon Says is not scoring as much because he cant.

Mitchell PER 100 possessions which is a more accurate assessment is averaging 8 more points. Also the gap is widening more and more. Mitchell started slow and Simple Simon had a hot start. After that the real ROY is trending up and the other dude is going downhill. Oh, not to mention that one guy plays in the crappy Leastern conference and has easier matchups.

By your argument then Mitchell is only averaging less assists because he has to score more right?

Oh also your guy is about to have a historic bad FT shooting season. For the number of attempts he is neck and neck with Elfrid Peyton to have the worst FT shooting percentage of any guard in NBA history. Its hard to consider someone much of a Guard if he simple cant shoot, outside of the Paint he is useless. Teams are learning to leave him open more and more.

In modern basketball History Mitchell is currently 36th most PPG of any rookie.

How high is he going to get by the end of the season? Can he surpass Lebron who averaged 20.9? If he keeps up scoring 23 ppg which he has in December and January he will.

If he averaged what he has in December and January for the season he would be ranked #6 all time at 23.2 ppg.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...c=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&order_by=pts_per_g

Also impressive because the only player above Mitchell in PPG as a rookie who averaged less minutes is Embiid.

If you do it by Per 100 possessions of the players above him he would rank #8 all time.

PER 100 possessions Mitchell is averaging more points than notable great rookies Carmelo, Durant, Duncan, KAT, Darrell Griffith, Lebron, Vince Carter, Allen Iverson.

Mitchell rookie year has become a historic one.

Last edited:
It's not over, but Donovan has to be the front runner at this point. He is just killing people. Definitely worthy of serious All-Star consideration, even in the West.

He is also picking up steam rather than hitting the rookie wall. Barring injury, he'll finish the season over 20ppg, improved floor game stats (ast, reb, etc.), and an ASW appearance (winning the dunk contest, which he will) will really launch him forward in terms of mainstream media attention.

#superstar

Common Ron we all know you really love Simmons, when you get into bed you put on your Simmons Pyjamas

And then you dream of the scene from Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze, with you as Demi and Ben as Patrick but instead of Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers, its Leonard Cohen's Don't Go Home with your Hard-on off Death of a Ladies Man.

Common Ron we all know you really love Simmons, when you get into bed you put on your Simmons Pyjamas

And then you dream of the scene from Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze, with you as Demi and Ben as Patrick but instead of Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers, its Leonard Cohen's Don't Go Home with your Hard-on off Death of a Ladies Man.

somebody should do that scene with Trump and Oprah in it