What's new

Mitchell will romp to the ROY award...

Heh, the rookie/sophomore game has to be the biggest joke ever this year. Is there a worse draft class in NBA history than last year's? Man it is god god awful.

only weakness i notice is in him is when he gets winded he turns it over.
I can see that, it does happen from time to time. In fact it’s what happened 4 straight times in the Hornets game. He works extremely hard when he’s out there, he’ll learn to conserve and use his energy as he goes.

I think Mitchell isn't getting the love he deserves from rookie rankings lately. He's not only leading the rooks in scoring by a decent margin, but he's now past Simmons and leading in PER.

Just watched the Simmons vs. Tatum matchup on TNT.

I rarely watch non-Jazz NBA games, but I wanted to see the hype for myself. I must have caught a very bad game from both rookies, because what I saw makes it a travesty that these players are mentioned as serious ROY candidates over Mitchell.

I will take 17/8/7/2
over 19/3/3/1.5 any day.

These 2 guys are also playing for play off teams and have more competions for scoring from their team mates.

I hope Donovan puts on a show at the Rook/Soph game. Hopefully puts up 35-40 points.

Last edited:
I will take 17/8/7/2
over 19/3/3/1.5 any day.

These 2 guys are also playing for play off teams and have more competions for scoring from their team mates.

Rationalize all you want, but what I saw was two players playing very average. Simmons' 8 points on 9 shots in 34 minutes was far from spectacular, as was Tatum's 11 points on 11 shots in 36 minutes. But then Mitchell had a meh game against Washington the other day, so maybe I watched them on a bad night.

But Simmons is quite astounding -- how a point guard in todays NBA can survive without hitting a 3-point shot in 39 games is mind blowing.

Simmons just produced the crazy stat line of
19pts, 17 rbs, 14 asts 2 blks against the Bulls.

No other rookies this year can produce stats like this. The kid is a monster.

Last edited:
Do you guys notice that whenever Donovan is brought up in the ROTY discussion within the media they always preface what they say about Donovan by making it clear that Ben Simmons is the front runner? The media has already made up their minds.