What's new

Official Public Declaration of Exums Future

What will Exum NBA career be?

• Total voters
My fear is that the problem with Dante might be the same problem that was Kanter's undoing. Skipping an entire year of regular basketball when you're in your late teens and sorely need development is just a horrible idea. I know what they were trying to do in both cases(protect draft stock) but I just feel that it has hurt Kanter in the long run and it will hurt Dante, as well.

Potential borderline all - star. There have been FAR more players who never lived up to their hype /potential than who did.

Played against high schools kids in Australia and then took a year off. It's a big adjustment and it will take some time to get acclimated to the NBA. I think he has the tools to be an all star and will turn out to be the 3rd best pick in last years draft.

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I'm an Aussie so some homer-ism should be expected. I've been quite disappointed with Dante because really I feel he is capable of so much more. It's hard to watch sometimes but at the same time, I sometimes forget he is only 19 coming from Australia rather then from the U.S. You gotta beat the passiveness out of him I suspect.

Just take a look at Bogut who is another talented aussie who likes to defer to others. I think it's something a lot of Aussies are brought up to play like. If you start putting yourself above the team, you're often accused of being a tall poppy. Then consider its his first year of any type of pro ball, he's literally the 5th guy in line to score whenever he's on court and him having said he doesn't wanna step on guys toes when he's a new guy.
I would say most 19 year olds who have started and played more then 25 odd minutes a game in the past would also have been on pretty awful teams and it's highly likely
they would have been more of a focal point on offence since their teams didn't have as many options. Jazz have a lot of scoring options, a lot more then your traditional lottery teams. Further, most guys on this team are extremely young and trying to build their own careers. I'd say most of them aren't interested in being role players. It's going to be awhile before dante climbs that queue. So I think it's a bit hard to compare dante

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still looking ****ty fwiw

Still looking ****ty fwiw
And will for the rest of the season. Does P3 have a ball growing program? Something with stem cells, perhaps? Why don't they medically examine these players before they draft them to check for a pair? Exum plays like a castrated kangaroo.

I am hoping it is a maturity issue. Some kids are pretty mature at 15, others much later. If so, there will be no speeding up the "fix", it will just take time for his brain to mature.

Way too early to make any strong opinions on Exum. 19 years old, one year removed from HS and now getting heavy mins against starters. With that said I never saw anything about his skillset that lead me to believe he was as special as many believed.

Way too early to make any strong opinions on Exum. 19 years old, one year removed from HS and now getting heavy mins against starters. With that said I never saw anything about his skillset that lead me to believe he was as special as many believed.

2 years removed from HS. He was 1 year removed last year when he took the year off to train.

I got so much negative reputation because I laughed about people who think he will become an allstar like player.
And one more "good" game from him last night.
But probably out of nowhere you people saw again "flashes of an allstar"...
The most overhyped player in Jazz uniform in last 10 years for sure.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, euphemistically speaking, Dante Exum is an unmitigated dumpster fire on offense. I am highly concerned he will never be even average offensively. Like, he'll always use possessions below the league average and that's if we're lucky and its not abnormally below the league average. He's slightly worse than JLIII from an offensive standpoint. John Crotty would own him scoring the ball.

Way I see it, Quin is Dehumanizing Dante for every offensive possession he leaves him out there.

2 years removed from HS. He was 1 year removed last year when he took the year off to train.

Actually the last games he played in high school were in January 2014. So that means 1 year and couple of months since his last game in Aussie HS.

Actually the last games he played in high school were in January 2014. So that means 1 year and couple of months since his last game in Aussie HS.

1 year off with nothing to do but train for basketball and he still can't shoot and has terrible conditioning. It's a huge red flag that speaks to his work ethic. If I were a potential pro and had no responsibilities, I'd be training a couple of times per day (broken up by meals and weight training) and taking 1,000 shots/per day. Exum hasn't improved offensively since Day #1 - despite Quin asking him to drive more and be aggressive. Dante simply doesn't seem to have a competitive drive. And there's nothing anyone can do about that. He's the Kris Humphries of PG's. Krissy had a ton of potential, but no drive. He was on his fourth team and 7th season before he had even sub-worthy numbers.