What's new

Ricky Rubio or George Hill?

I've always though passing was the hardest thing to do in the NBA and dude is a maestro... always puzzled he could never shoot or finish adequately. It's like someone doing advanced trig, but struggling with algebra.

He's an amazing passer. I don't think his defense is an issue, either. Looking at the Wolves roster, they have a need for a backup SG and Burks would fill that need, as well as be insurance in the event Wiggins or Muhammad get injured (Burks could play some SF). Assuming they'd want more than just Burks though, depends on what they'd want. DL no doubt has a handful of scenarios in his head and once the dominoes begin falling he will adjust his plan.

He's an amazing passer. I don't think his defense is an issue, either. Looking at the Wolves roster, they have a need for a backup SG and Burks would fill that need, as well as be insurance in the event Wiggins or Muhammad get injured (Burks could play some SF). Assuming they'd want more than just Burks though, depends on what they'd want. DL no doubt has a handful of scenarios in his head and once the dominoes begin falling he will adjust his plan.

He's a really good defender... gets his hands on a lot of balls.

If it was Burks for Rubio I'd do it right now and we could deal with the Hill fallout later.

I've always liked Rubio as a floor general. He does that very well, but not much else (except maybe defense). Like someone else said already, we'd have to surround him with good shooters, which is something we need to do anyway. He's interesting for sure, but I still think if we can't get George back affordably, DWill would be my next choice. I'd hate to pay a huge premium for Hill and shoot ourselves in the foot.

I mean if we couldn't re-sign Hill Rubio is a fine target if the price is right. I just don't think we'd do a pre-draft deal unless we were stealing him.

If he shot the 3 at 40% instead of 30% he'd be ideal and his contract is really good. I think there will be good options outside of Hill if the draft falls the right way... was looking for a good situation for Bledsoe if Phoenix gets a PG... I think the return will be less than ideal for them and I think most teams would have Bledsoe as more valuable than Rubio.

I mean if we couldn't re-sign Hill Rubio is a fine target if the price is right. I just don't think we'd do a pre-draft deal unless we were stealing him.

If he shot the 3 at 40% instead of 30% he'd be ideal and his contract is really good. I think there will be good options outside of Hill if the draft falls the right way... was looking for a good situation for Bledsoe if Phoenix gets a PG... I think the return will be less than ideal for them and I think most teams would have Bledsoe as more valuable than Rubio.

Bledsoe might be as good a player as Hill, if put in a good system, and he stays healthy.

Bledsoe might be as good a player as Hill, if put in a good system, and he stays healthy.

Bledsoe is a good target. I would like to see him in a Jazz uniform. Maybe Clippers will trade him for Millsap?

Wait maybe for Burks and a first.

The Jazz are in a pickle financially speaking. If they bring in a PG for $14M instead of the $20M that Hill is going to cost, it might mean they can keep Joe Ingles or another player. Money is what's driving the discussion about PGs. Is there an equal or near-equal PG that's attainable for less than $20M? The Jazz can use their unused cap space and/or Boris Diaw's non-guaranteed deal to acquire such a player before extending Hayward kills our capspace. The Jazz have a use-it-or-lose-it situation with their remaining cap flexibility.

I would love to know what Snyder thinks of Rubio. We likely won't hear it from him unless we trade for Rubio but I am curious to know. I thought Hill would be a better defender than he turned out to be.

There are so many questions this off-season. A lot is going to happen, but getting a PG and having money to sign someone else as well as Ingles (expecting Burks to be gone) would be great. Though I have faith in DL. I think there will be a lot of trades in during the summer as teams attempt to fill their rosters under the cap.

Jones and Dunn may not be starter material but if the Wolves pick 6th there's a chance they draft a PG as I wouldn't be shocked if Fox is there at 6, and likely will be Smith and that French guy with the crazy last name.

We thought Ingles was an awful defender too. Teo probably cant guard 1's, but he might be able to guard 2's. He really just doesnt try to guard in Europe. Maybe with effort he could be better.

Nope. nope. nope. Nope. Nope. No. Don't get your hopes up. He will be a sieve.

Bledsoe is a good target. I would like to see him in a Jazz uniform. Maybe Clippers will trade him for Millsap?

Wait maybe for Burks and a first.

I worry he wouldn't fit as well on offense and I think I remember hearing he isn't the best locker room guy. I think I'd rather have him than Rubio though... both may be on the market.