What's new

Mitchell will romp to the ROY award...

In modern basketball History Mitchell is currently 36th most PPG of any rookie.

How high is he going to get by the end of the season? Can he surpass Lebron who averaged 20.9? If he keeps up scoring 23 ppg which he has in December and January he will.

If he averaged what he has in December and January for the season he would be ranked #6 all time at 23.2 ppg.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...c=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&order_by=pts_per_g

Also impressive because the only player above Mitchell in PPG as a rookie who averaged less minutes is Embiid.

If you do it by Per 100 possessions of the players above him he would rank #8 all time.

PER 100 possessions Mitchell is averaging more points than notable great rookies Carmelo, Durant, Duncan, KAT, Darrell Griffith, Lebron, Vince Carter, Allen Iverson.

Mitchell rookie year has become a historic one.

Here is the list of rookies who have averaged 30 min per game or more ranked by their points per 100 possessions.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...er_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&order_by=pts_per_poss

Whenever the world is done with anything remotely important.
Donovan getting noticed and more publicity is remotely important. One of the complaints of a small market is never getting noticed or talked about. The more he gets noticed and talked about the better, not to mention he deserves it.

Donovan getting noticed and more publicity is remotely important. One of the complaints of a small market is never getting noticed or talked about. The more he gets noticed and talked about the better, not to mention he deserves it.
I agree that any way he gets noticed is nice, and a dunk contest appearance, especially if he does well, could help his ROY chances.

I was just being a smart *** because I think the dunk contest is dumb and should be eliminated or completely reimagined.

I agree that any way he gets noticed is nice, and a dunk contest appearance, especially if he does well, could help his ROY chances.

I was just being a smart *** because I think the dunk contest is dumb and should be eliminated or completely reimagined.
Oh okay I understand you now. I actually agree, the only reason I’ll watch it is if Mitchell is in it. The entire spectacle of the Allstar game and activities surrounding it is stupid to me but it’s important to players. A dunk contest appearance will help Donovan’s publicity and I’m sure he’ll do great in it. I’ve yet to see him fail at something I’m sure he’ll impress given the fact he’ll have time to prepare. I’m sure he will have some pretty impressive dunks in the rookie/sophomore game as well. I agree the contest and weekend itself is stupid, but I want Donovan getting the most publicity he can get. Donovan isn’t or at least doesn’t seem to be someone who cares too much about being cocky or publicized, but he deserves it, and just want him to feel like he’s getting noticed here.

Last night when he had that big dunk most guys in the NBA would say something, pound their chest and show off (something like Westbrook always does) but Donovan just had a small smile and nothing else. He truly seems to be the guy everyone says he is and how he sounds in every interview. I trust Donovans loyalty more than I ever trusted Hayward’s already.

I'm excited for the Jazz to finally have someone in the Rookie game that can take the game over! Mitchell will be the MVP of the game.

I dont think it matters but I noticed that the majority of Mitchells Insta stories are with Royce, Udoh and Hood. Those must be the guys he is closest with. Those 4 seems to be hanging out a lot together.

We are so lucky.

absurd how ESPN doesn't cover any of this.

instead if you play historically bad, you get compared to jason kidd.
They do like to cover Lebron and the gossip stories a lot but Donovan has actually got a little love, due to himself being flashy on the court. He’s got more attention than a lot of Jazz guys have and once the Jazz start winning in the coming seasons I think he’ll get more media.

I dont think it matters but I noticed that the majority of Mitchells Insta stories are with Royce, Udoh and Hood. Those must be the guys he is closest with. Those 4 seems to be hanging out a lot together.
Booing Hood might matter. Royce is definetly closest, Hoods probably next closest, and he seems to just enjoy Udoh-don’t blame him Udoh is pretty funny. I honestly think everyone in the locker room gets along well and has good relationships. Donovan has an infectious personality. I’ve yet to see him upset, mad, down, or even any sign of anything negative.

Just watched the Simmons vs. Tatum matchup on TNT.

I rarely watch non-Jazz NBA games, but I wanted to see the hype for myself. I must have caught a very bad game from both rookies, because what I saw makes it a travesty that these players are mentioned as serious ROY candidates over Mitchell.

the dunk contest is more interesting than the mega boring all star game.