What's new

Ricky Rubio or George Hill?

Don't see him as a good fit but if retaining Hayward comes down to Hill at 4/80-100 vs Rubio at 2/30, it's an easy decision. But there are definitely better options to replace Hill

Don't see him as a good fit but if retaining Hayward comes down to Hill at 4/80-100 vs Rubio at 2/30, it's an easy decision. But there are definitely better options to replace Hill

Who? And what do they cost in your opinion.

Who? And what do they cost in your opinion.

No idea about potential salaries but I view both Mills & Collison as better fits due to their range & ability to play off the ball. Rubio isn't a bad option based on age/possible remaining potential but I wouldn't give up much, if anything, of value to acquire him as I feel he would clog up our offense because of his limited range & ineffectiveness without the ball.

As far as salary dumps go, Jeremy Lin would also seemingly be a better fit &, like Rubio, has 2 years remaining (assuming he accepts his player opt) at less money (2/24). But I would pretty much be okay with any stop-gap PG who doesn't require a long-term commitment & keeps us competitive enough to entice Hayward to re-sign.

No idea about potential salaries but I view both Mills & Collison as better fits due to their range & ability to play off the ball. Rubio isn't a bad option based on age/possible remaining potential but I wouldn't give up much, if anything, of value to acquire him as I feel he would clog up our offense because of his limited range & ineffectiveness without the ball.

As far as salary dumps go, Jeremy Lin would also seemingly be a better fit &, like Rubio, has 2 years remaining (assuming he accepts his player opt) at less money (2/24). But I would pretty much be okay with any stop-gap PG who doesn't require a long-term commitment & keeps us competitive enough to entice Hayward to re-sign.

Jeremy Lin lmao? Hayward would laugh his way to Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

BKN values Lin, so they won't dump him... has had injury issues the last year. Collison likely costs around 8-10 per and is not the most durable dude either... Mills will get 15-17 unless SA gets a big discount. We don't have the capspace to sign either unless we do some major cutting. Rubio may be the best option, of course, depending on price.

I do hope we gauged how much interest Deron had and what a contract might look like next year so that we can make an informed decision. I think he is Plan B if Hill wiggles away.

To clarify, I was making suggestions based on the premise that Hayward will only re-sign if there is a competent PG on the roster (which I'm not suggesting is the case). If Hayward is willing to return regardless of our PG situation, I would be fine with starting Exum as it would give us an opportunity to better evaluate him while retaining our long-term financial flexibility.

Assuming we retain Hayward, I don't care who the starting PG is next season as long as it doesn't prohibit us from eventually acquiring that 3rd impact player. Personally, I hope we are able to avoid investing significant $/assets in anything less than a potential star while still retaining Hayward. IMO we are still at least a year from (potentially) truly contending & hope we are able to construct the roster accordingly.

Probably right but if I told you 3 years ago Joe Ingles would guard CP3 for significant stretches in a playoff series what would your reaction be?

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

I hate this argument. How about the assload of players who didn't turn out to be good defenders in the NBA? It's a meaningless argument. All we can base our opinions on is how he has played so far in his career.

I hate this argument. How about the assload of players who didn't turn out to be good defenders in the NBA? It's a meaningless argument. All we can base our opinions on is how he has played so far in his career.
My only argument is that players generally become better defenders when they have less of a load to carry on offense.

My only argument is that players generally become better defenders when they have less of a load to carry on offense.

That may be true. But most of those soft Euros remain soft in the NBA. However, if he plays hard on D, then we're fine, even if he doesn't have the physical attributes to be a good defender (because of Gobert). I'd be very curious about him. I'd bring him over even after re-signing Hill.

If the Jazz did this they would need to upgrade the shooters at the SG spot. Burks would need to move and bring in another shooter. Hood would need to work on his consistency.

We should sign Korver along with Rubio.

Teo is smart but he doesnt have the speed nor strength to guard pgs. Westrbook, Wall and their likes will destroy him. I dont compare Rubio- Teo. One is NBA proven decent PG other is an enigma. I believe he is a euroleague guard. He wont fit that well to NBA, especially with the pace and space game being more common.